The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 11, 2008, 04:50:05 PM
Quote from: Will Hunting on July 11, 2008, 04:41:18 PM
Look lads, Liverpool need two decent full-backs, and wingers who can make some sort of an effect on the game. I will reserve judgement on the two new full-backs (Dossena and Degen) until i see them play, but unless they can get up and down the pitch, are comfortable on the ball, capable of overlapping the midfield, and not intent in passing the ball to Gerrard every time they get it, then they are not what we need. Look at what Evra, Cole, Sagna, Clichy etc. offer to their sides.

As for Gareth Barry, as many posters have said, I don't think he will transform Liverpool into a premiership-challenging team (and this is what we want, a team that shows they can at least challenge for the title, before we can think about winning it). Will he be able to offer anything that Xabi Alonso can't?

An earlier poster there is talking about Liverpool needing more creativity, and this is spot on. Players like Pennant and Benayoun aren't good enough. End of story. I reckon Babel has potential, but we will see this season. Chelsea got it wrong last season with Malouda imo. They were missing an extra creative edge (that Robben had previosuly provided), that Ronaldo obviously gave Man utd, and that made the difference. It's a problem Arsenal have also, in that their players are too keen on holding on to the ball and they get narrow. They find it difficult to stretch teams. At the minute, Liverpool don't have the quality required in these positions, and this is evident when you see Dirk Kuyt on the right wing. The absence of such players is particularly noticeable against the other "big 4" teams - the specific games Liverpool need to start winning.

Agree 100%. Chelsea lost it last year with their lack of creativity. Malouda was a waste of space, and hopefully has taken a season to settle, while SWP and Cole are good on their day but not often enough. Robben was too injury prone, and selling him was the right thing to do but we need to fill this position this summer I think.

The only thing is that Cole (Joe) has a lot more in him I think, perhaps Scolari is the man to get it out of him.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

bingobus

Quote from: Mentalman on July 11, 2008, 04:53:34 PM

Spot on.

I will be very interested to see how Degen and Dossena get on, or are Insua and Arbeloa going to step up.

Also I'm wondering are they going to get to move Carson on? Otherwise today's arrival from Brazil puzzles me, at a time when money seems to be at a premium.

The areas Liverpool need to improve in are more than obvious - fullbacks and good wide/creative players, another quality striker - pretty much in that order of priority.

If Intandje is off to Gala and two offers on table for Carson (apparently) then it really is a straight forward purchase of a back up keeper at 3m with the sale of the two others prob taking in 8m. What is puzzling is buying a Brazilian goalkeeper, never had a good keeper that i can recall. Aren't Brazilian keepers fustrated outfield players who were no good in their youth  :D

Mentalman

Quote from: bingobus on July 11, 2008, 04:57:58 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on July 11, 2008, 04:53:34 PM

Spot on.

I will be very interested to see how Degen and Dossena get on, or are Insua and Arbeloa going to step up.

Also I'm wondering are they going to get to move Carson on? Otherwise today's arrival from Brazil puzzles me, at a time when money seems to be at a premium.

The areas Liverpool need to improve in are more than obvious - fullbacks and good wide/creative players, another quality striker - pretty much in that order of priority.

If Intandje is off to Gala and two offers on table for Carson (apparently) then it really is a straight forward purchase of a back up keeper at 3m with the sale of the two others prob taking in 8m. What is puzzling is buying a Brazilian goalkeeper, never had a good keeper that i can recall. Aren't Brazilian keepers fustrated outfield players who were no good in their youth  :D

Ah fair enough...in Rafa we trust, eh? :)

Indeed, I see Taffarel is one of the new boys heros...not known for their keepers alright. :)

The Real Laoislad

Sorry to see Crouchinho go,But he deserves to be playing all the time,He didn't get a fair chance at Liverpool imho..

Might be debated but i think this was his best goal for us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY_0iEl5NTE
You'll Never Walk Alone.

fred the red

That top doesnt look big enough to fit him!  :D

Mentalman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Arsenal have made an 11th-hour bid to hijack Liverpool's protracted move for Aston Villa captain Gareth Barry. (Various)

Newly-promoted West Brom and Hull are locked in a battle to sign Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool will use funds from the sale of Peter Crouch, Danny Guthrie and the imminent departure of Scott Carson to try and raise funds to buy Spurs striker Robbie Keane. (The Times)

Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is in talks with Blackburn about a move to Ewood Park. (Daily Mail)

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mentalman

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on July 12, 2008, 03:18:52 PM
have a butchers here

http://www.justin.tv/mstv_2

only good up to 5 today

All i can see is some game involving some team called Man U ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mentalman

http://www.justin.tv/mwb67 for the Pool now, getting redirected from Mysports 2 to 1 on the other link, I think they have capacity issues.

The Real Laoislad

The latest WAG on Merseyside...Meet our new Brazillian goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri's girlfriend aka Miss Daniele Muzzi Grecco   :o :o

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mentalman

Yes I Would