The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteOk I counter that with the pundits on five live thought it was, but what would they know compared to a United fan on a board eh?

So you didn't actually watch the game then yet swear it was a stone-wall penalty from the radio commentary? 

Classic!  :D

corn02

I watched the game, someone who listened on five live told me they said it was a penalty.

Also so did the Guardian report and many more media reports.. I'll take their word over yoursand Phil Neal.

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 09:53:04 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2008, 09:43:02 AM
Quote from: full back on November 13, 2008, 09:27:11 AM
Jaysus lads, how bad is that Dossena lad?
Some of the players on the scousers arent fit to wear the jersey
In all honesty, the scousers just dont have the depth to challenge for a title over the course of a season IMHO

Thats more or less what I said but 18 players were quoted that apparently can win the league but I suppose only time will tell. ;)

Ahh now, I didn't say win the league, I said we have 18 players that could be thrown into big games.

YesIwould -only if you pick me over O'Neil for the post.

Sorry corn I picked you up wrong. Do you not think Liverpool will win the League this year? You have to be optimistic..

corn02

Honestly? I don't. I think we have a good chance but we are still going to come up a cropper against small teams i.e this Saturday.

I do think we can challkeneg and nick second. I think of the four different Premiership winners, three came second the year before they won it. Obviosuly the first year would be the first division as the previous year.

I think Chelsea are looking superb, but United are the only team capable of putting a run of wins that stretches into two figures.

magpie seanie

From what I saw it wasn't a penalty. Defender got a slight touch so he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

O'Neill's post was the most accurate thing put on this thread in a while. If Liverpool had got beaten by Athletico and managed to get eliminated it would be a huge boost to their Premier League hopes.

Also - I hope I didn't see some personal abuse there. People could get reported for that sort of thing.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2008, 11:16:29 AM
From what I saw it wasn't a penalty. Defender got a slight touch so he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Wow there's a surprise  ::) I must remember that quote the next time Rooney is upended in the box and you come on complaining it should have been a penalty
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

it dosent make a difference liverpool are out. Theres always something to complain about when yous get beat. Blame the manager he put out a team that wasn't good enough, not the referee for not giving a penalty. Even though he got the ball

corn02

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 13, 2008, 11:32:55 AM
it dosent make a difference liverpool are out. Theres always something to complain about when yous get beat. Blame the manager he put out a team that wasn't good enough, not the referee for not giving a penalty. Even though he got the ball

o......k

What personal abuse Seanie, me and YesIWould?

The Real Laoislad

And 99.9% of Liverpool fans don't give a toss that Liverpool are out of the Carling Cup..I think Rafa showed how much he cared for the competition by taking Torres off after 50mins
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

It was 4-1 when he came off. Rafa knew they were beat so he took him off to rest for sat. i bet if they were in the game he would have stayed on

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 13, 2008, 11:42:50 AM
It was 4-1 when he came off. Rafa knew they were beat so he took him off to rest for sat. i bet if they were in the game he would have stayed on

I bet if it was a Premier League game he would have stayed on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 11:35:55 AM

o......k

No.

Yes I Would

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2008, 11:16:29 AM

O'Neill's post was the most accurate thing put on this thread in a while. If Liverpool had got beaten by Athletico and managed to get eliminated it would be a huge boost to their Premier League hopes.

Also - I hope I didn't see some personal abuse there. People could get reported for that sort of thing.

Surely only the people offended would report. No offence taken by moi, and ive kind of apologised to Corn02.
We have agreed to disagree!!

Onwards and upwards. 3 points at weekend a must!!

corn02

And I kind of apologised to yesiwould in a stubborn way.  ;)  Even though Seanie was not refering to us.

AnPort, you seem to be taking a lot of joy in this defeat. Save yourself for Saturday when there is a great chance we will be beat in a meaningful match. Put it this way, were you gutted after Coventry last year?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2008, 11:45:18 AM
Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 11:35:55 AM

o......k

No.

LOL  :D magpie seanie the International man of mystery

You'll Never Walk Alone.