The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: flog the lot on January 07, 2009, 08:46:02 AM
Liverpool will be without the services of Emiliano Insua for the next month due to his participation in the Under-20 South American Championships with Argentina
The tournament runs from January 19 until February 8

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162737090105-1428.htm

Ah fecking Di Santo at that too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2009, 06:37:01 AM
Ah fecking Di Santo at that too.

Aye feck he's a big loss alright...how will yis ever cope without him ???

corn02

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a furious attack on Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson.
Benitez claims that Ferguson is "the only manager who will not be punished" for verbally attacking referees.
"We had a meeting about the respect campaign and I was very clear - forget about it, because Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.
Ferguson was given a two-game touchline ban and fined £10,000 in November for remonstrating with referee Mike Dean.
More to follow.

A bit disappointed. Always admired Rafa's calm compared to Ferguson's continuing mouthing off.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The GAA

full back

The pressure is starting to tell & its on January :D
Imagine poor Rafa if Liverpool stay in contention until April...............

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

flog the lot

Quote from: corn02 on January 09, 2009, 03:01:53 PM
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a furious attack on Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson.
Benitez claims that Ferguson is "the only manager who will not be punished" for verbally attacking referees.
"We had a meeting about the respect campaign and I was very clear - forget about it, because Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.
Ferguson was given a two-game touchline ban and fined £10,000 in November for remonstrating with referee Mike Dean.
More to follow.

A bit disappointed. Always admired Rafa's calm compared to Ferguson's continuing mouthing off.

i'd say he has a reason behind this... it a big week for utd with 2 big games against chelsea and wigan who are on form...

Minder

I quite liked the bit about about Fergie drafting the fixtures himself and letting everyone else know. You can just imagine Fergie sitting with his calendar and a large Whyte & Mackay............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Well in Rafa lad, I take away my inital disappointment comment. Dnr texted me and said "I hope he is not doing a Keegan." Very much planned out and not an outburst. Pre=pallned and methodical. He will have done it for a reason, he has shown he can keep his class but still stand up for himself too. Delighted with this, hopefully we don't blow it tomorrow. I think United and Pool fans will agree when Rafa said United did not expect Liverpool to be top at the moment.

Gabriel_Hurl

the best piece was his advice for Scolari

he told him to employ the zonal marking system as all the United players will be around the ref

GalwayBayBoy

Not sure if it was worth commentating on Ferguson's drivel even if it's all true but Rafa isn't an emotional type like Keegan so he'll have come out and said the things he did for a reason.

You know Ferguson is taking Liverpool seriously though when he's talking about them in the days before they are due to play Chelsea.

Minder

Cant wait to see the goons on Sky Soccer Saturday tomorrow, Le Tissier will be "shocked", Merson will be shaking his head "i fink hes lost it big time Jeff, know wat i mean?". Charlie Nich' will probably, with a cheeky smile, announce the end of Liverpools title challenge..............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2009, 03:47:54 PM
Cant wait to see the goons on Sky Soccer Saturday tomorrow, Le Tissier will be "shocked", Merson will be shaking his head "i fink hes lost it big time Jeff, know wat i mean?". Charlie Nich' will probably, with a cheeky smile, announce the end of Liverpools title challenge..............

Thing is that's exactly what they are going to say. ;D

stevo-08

Quote from: full back on January 09, 2009, 03:14:01 PM
The pressure is starting to tell & its on January :D
Imagine poor Rafa if Liverpool stay in contention until April...............

nonsense. rafa is by a long way the calmest manager in the PL. Nothing seems to phase the man. The only time I've ever seen him so much as raise an eyebrow after Liverpool scored a goal was when babel scored the winner v united. Now imagine if a team like Villa scored a winner v united - O'Neill would still be doing laps of the pitch!!!

If liverpool are still in contention for the next few months, I trust rafa to stay cool throughout. Now the players on the other hand...