The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 18, 2009, 02:17:27 PM
Quote from: The GAA on January 18, 2009, 01:05:37 PM

No pressure tomorrow night lads. sure at least a draw is guaranteed with everton not having a single fit striker an all....

Why do united fans feel they have to degrade themselves like this, is it not enough that ye won yesterday, itrs shite like that that sickens me about united fans

I think it was only a bit of piss taking. Are you not taking yourself too seriously?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The GAA

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 18, 2009, 02:17:27 PM
Quote from: The GAA on January 18, 2009, 01:05:37 PM

No pressure tomorrow night lads. sure at least a draw is guaranteed with everton not having a single fit striker an all....

Why do united fans feel they have to degrade themselves like this, is it not enough that ye won yesterday, itrs shite like that that sickens me about united fans

:D

Gabriel_Hurl

Piss-taking is all well and good (when it involves Spurs)  :D - but it get's a bit boring when nearly 50% of the posts on the thread aren't from Liverpool supporters

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 18, 2009, 05:28:43 PM
Piss-taking is all well and good (when it involves Spurs)  :D - but it get's a bit boring when nearly 50% of the posts on the thread aren't from Liverpool supporters

This is what it is like to be at the top or thereabouts of the league
People want a bit of you
Wouldnt it be worse if the thread was like the Villa or Everton thread
You just cant please some people..........

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 18, 2009, 05:28:43 PM

Treu, true, just look at the amount of us on the United thread.

under the bar

Here's my treble this week:

Tonight - Liverpool win
Tomorrow - Gerrard guilty
Friday - Everton win

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 18, 2009, 12:04:58 PM
There is a Merseyside derby on tomorrow night can we concentrate on that rather than that p***K Keane  ??? Let the United fans worship at his altar on their own thread..

After United scraping a win yesterday surely Rafa has to be a bit more positive which his team tomorrow night than he was against Stoke,personally I would go with Keane/Kuyt up front,not sure if Torres is 100% fit so he might be better as a sub if needed
Torres, Alonso, Arbeloa all fit. I'd be very surprised if Torres doesnt start.

My guess is that he'll push Kuyt back out onto the right, with Mascherano and Alonso in the middle and Gerrard supporting Torres. Then Riera on the left. But both wide men pushing on to make it a 4-2-3-1 formation.

corn02

Quote from: under the bar on January 19, 2009, 09:31:45 AM
Here's my treble this week:

Tonight - Liverpool win
Friday - Everton win

I am all for a tasteless, topical joke, but the Gerrard/Ronaldo ones have been very poor. UTB I think that was the worst yet.

new devil

What were the ronaldo jokes corn?
Has keane really fell that far down the pecking order that rafa would
Push gerrard up front?

Hound

Quote from: new devil on January 19, 2009, 09:54:19 AM
What were the ronaldo jokes corn?
Has keane really fell that far down the pecking order that rafa would
Push gerrard up front?
Gerrard played behind Kuyt in the last 2 league games, the 5-1 v Newky and the 0-0 v Stoke

new devil

do yous not think keane deserves more of a chance?

under the bar

QuoteHere's my treble this week:

Tonight - Liverpool win
Friday - Everton win

I am all for a tasteless, topical joke, but the Gerrard/Ronaldo ones have been very poor. UTB I think that was the worst yet.

Why? Do you think tonight will be a draw?

EC Unique

QuoteRAFA BENITEZ took another swipe at Kop chiefs for the deal delay that could see Daniel Agger go to Italy.

Benitez said: "The club have been too slow on Agger's contract and he's now all over the papers because we were not quick enough.

"Agger was telling me he wants to stay. His commitment to the club is 100 per cent but they have been waiting and waiting and waiting and don't know what is happening."

AC Milan want the 24-year-old Danish centre-back, whose Kop deal runs out in 18 months.

Last week his agent Per Steffensen met Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida.

But Steffensen insisted: "There's been a lot of speculation that's been wide of the mark. I was over just to build a relationship with the club."

Benitez has halted his own contract talks until the Anfield outfit's US owners agree to give him greater control of transfers.

Now he has launched a thinly-veiled dig at Kop chief exec Rick Parry.

However, the Spaniard added: "I know Agger wants to stay so we can find a solution."

Is having stuff like this printed in the tabloids really the way to deal with problems? :-\

full back

I think the only solution is to gag this man
FFS, he just cant seem to keep anything behind closed doors
All this yapping for a club 2nd in the PL & through to the next round of the CL ::)

charlie stubbs

must get 3 points tonight.would like to see rafa go for the jugular 2night and start keane torres upfront with a mf of kuyt,alonso,gerrard,riera and try and stretch everton from the off.  i feel that when teams that we should be beating at home come sometimes it takes us too long to get going.  an early goal in these type of games can be great for confidence and also immediately puts self doubt in the opposition.  everton on a good run at the moment though they will be delighted with a point 2night considering they will be missing fellaini and their striker situation