The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 17, 2011, 08:17:33 PM
Shelvey is just back from injury and is still very young. He will cut the mustard.

anytime i see him, my first thought is "thats gerrard without the brain", and i mean that in a nice way; he's a bit like a young ste g with the athleticism, wantin to get forward etc; but he has a long way to go to match the man himself;

but sure he's in no better place to learn :)

Orior

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Especially the Venger/Dalglaish spat at the end.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

Does anyone else think Dalglish is a p***k of the smugest kind? Id love to wipe the grin off his face everytime i see it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Carmen Stateside

Think your on your own Sligo. Hes the best thing to happen to the league and Liverpool. Was wenger right?

Hound

What an utter idiot Eboue is!

Liverpool fully deserved the point. Makes up a little bit for the jammy equaliser Arsenal got in the first game.

Really hope the yanks are thinking of nothing else under than keeping the King Kenny and Clarke partnership together.

Mentalman

Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times......Blame it on Eboue!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2011, 08:37:34 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 17, 2011, 08:17:33 PM
Shelvey is just back from injury and is still very young. He will cut the mustard.

anytime i see him, my first thought is "thats gerrard without the brain", and i mean that in a nice way; he's a bit like a young ste g with the athleticism, wantin to get forward etc; but he has a long way to go to match the man himself;

but sure he's in no better place to learn :)

Yeah I have to agree. I've seen nothing from him so far this season that leads me to believe he'll become a fixture in the team. His touch seems off, passing his poor etc.
I would to see him go out on loan next season. I don't think he'll get much gametime given that we'll be certainly buying some wingers and possibly a central midfielder in the summer.

nifan

Was at the game, and it wasnt the best to be honest but the finish was unbelievable.
Anyone questioning whether the liverpool fans wanted to get something out of it should watch the players coming to celebrate with the fans when kyut scored the penalty - there was no question of not celebrating.

EagleLord

I didnt see any of the game, and missed motd2! I couldnt beleive it when I heard the times of the goals! Anyone got a link to highlights of it or anything? Would be on bbc iplayer ?? Every link I click on it youtube is a shite link!

Bingo

Have to say I enjoyed that equaliser yesterday. No question on peno or time in my opinion. Wegner and his team, need to grow a pair of balls, they lost the league long before yesterday - Newcastle, Spurs, Wigan, home draws.

Fair play to Liverpool, played with great spirit, even Skrtel looked like a defender yesterday. Full backs looked very solid, Robinson got caught on ball a couple of times but defensively he was excellent and thats a full backs first job.

Going forward we looked average, Suarez had an odd day, looked dangerous at times but finishing and final ball let him down but he does pop up everywhere and makes it hard for defences as they can't leave space with him about. Carroll never really got any ball in decent positions and was lucky he didn't do any harm.

But given we were missing - Gerard, Johnson, Agger, Kelly, then lost Aurelio, Carra and Carroll, away to Arsenal, you'd be very happy with the draw.

Fair play to Kuyt - balls of steel!

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on April 18, 2011, 11:24:37 AM

Did the same in the derby at The Pit a few years back. Fair play indeed

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on April 18, 2011, 11:45:16 AM

Indeed, Feet of clay but balls of steel!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 18, 2011, 11:54:36 AM

Feet of cement you mean. If it was clay, he'd be able to control the ball.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 18, 2011, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 18, 2011, 11:54:36 AM

Feet of cement you mean. If it was clay, he'd be able to control the ball.

I was thinking of the more thespian understanding of Feet of Clay and references to weakenesses in people held in high esteem, but cement is a good analogy too :D