The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

AZ,
do you honestly believe that the liverpools fans groups were not capable of getting the information up front on how the deal was to be financed?
The glazer model was well know even before the Magnier et al pulled out, and it was a well wore path for US Franchise investors/owners. Surely the gimps package at OT would have raised the slightest bit of curiosity or concern when Hicks and Gillette came in?
Either they didnt have the nous to look into or they didnt care......
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 26, 2008, 03:13:30 PM
AZ,
do you honestly believe that the liverpools fans groups were not capable of getting the information up front on how the deal was to be financed?
The glazer model was well know even before the Magnier et al pulled out, and it was a well wore path for US Franchise investors/owners. Surely the gimps package at OT would have raised the slightest bit of curiosity or concern when Hicks and Gillette came in?
Either they didnt have the nous to look into or they didnt care......

I'd say the latter. We believed them, hook line and sinker. Incredible naivete in hindsight. But in fanzines there has always been a bit of this 'yeah but where is the money coming from?'. The rest of us said, 'Ssshhhhh, they are going to spend millions on players and a new stadium, and make us Champions again'. They made all the right noises publicly, and we bought it like a bunch of children. Mind you, it didn't take long for the major doubts to start setting in, for most of us anyway.

It's like looking back on when you believed in santy.  :'(

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Well at least the reserves can beat United. Just caught some of it on Liverpool TV there, 2-0 to Liverpool with goals from Alonso (pen) and Kewell.

Kewell's goal came straight from a shocking decision to disallow a United equaliser in the last few minutes. A header from Simpson seemed to be well over the line, but the keeper kept his body between the linesman and the ball, and kept it in play.

Alonso, Skrtel, Agger and Kewell player for Liverpool, with Alonso and Kewell playing 90 minutes. Agger played the first half and Skrtel the second.

Nemeth was very good up front again for Liverpool , looks a bit like Torres in his appearance.

United had a very young team out, although Gary Neville did a bit at right back.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 09:26:58 PM
Well at least the reserves can beat United. Just caught some of it on Liverpool TV there, 2-0 to Liverpool with goals from Alonso (pen) and Kewell.

Kewell's goal came straight from a shocking decision to disallow a United equaliser in the last few minutes. A header from Simpson seemed to be well over the line, but the keeper kept his body between the linesman and the ball, and kept it in play.

Alonso, Skrtel, Agger and Kewell player for Liverpool, with Alonso and Kewell playing 90 minutes. Agger played the first half and Skrtel the second.

Nemeth was very good up front again for Liverpool , looks a bit like Torres in his appearance.

United had a very young team out, although Gary Neville did a bit at right back.

Did Neville play the whole match?

AZOffaly

I didn't see him at the end, so I would think he got taken off. Probably just given a run out.

new devil

Hopefully hes not far off first team football!

AZOffaly

He seemed to get a bit of a chasing from Harry Kewell, so I'd say he's a long way off being ready for the first team :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 09:57:39 PM
I didn't see him at the end, so I would think he got taken off. Probably just given a run out.

I often take our old and half blind sheepdog out for a walk and then let him run out about the fields at home...
More or less the same thing with Neville i would imagine  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Maybe someone done a Neil Ruddock on him.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

Quote from: stiffler on February 26, 2008, 10:09:43 PM

Maybe someone done a Neil Ruddock on him.

I thought of that alright, but there was no mention in the commentary.

stiffler

Nemeth seems to be a prospect, I wouldnt mind seeing him given a run out alongside torres later in the season.

What do yous think of Insua? is he the answer to the left back problems?

Good to see Agger back playing. Without Carragher playing at the weekend, the defence looked dodgy.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: stiffler on February 26, 2008, 10:18:21 PM
Nemeth seems to be a prospect, I wouldnt mind seeing him given a run out alongside torres later in the season.

What do yous think of Insua? is he the answer to the left back problems?

Good to see Agger back playing. Without Carragher playing at the weekend, the defence looked dodgy.

Saw plenty of him for the Argies U-20's last summer live in person - he was excellent. Should be given a run out