The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

I like the look of Insua too.  He would be well worth a blast at the first etam as I think he could save shd loads of money which could be used more productiveky elsewhere.  If Rafa gets the chop what about Alan Hansen Mark II Ablett for manager? :P

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 26, 2008, 10:05:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 09:57:39 PM
I didn't see him at the end, so I would think he got taken off. Probably just given a run out.

I often take our old and half blind sheepdog out for a walk and then let him run out about the fields at home...
More or less the same thing with Neville i would imagine  ;)

How many league medals does your dog have?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: new devil on February 27, 2008, 07:57:32 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 26, 2008, 10:05:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 09:57:39 PM
I didn't see him at the end, so I would think he got taken off. Probably just given a run out.

I often take our old and half blind sheepdog out for a walk and then let him run out about the fields at home...
More or less the same thing with Neville i would imagine  ;)

How many league medals does your dog have?

He has won a dozen or more sheepdog trials in his time.How many dog trials has Neville won  :D
Molby (named after the legend Jan ;D) is retired now though and is just a family pet
Here he is in his prime..
Im sure you'll agree he looks slicker than Neville ever did  :D

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on February 27, 2008, 08:23:44 PM
Hes a bit taller, thats for sure.
:D
But they do have that little hairy chin and upper lip in common though  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

magpie seanie

Does he hate scousers?

Whoops - beaten to the punch!

EC Unique

Do scousers hate him because of the pain he has inflected on them? :D :D

EC Unique

From BBC Website:

Gerrard reveals title frustration 

We can't keep talking about next season all the time

Steven Gerrard
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has aired his frustration over the side's continued failure to challenge for the Premier League title.
The Reds are 17 points behind leaders Arsenal and have a fight to take fourth place for a Champions League spot.

"I'm pretty gutted every time I look at the table and see the gap between us and Arsenal at the top," the 27-year-old told LFC magazine.

"I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again."

Liverpool are still in the Champions League and hold a 2-0 lead over Inter Milan after the first leg of their last 16 tie.

But they have again flattered to deceive in their quest to land the title for the first time since 1990 and are currently fifth in the top flight.

"We believed we had the players to challenge for the title, and we wanted that one more than any other trophy available to us," said Gerrard.

"I still believe we have the squad to be a hell of a lot more competitive than we are right now."

Gerrard believes the side has progressed with the signings of Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel and has drawn hope from the example of Arsenal.

The Gunners finished fourth last season but have launched a strong title assault in the present campaign.

Liverpool have a difficult task on their hands to land the prized fourth spot with Everton, Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Manchester City all mounting serious challenges.

"In the position we find ourselves now, fourth is the least that is acceptable," said midfielder Gerrard. "But we have bigger ambitions than that.

"The only way we can fulfil those ambitions is in the Champions League.

I'm 27 now, I don't want to be talking about 'next season' for Liverpool when I'm 32

Steven Gerrard

"And I am not going to pretend that even winning that trophy - and we are a long way away from it at the moment - will make up for the disappointment of the league campaign."

He added: "We can't keep talking about next season all the time. There are only so many times you can say it and believe it.

"Sooner or later we have to make one season the season we make it happen and do the talking on the pitch.

"We need to make people believe it. I'm 27 now, I don't want to be talking about 'next season' for Liverpool when I'm 32.

"We've got the stadium, the fans, the manager and the players to compete for the Premier League.

"But we have no chance of doing that if we are always well out of it by the first week in January."

AZOffaly

Chrisowc

I saw on Sky Sports News this morning, where they do the paper review, that one of Her Majesty's hacks tried to spin it that he was having a go at Rafa.  Funny that he ommitted this part of the quote to keep the wheel turning....

"We've got the stadium, the fans, the manager and the players to compete for the Premier League.

Still, he writes for the same rag as Joe Lovejoy (The Express), who on sunday said that Liverpool's result on saturday wasn't very good for a team with their aspirations :-\

Yes that's right.  A 3-2 home win in the league is now considered a 'not very good' result.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

EC Unique

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 28, 2008, 10:12:39 AM
I saw on Sky Sports News this morning, where they do the paper review, that one of Her Majesty's hacks tried to spin it that he was having a go at Rafa.  Funny that he ommitted this part of the quote to keep the wheel turning....

Still, he writes for the same rag as Joe Lovejoy (The Express), who on sunday said that Liverpool's result on saturday wasn't very good for a team with their aspirations :-\

Yes that's right.  A 3-2 home win in the league is now considered a 'not very good' result.

Maybe he ment the performance more than the result. Liverpool were extremely lucky to get 3 points on Saturday. 2 goals were a gift, very easily could have been a defeat :-\.

Billys Boots

QuoteStill, he writes for the same rag as Joe Lovejoy (The Express), who on sunday said that Liverpool's result on saturday wasn't very good for a team with their aspirations

In The Independent, on Sunday, the columnist postulated that no matter what Benitez won (as a manager) in Europe, he should still go if he couldn't win the Premiership.  Little Englanders - how do they get to that frame of mind?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

To be honest Billy, as a Liverpool fan, I think if Benitez doesn't win the league next year, and wins the CL this year and next, I think he should go as well.

Billys Boots

So you're really saying that the CL is not the ultimate prize for any European soccer club, long-term or short-term?  For me, there's no issue - the CL is far and away more important (in terms of growing revenue, building the club, attracting talent, 'branding' etc.) than the 'national' leagues.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...