The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

Shouldnt have taken a f**king injury to Gerrard to make the decision that he should be kept!

Carmen Stateside

Alonso in my opinion was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field last night.  A right sided player is what Liverpool should be in the market for! Although Kuyt played well last night too  :o

corn02

Pre-season friendly keep the heads lads.

Poeple who think Kuty is shite have no idea about soccer.

Yes I Would

I dont think he is shite, my impression had been that he had been bought to score goals.

I know he works his ballix off, but just sometimes felt that he lacks that bit of quality that was needed to be a Liverpool player.
This will be a defining season for him and i honestly hope he can deliver some big performances.

full back

He is an honest player who runs his balls of for the team, but he isnt the type of player that will turn a game for you.
If he is a winger he should be providing ammo or turning games, if he is a striker he should be scoring goals.
He doesnt seem to be doing either of these

Not a player who can exert his influence on a game IMHO

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: corn02 on August 06, 2008, 10:23:14 PM

Maybe Liverpool should try sign him!  :-\

corn02

Totally disagree. He certainly needs to chip in with a few more goals this year  fros ure, but he is very underrated.

The role he play ios not just about attacking and also defending and whoever plays rb for the pool will always want Kuyt in the team as he covers them constantly. He, of course, had a very hard year and while not really a valid excuse, I expect him to have a big impact this year.

As for not turning games, we have forgotten his exploits in the CL this year.

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 06, 2008, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 06, 2008, 10:23:14 PM

Maybe Liverpool should try sign him!  :-\

Brilliant. spelling his name wrong has totally undermined the argument. ::)

Carmen Stateside

Whats the argument? I also think he is a decent player, but by no means world class.  Last nights team i would think will be the team starting next weeks game in Liege.  Kuyt seems to be going to be playing wide right, imo we need a more creative player in this position. Surely with two defensive mid fielders we should have enough cover for our full backs.

corn02

Yeah good point but it depends what sytem he plays.

The team I would like to see:

Reina

Carragher Skertl Agger Dossena

Kuyt Mascherano Gerrard Barry

Keane
      Torres

Carmen Stateside

Next weeks team should go something like this:

Reina

Arbeloa  Carra  Agger Dossena

Alonso     Gerrard (if fit ,Plessis if not)

Kuyt                 Keane                 Benny

Torres

Again it lacks width for me.  Babels return should help. Havent seen much of Barry so cant really comment on him. would he supply much width on the left or is he more a central mid field man?

Carmen Stateside

My strongest line up with what we have would be:

Reina

Carra        Skertl         Agger     Dossena

Masch               Alonso

Gerrard                     Keane                    Babel

Torres

corn02

Skertl is going to have a powerful year me thinks.

AZOffaly

Kuyt, to me is a good hard worker who is a decent squad player. However his touch is absolutely shocking, and as the lads have said, he is neither a goal scoring striker, a link man, or a winger. At least he hasn't proven he's any of those 3. I love his honesty and work rate, but I think any team that is relying on Kuyt to unlock the opposiition defence is not going to challenge for the Premiership.

supersarsfields

Really would not like to see Carra at right back unless we are really stuck. To be honest I'd have him and Agger in the centre and Skertl on the bench. I know it's tough on Skertl but I think we need Carra on the pitch and for me the only place he can be played is in the middle. For me he doesn't offer enough going forward as a right back.