The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angermanagement

Quote from: new devil on March 08, 2011, 05:16:06 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 08, 2011, 05:03:11 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 08, 2011, 04:52:53 PM
I'm bored...so, EPL team of the year to date (saying as the PFA are probably collecting votes as well)

GK - Hart - not a vintage year for keepers. Strong case could be made for VDS as well.

RB - Ivanovic, no stand out RB and he may be a better CB. Coleman seems to have played more at RM.
CB - Vidic, picks himself.
CB - Hangeland, holds them together.
LB - A Cole. Not a popular player but very solid. Baines, a close call in a strong position.

RM - Nani. Probably wrong side but had a big year
CM  - Van Der Vart - great bargain buy.
CM - Adam - probably needs a more DM in team but he;s been super for blackpool
LM - Bale. Unplayable in first half of year, even if EPL games didn't hit heights of CL

F - Tevez Has carried city in my opinion
F - Carroll Up to his injury had been very impressive and is a good all round player. Consistant when a lot of other strikers haven't been  - Berbatov, Drogba, Anelka, Elmander.

No Nasri?? Shocking omission.

And hasn't most of Bales good games been played in Europe? Hard to argue with the rest..Well maybe VDS in goals

Before the weekend Bale had one assist in the league all season.Two good games in Europe dont make a great season.

Hart

Ivanovic
Vidic
Kompany
Cole

Nani
Parker
Fabregas
Nasri

Tevez
Van Der Vaart

Minder

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 08, 2011, 05:25:17 PM
Here's my team. Not sure how the midfield would lin out though!

Hart

Ivanovic
Vidic
Kompany
Baines

Nani
Adam
Fabregas
Nasri

Tevez
Van Der Vaart

I can't believe more haven't had Kompany, he has been as impressive as Vidic this year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on March 08, 2011, 05:43:02 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 08, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
442 who the feck plays 442 anymore.

Heres my convoluted 4231 system...

Foster - Don't agree re Hart think hes been poor recently

Ivanovic
Vidic
Kompany
Baines

Yaya
Scott Parker

Nani
VDV
Nasri

Tevez - was close between him and Rooney :P

Solid call on Parker but just don't think he done enough ala Charlie Adam.

Only man i know who plays 442 is some old Scot from Salford but you mightn't have heard of him cause he not talking to anyone anymore.

Surely an impossibility?

Adam was my other opinion but in my imaginary world I think Parker gives more defensively.. :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Back to yellow away next season??

Big Puff

laoislad

Aurelio out for for a month.

Liverpool FC Head of Sports Medicine and Sports Science Dr Peter Brukner has confirmed the defender is facing four weeks on the sidelines after assessing the injury at Melwood.

Brukner told Liverpoolfc.tv: "He's got a significant hamstring injury. Unfortunately his body lets him down. He always play well when he's fit. We've been managing him carefully because he's not been playing twice in a week, but this just came out of the blue.

"He had a minor adductor strain a few weeks before that. We rehabilitated him and he trained all week with no problems at all.

"He'll be out for a month so that's a blow. It's a partial tear. It's what we call a secondary degree hamstring. It's similar to Martin Kelly's  and these are three or four week injuries.

"He's obviously very down. It was a sad sight to see him walking off the pitch. He's frustrated because he was playing well on Sunday. He was looking forward to getting a run of games but it wasn't to be."
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Away kit next year is grey. It's been lauched on 14 April and from the on the knows on Twitter than yellow kit is fake.

Bingo

Talk on a few forums that Gerrard been told he needs surgery on groin and will miss rest of season.

Despite not been his best season, be a big miss for rest of season just when a team was starting to take shape and he could start to gel with Carroll and Suarez.

Still, if it means its sorted once and for all, it'll mean he'll be fit for next seasons title charge.... cause season is our season  ;)  ;D

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Bingo on March 10, 2011, 09:56:34 AM
Talk on a few forums that Gerrard been told he needs surgery on groin and will miss rest of season.

Despite not been his best season, be a big miss for rest of season just when a team was starting to take shape and he could start to gel with Carroll and Suarez.

Still, if it means its sorted once and for all, it'll mean he'll be fit for next seasons title charge.... cause season is our season  ;)  ;D

Well that was my initial reaction too  :D

supersub

Pitty about Gerard alright, no doubting his influence on the team even if he has had a poor season.

See Carrol has been shafted from the No.9 jersey tonight! Has to wear 29 as Torres already registered in 9 for the competition. Bit silly!

brokencrossbar1

Maybe if Gerrard has to take time off then we will finally see Pacheco get game time.  It has been noticeable in the last few reserve games that his is playing in deeper role, actually wearing the no. 8 jersey!  Maybe he is seen as an option now in that role. Looking forward to seeing the Tyneside Beast get a run of games no matter what jersey he is wearing!

Carmen Stateside

I will say we will see more of Poulsen for the rest of the year.  Coady could be worth a few run outs now.  What of Jovanivic, were has he gone?  Not even in the panel!
Few rumours around that young Flanagan could get some game time tonight at left back with Agger and Aurelio out.  After the West Ham Game Wilson at left back is a big no no surely.

Bingo

I was surprised that Flanagan was taken with the Youths in FA Cup action on Sunday V the Mancs, so it probably reflects how bad the situation at Left back is.

I'd not rule Wilson out based on one game where the entire team played well below par. Prior to that he has looked solid in the position without setting the world on fire. Its also worth noting that he is a CB by trade. Be a massive risk to throw Flanagan in in an away European tie. I'd stick with Wilson. Mendy also in squad and is a full back.

Carmen Stateside

Not saying saying Wilson is a bad one, CB is his position, LB is not.  A natural left back as in Flanagan could offer more going forward.  Wilson had indeed played well prior but he never wanted to get forward, maybe under instructions or maybe knowing his limitations. Tonights game will probably suit him in fairness.

Bingo

I'd be a big fan of Flanagan and Robinson as well. Even Brad Smith at LB is looking very good but I'd hold fire on them for next year at least. They really attack well and defend hard but massive step up from reserve/youth team football.

I'd be very surprised if both of them don't make it in the game.