The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Crouch will got for 11 or so.

Valued at 15 - first bid 9, next prob 10.5, then finnally agree on 11.5

stevo-08

hope yiz are right. personaly i think pompey are mad to offer that money when they could hold out until january, when crouch would be entitled to talk to clubs about a free transfer in the summer. did a similar situation not arise when we sold owen? I think he went for about 8m in the end, and he was one of the top strikers around at that time.

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool have agreed a deal with Herfolge to sign Nikola Saric on a three-year contract despite reported rival interest from Tottenham and Barcelona.

The 17-year-old starlet is heading to Anfield after Rafa Benitez tied up the deal personally, which surprised the Danish club.

All that remains is for Saric to put pen-to-paper on his contract at Anfield but he has already expressed his delight at clinching the move.

"'This is Rafa' he said," recalled sports director Per Rud to the club's official website when asked about how the transfer came about. "I almost thought it was a lie!

"We are pleased and proud that Nikola has gone to one of the world's best football clubs. We would have liked to have earned more money from Nikola but his injury and the fact that his contract expired in the New Year made it difficult.

"Liverpool acted extremely well in all cases and knew all the details. They have been fair in the process and could've waited until the New Year but they will have him over now."

Saric, a technically gifted left-footed number 10, is enthusiastic about linking up with the superstars of the first team on Merseyside.

"It is a unique opportunity for me," the Denmark Under-18 international informed Dagbladet Koge.

"I will train with the big names over there and there is time for me to develop at reserve level.

"I am very pleased with the development as it has been a very tough season for me."

Herfolge claimed on their official website that Spurs, Barca and Charlton wanted the talented striker, who is reckoned to be one of their best-ever players, after offering him trials.

GalwayBayBoy

REDS CLOSING ON DOSSENA DEAL
Jimmy Rice 26 June 2008

Liverpool Football Club expect to complete the signing of left-back Andrea Dossena next week, chief executive Rick Parry has confirmed.

A deal to bring the 26-year-old Udinese defender to Anfield is almost complete and is likely to be confirmed on the club's official website shortly.

Parry said: "We are now ready to confirm the signing of Dossena. The deal should go through next week after finalising the paperwork."

The full-back, who has one international cap to his name, will become the second new addition to Rafa Benitez's squad following the free transfer of Swiss defender Philipp Degen.

Dossena is seen as an ideal replacement for John Arne Riise, who departed for Serie A side Roma last week.

Parry continued: "John was an incredibly enthusiastic defender who was always a great pro.

"He worked hard and never gave us a minute's trouble. The fans will remember that powerful shot of his that brought them to their feet on many occasions.

"We had a good chat about his time here and he wants to thank the fans for the support he was given down the years. He secured Champions League and FA Cup success at Anfield and also helped us win the Worthington Cup and two European Super Cups."

Chrisowc

It looks like we are in for Downing now.  Is that the end of the Barry saga?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

bingobus

Downing is a good player, not sure he has the potential to bring his game to another level and be the psark to win a EPL. Potential though. At least he a 100% wide left player. 12m on the high side though.

As you say, couldn't see Barry and Downing been bought.

Still strong links with Silva and Villa on a lot of forums and that Liverpool had been talking to them prior to the Euros. Impressed with Silva last night, used the ball well and was willing to try things at the right time in the right positions. Would need a bedding in period for the pace of the EPL though and would be costly.

Good to see a few clubs been linked with Crouch, should help his price.

Paul Anderson off to Forest for year. Should be interesting to see how he manages at championship level. Thought he would have stayed at Swansea, as they at same level. Adam Hamill may be off as well to a championship team.

Young Danish striker signed as well - 17 year old.

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool's hopes of receiving £12m for Peter Crouch have been encouraged by the growing interest in their England striker.

Portsmouth, Manchester City, Tottenham and Newcastle have registered their interest in the 27-year-old, although only Pompey have made an offer.

Liverpool expect to complete the signing of Andrea Dossena late next week. The left-back has agreed personal terms on a move from Udinese, for a fee that could rise to £8m, and will sign when he returns from honeymoon.

Hound

Jaysus, Galatasaray have paid us £2m for Chuckie Itandje (according to the Daily Mail).

