Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteWas this before or after Ricey had O'Se by the throat/face?

O'Se pushed McMenamin in the back which led to the scuffle where McMenamin grabbed him by the throat.   Grabbing by the throat on provocation is harldy a rare sight in gaelic football!

SidelineKick

There is no other county in Ireland that would go to such lengths to defend the actions of a thug on their team. And you wonder why nobody likes Tyrone. (Before you mention any of your all irelands this feeling was long before your success).
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

Quote from: SidelineKick on February 16, 2009, 10:04:39 AM
There is no other county in Ireland that would go to such lengths to defend the actions of a thug on their team. And you wonder why nobody likes Tyrone. (Before you mention any of your all irelands this feeling was long before your success).

Who's defending? I'm not and the huge majority of Tyrone supporters on here aren't here.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

So you always disliked Tyrone? I think it is you that has a problem rather than Tyrone if you always disliked Tyrone.

stalwart

i think its a sign of the times when a member of the kerry backroom team raises his arms aloft to the crowd after beating tyrone in a league game! -

cornafean

There is no other county in Ireland that would go to such lengths to defend the actions of a thug on their team.

Really?

Meath, Kerry and sadly my own county of Cavan all have previous form in this hall of shame.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on February 16, 2009, 10:06:26 AM

Who's defending? I'm not and the huge majority of Tyrone supporters on here aren't here.

Oh by all means this isn't confined to simple Derry folk like myself.  I thoroughly enjoyed their AI win last year and ended up cheering for them  :-\ but many of you are not gratious winners, and worse losers.

Ziggy the majority of Tyrone fans on here may not be outright defendin his actions but they certainly are doing a great job saying he only did it because....bla bla bla.  His actions were atrocious, and I am not getting at you because I know you of all people have a very open mind and would be the first to condemn. Its just unbelievable the amount of support McMenamin is getting on here when it should be 100% codemnation from all sides.

Reported.

blewuporstuffed

which is why galvin recieved such an ovation from the kerry support when introduced in last years all ireland  final?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

under the bar

QuoteThere is no other county in Ireland that would go to such lengths to defend the actions of a thug on their team.

I'm far from defending him, just stating what happened as opposed to blaming McMenamin for everything bar 9/11.   I note you've side-stepped the fact O'Shea spat in McMenamin's face as opposed to the other way around.

And you wonder why nobody likes Tyrone. (Before you mention any of your all irelands this feeling was long before your success).

I wonder which county you are from?  ::)

SidelineKick

Quote from: under the bar on February 16, 2009, 10:13:49 AM
QuoteThere is no other county in Ireland that would go to such lengths to defend the actions of a thug on their team.

I'm far from defending him, just stating what happened as opposed to blaming McMenamin for everything bar 9/11.   I note you've side-stepped the fact O'Shea spat in McMenamin's face as opposed to the other way around.

And you wonder why nobody likes Tyrone. (Before you mention any of your all irelands this feeling was long before your success).

I wonder which county you are from?  ::)

Jesus it could be any one of 31.

Reported.

Yes I Would

Quote from: under the bar on February 16, 2009, 10:02:07 AM
QuoteWas this before or after Ricey had O'Se by the throat/face?

O'Se pushed McMenamin in the back which led to the scuffle where McMenamin grabbed him by the throat.   Grabbing by the throat on provocation is harldy a rare sight in gaelic football!

On final whistle scobe mouthing obscentities into O Se's face. No offer of handshake.
Scobe turns away, (my guess was to seek Gooch to continue goading)
O Se pushes Scobe in the back, who retaliates. O Se walks away. O Connor infuriated by what he saw!!

longball

just a few points on Tyrone yday this is just my opinion you can pick at it at your will:

J Curran: two excellent point blank ng saves however i dont like his kickouts. hes sort of half vollying them off the cone i dont no how anyone is suppose to make a clean catch of these, there low and coming with vemon.

M 'Rooney' Swift- Rooney was badly caught for the first goal shouldnt be allowing free catches in that area however thought he battled hard throughtout the game and is very comfortable on the ball

Justin McMahon: does not look like an all star full back. early days yet i no but opening two games ive been very disappointed in him. we see that T Walsh has upped it a level already from last year Justin should be hitting same heights. seemed more comfortable out the field kicking great point.

P Jordan: gave real drive to the team yday esp in second half was a real leader out there NEXT captain in my opinion

A Cassidy: when moved to FF he won every ball until he went in there Tyrone never had a target man the whole game. Shame he had to go off injured

Colm Cavanagh- i dont rate this guy at all, sorry but i just dont get him. hes too clumsy or something and i think it affects Seans game when he is playing. thought whenever Stevie O'Neill was unfit that on form SNOWY was the man to be used anyone else feel this?

C 'skill' McCullagh- yday was just one of those days for him nothing went right, passing in final third was a joke
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Yes I Would

Quote from: longball on February 16, 2009, 10:18:05 AM
just a few points on Tyrone yday this is just my opinion you can pick at it at your will:

J Curran: two excellent point blank ng saves however i dont like his kickouts. hes sort of half vollying them off the cone i dont no how anyone is suppose to make a clean catch of these, there low and coming with vemon.

M 'Rooney' Swift- Rooney was badly caught for the first goal shouldnt be allowing free catches in that area however thought he battled hard throughtout the game and is very comfortable on the ball

Justin McMahon: does not look like an all star full back. early days yet i no but opening two games ive been very disappointed in him. we see that T Walsh has upped it a level already from last year Justin should be hitting same heights. seemed more comfortable out the field kicking great point.

P Jordan: gave real drive to the team yday esp in second half was a real leader out there NEXT captain in my opinion

A Cassidy: when moved to FF he won every ball until he went in there Tyrone never had a target man the whole game. Shame he had to go off injured

Colm Cavanagh- i dont rate this guy at all, sorry but i just dont get him. hes too clumsy or something and i think it affects Seans game when he is playing. thought whenever Stevie O'Neill was unfit that on form SNOWY was the man to be used anyone else feel this?

C 'skill' McCullagh- yday was just one of those days for him nothing went right, passing in final third was a joke

What about Ricey Longball?

SidelineKick

Quote from: Yes I Would on February 16, 2009, 10:19:50 AM
Quote from: longball on February 16, 2009, 10:18:05 AM

What about Ricey Longball?

Who's Ricey Longball?

Reported.

full back

Quote from: stalwart on February 16, 2009, 10:07:25 AM
i think its a sign of the times when a member of the kerry backroom team raises his arms aloft to the crowd after beating tyrone in a league game! -

Excellent first post

Some Tyrone posters are honest enough & mentioning the incidents regarding Hero

Some are just acting the ostrich :-\