The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Have to say I agree. Masch has been out standing. Very strong in the tackle yet can actually pass a ball.
If he did come up for sale due to the americans I'm sure Alex Ferguson would be keeping a close eye on it as he's much better that Hargreaves. And the cost looks about the same.
Last night was weird. Liverpool win 4-1 yet you don't get the feeling they played well. Torres definitely looks the real deal and could hopefully be the difference in us making a decent challenge for the league. His turn of speed when he drops the shoulder is great.

gawa316

Quote from: Stalin on November 29, 2007, 09:17:48 AM
Jesus what an awful load of gash has been written on these past two pages. Get rid of Mascherano, are you wise? The amount of attacks he breaks up is unreal, he is also comfortable on the ball and very rarely gives it away. Last night for example saw Masch run down the wing and cross the ball in, when have you ever seen Alonso or Sissoko do that? In my opinion Mascherano has been our top performer this season, apart from El Nino.

Also, for those of you suggesting to get rid of Kewell, I was a massive critic of him as well after the Istanbul fiasco, something just told me that he didn't have the heart for it that night. But no-one can deny that since his latest return from injury he is looking sharper and leaner than ever. Kewell created the second goal last night, and his arrival on the pitch along with Crouch is a large part of the reason why we triumphed last night. Kewell simply must be given another chance, he has looked immensely threatening since his return, and hopefully will continue in this vein.

The signing of Arbeloa has proved to be a particularly astute one, and it would also be folly to get rid of him. He adds so much more to our side as an attacking force when he is in the team. He very rarely gets caught out defensively, as he is an extremely difficult obstacle for wingers to negotiate wih his fleet-footedness.

Well said mate. I think Arbeloa has been one of our best players this season. Masch is immense, anynody who can't see what he brings to the game needs to give up

Stalin

Ive just had a look through Goats Do Shaves post history, appears he is a Manc on the windup
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

gawa316

AZOffaly

Lads, of course Goats Do Shave is a Man U supporter. He's not secretive about that. I'm not sure if he's on a windup or not, but I would disagree about Mascherano. I think Masch is the heir apparent to Didi Hamann in the Liverpool midfield, and Didi was the most underrated player in the League for years.

This lark about passing the ball 4 yards being a bad thing, well that's not true. Sometimes you just need to keep possession and keep control of the ball. Passing it 4 yards to a Red shirt when there's nothing else on is better than trying a Stevie G 50 yarder between 4 defenders. If there is something on, then by all means make the more incisive pass. But when you have the ball, the other team can't hurt you, and you can control the tempo of the game.

Patience is a virtue.

SeanSouth

Quote from: Stalin on November 29, 2007, 09:27:12 AM
Ive just had a look through Goats Do Shaves post history, appears he is a Manc on the windup

Correct Stalin, best ignored. I think he realises what a pair of clowns they have in Hargreaves and Carrick.

girt_giggler

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 29, 2007, 09:34:02 AM
Lads, of course Goats Do Shave is a Man U supporter. He's not secretive about that. I'm not sure if he's on a windup or not, but I would disagree about Mascherano. I think Masch is the heir apparent to Didi Hamann in the Liverpool midfield, and Didi was the most underrated player in the League for years.

This lark about passing the ball 4 yards being a bad thing, well that's not true. Sometimes you just need to keep possession and keep control of the ball. Passing it 4 yards to a Red shirt when there's nothing else on is better than trying a Stevie G 50 yarder between 4 defenders. If there is something on, then by all means make the more incisive pass. But when you have the ball, the other team can't hurt you, and you can control the tempo of the game.

Patience is a virtue.

All this 4 yard talk - Bill Shankly (R.I.P), his simple instructions to the players was - just pass to the nearest red shirt!

Dinny Breen

Ok, normally I avoid this and the Man U thread but I can't ignore the praise Mascherano is getting. Anytime I have see this player play he has been pants, he is dreadful. He is to passing what Paul Scholes is to tackling.
#newbridgeornowhere

corn02

Macherano is indeed fantastic but to suggest he is a good passer is just crazy. He breaks attacks up and should pass to the nearest man. He is a bad a passeer as Sissoko but fortunately  his breaking up of attacks is the best I have seen for Liverpool in years.

Riise should be sold when we can still get 3 or 4 million for him. He is a player who is over rated due to a few screamers.
Regarding Kewekk and the Champions League final, the club made the mistake of suggesting he did not need surgery. The club blackened his name and must of felt bad when they relaised it was serious enough for surgery. His introductions against Blackburn and Porto are enough for him to get a chance. Unlike Babbel or Yossi he is a player who 'gets chalk on his boots'. With Crouch in the box that is what you need. Crouch is an impact player, maybe one of the best impact players but not a starter.

One final note how come on BBC ratings the fans give Gerrard the second highest out of the 11 starters. He was terrible last night? Sometimes people just see it is Gerrard and will notsay he had a bad game.

full back

Quote from: girt_giggler on November 29, 2007, 08:45:30 AM
Masch is a quality player. does alot of the donkey work that goes unnoticed, bit like makalele with real madrid a few years ago

Holy fcuk - have you been sniffing glue again
Masch wouldnt lace Makalele's boots

under the bar

The best thing about Mascherano was his association with Tevez.   He looks like he can't be bothered at Liverpool.

gawa316

I missed the analysis after the game by dumb, dumber and ballbeg face. Anyone enlighten me to what they said?

I'm sure it was along the lines of. 'Although under immense pressure to perform, Liverpool (who didn't play particularly well) still managed to put 4 past the unbeaten portugese league leaders. Surely a sign of a good team, who can convincely win when not at their best!!'

Stalin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 29, 2007, 11:48:42 AM
Ok, normally I avoid this and the Man U thread but I can't ignore the praise Mascherano is getting. Anytime I have see this player play he has been pants, he is dreadful. He is to passing what Paul Scholes is to tackling.

With comments like that Dinny you're better off away from these threads. It's laughable for you to suggest Mascherano is 'pants', he has been a revelation since coming to Liverpool. Like I said above, go and and watch the CL Final, or his performance against Chelski in last year's CL.

He is a great ball winner and rarely gives away possession, and has a wide variety of passes in his repertoire. For those of you contending that he is not a good passer, I challenge you to define what is a good passer and then point out specific reasons why Mascherano isn't one.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corn02

Stalin I challenge that belief. A superb player yes but an average passer at best. You point out about the CL semi e.t.c but I have watched pretty much all his matches this season and he has a tendancy to give the ball away when passing more than ten yards. The reason for this is that he seems to have an inability to pass a ball into a players run i.e the player makes a run and instead of playing it a few yards in front he passes it too him resulting the ball being behind the recieving player when it reaches him. Last night his passing was surprisingly good and I hope it continues but passing is obviously the weak point of his game and this is coming from one of his biggest fans.

Goats Do Shave