I thought the Dossena lad was already in the bag - hopefully there's no last minute feck up. Don't know a whole lot about him, but it sounds like he'll be first choice.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hound on June 28, 2008, 04:21:14 PM
Jaysus, Galatasaray have paid us £2m for Chuckie Itandje (according to the Daily Mail).

I thought the Dossena lad was already in the bag - hopefully there's no last minute feck up. Don't know a whole lot about him, but it sounds like he'll be first choice.

Think Dossena got married recently and is on honeymoon hence the delay.

2M for Itandje is robbery of the highest order. We done well there. ;D

The Real Laoislad

Latest rumour...Crouch to Spurs in a swap deal for Robbie Keane
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 29, 2008, 10:12:42 PM
Latest rumour...Crouch to Spurs in a swap deal for Robbie Keane
Not just a swap, Liverpool to pay cash as well.

Whatever about Pool needing Keane, Spurs have no need for Crouch unless Berbatov is on his way too.

The soundings come from Villa sounds like they are finally ready to do a deal re Barry. Though I still think he's not as good as Xabi.

Great to see Torres do the business last night.

stevo-08

Keane valued at 20m!!! I dont think this is a good move. why not just sell crouch and use the money to bid for Villa. Glad to see the war of words between O'Neill & Barry. There's no way Barry can play for villa next season now, which might mean O'Neill accepting a lower offer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/30/premierleague.liverpool

Benítez offers Crouch and cash to lure Keane
Andy Hunter The Guardian, Monday June 30, 2008

Rafael Benítez will pursue his interest in Robbie Keane despite Tottenham's insistence that their vice-captain is not for sale. The Liverpool manager has proposed a cash-plus-Peter Crouch deal but the Republic of Ireland international will have to agitate for a move to bring Benítez's pursuit to fruition.

Keane has emerged as a leading target for Liverpool after discussions between Anfield officials and their Spurs counterparts about Crouch, the England international who is valued at between £10m and £12m and is also wanted by Portsmouth, Manchester City, Newcastle and possibly Arsenal.

Benítez, encouraged by Gareth Barry's willingness to make a public request for a move from Aston Villa, now hopes similar tactics will lure the 27-year-old Keane to Liverpool, the club he supported as a boy and who can offer Champions League football. Tottenham instantly dismissed Liverpool's approach last week but Benítez will persist with efforts to induce Keane to move. A £20m-rated deal involving Crouch would suit Liverpool but should the England forward resist a return to White Hart Lane they could put money from his sale towards a straight cash bid.

The Liverpool manager has allocated his existing transfer budget to the purchases of Barry and the left-back Andrea Dossena, who will finalise his £8m transfer from Udinese this week. Further signings will be dependent on player sales.

Benítez's exhaustive attempts to prise away the Villa captain received a significant assist yesterday when Barry criticised his manager, Martin O'Neill, and for the first time publicly declared his desire to leave. "My mind's made up - I want to join Liverpool," he said. "There's no going back; it's time for me to move on. I'm desperate to play Champions League football and that's why I have to leave Villa.

"Villa kept saying they wanted me to stay but I have not heard from the manager for weeks. It's seven weeks now since the season finished but while the gaffer's found time to be a pundit for the BBC at Euro 2008 he hasn't found the time to speak to me. Have Villa offered me anything to try to persuade me my future is at Villa Park, not Anfield? Not a thing."

The decision on whether Everton's proposed stadium in Kirkby should be called in by the government has been delayed. Everton were due to learn this week whether their move would be subject to government scrutiny, entailing a delay which would be likely to scupper the proposal because of rising costs, but the Government Office for the North West has requested an extra fortnight to consider the plan.

corn02

Keane could be a very good foil for Torres, I would welcome this move. Houllier of course approached Keane and he was all for it until it fell through.

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on June 30, 2008, 12:50:45 PM
Keane could be a very good foil for Torres, I would welcome this move. Houllier of course approached Keane and he was all for it until it fell through.
Not entirely true.

Both Liverpool and Spurs agreed transfer fees for Keane. Robbie then chose Spurs. He said it was because he was guaranteed first team action.

corn02

Apologies, I thought he was all for it, the fact that Fowler would nopt be driven out stopped it.