The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

He's scored more than the whole Man United midfield platoon combined (excluding Ronaldo)

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2008, 06:12:21 PM
He's scored more than the whole Man United midfield platoon combined (excluding Ronaldo)

FFS Gab, catch a grip & take off the red tinted glasses

supersarsfields

He's got a point Fullback. From what I make he's scored more than Nani and Anderson together. And at a snip of the cost. Good business I'd say. If Liverpool were to ship him on now he'd make them money.

Gabriel_Hurl

He's scored more goals than

Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Scholes and Giggs combined - they've got 6 goals all season - and Giggs has 3 of them

the stats are there

not bad for spending 40-odd million

full back

Tell me this lads - are Utd depending on any of the above players for goals?
We have enough goals coming from other players ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

tell me this - has he scored more goals this season than those 7 players combined or what?

supersarsfields

Scoring goals hasn't been our biggest problem. Conceding them is. And I'd blame a huge part of this on Agger being out.

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2008, 06:59:20 PM
tell me this - has he scored more goals this season than those 7 players combined or what?

Has your calculator broke?

In the Premiership - no
In all competitions - yes

What point are you trying to make?

Gabriel_Hurl

It hasn't broke no.

Oh, were you just talking about the Premiership with regards to all your posts?

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2008, 07:11:19 PM
It hasn't broke no.

Oh, were you just talking about the Premiership with regards to all your posts?

No I wasnt

Again whats your point?

supersarsfields

I think the point he's making is that for a Sh*te player he's not doing to bad compared to others ( In this case the others being Nani, Anderson etc).

The Real Laoislad

I think Benayoun is having a good first season with Liverpool..
Admittedly he can drift in and out of a game but when he does play he can be very good
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Full back regarding my European Cup post, it can not be denied that we have the pedigree in the Champions League. Liverpool prosper in cup situations and hectic atmospheres, which is good and bad. Good because we can knock out teams with arguably much stronger squads and bad because it means when we come up against Mid tabled teams and a quiet Kop we can not raise our game.

For your list of players I think Yossi is a bit harsh but he is defintely not good enough to START in a premiership winning team. I can not believe how you have put Hyypia on the list, the man has been immesnse ever since the derby. I had massive doubts but fair dues he has done very well.

pedro

Would agree largely with you there Corn. Sami has got a bit of abuse in the media about losing his pace but bar a few dodgy games he has been pretty solid. But therein, lies the problem for Liverpool, we have players who you could describe as 'solid' (Finnan, Sami, Pennant), 'workmanlike' (Kuyt), overrated (Gerrard) or just plain useless (Sissoko, Kuyt, Kewell). Like full back said, for a club like Liverpool who have tradition, has had success in recent times etc., we are not signing players who are in keeping with the names of the past (Dalglish, Keegan, Owen, Fowler, Barnes to name a few).

As much as i hate to say it but look at United. They've a superb back four, a relatively ok midfield but when you come to their attackers you really get the feeling they can produce a bit of magic. I mean liverpool simply do not have the combined class of Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Tevez etc. Even Saha would be a better option than Kuyt. FFS I would be a better option than Kuyt.

Obviously a lot of this has come down to the financial instability of the club but for one I am really starting to get frustrated with the way things are goin on, not so much the board stuff but the fact that the players there are simply not good enough. I'm also losing faith in Rafa, while he has brought us to some magical nights in Europe some of his signings have been disastrous, he hasn't bought one big player for Liverpool (bar Torres), instead it's all these young fella's, lads plucked from obscurity, lads with no major pedigree. And how in the name of sweet jaysus he can keep playing Dirk f**king Kuyt ahead of Crouch is beyond me  >:(

Sorry, rant over...
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

full back

If the scouse supporters are happy with your lot then fair enough. I'm just saying for a club hoping to win a Premiership or CL IMHO I just dont think liverpool are good enough & the players mentioned wouldnt make it into any of the other top 3 teams (probably wouldnt even make the bench if truth be told).

As regards Hyypia, he was a very good player but I think time has caught up with him although corn might not admit to this.
As sarsfields says

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 23, 2008, 07:00:42 PM
Scoring goals hasn't been our biggest problem. Conceding them is. And I'd blame a huge part of this on Agger being out.

and who replaced Agger?