The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Could have been a lot more in the end.

Still, shite start to the season and all, we are now level with United, a point behind Chelsea (with a game in hand) and haven't let Arsenal disappear into the distance. Also still in with a good shout of progressing in the champions league. The quality of the football isn't too bad at all.

That could all change over the next few weeks of course with some tough fixtures coming up, but all in all, its not looking too bad.

Torres is looking nigh unmarkable. Babel is doing well when he comes on late in games. Agger and Alonso still to come back, Mascherano not needed today.

ONeill

I still believe Liverpool will be Arsenal's nearest challengers for the title. Still unbeaten in the league despite playing fairly average for the most part.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Chrisowc

Quote from: Stalin on December 02, 2007, 02:17:02 PM

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Gerrard, Lucas, Kewell, Torres, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Mascherano, Babel, Kuyt, Hobbs.

Take it Finnan has a knock? Good to see Hobbs on the bench all the same. Would be good in a weird kind of way for Sami to have to come off, Hobbs come on and have a blinder, prove he can make the step up.

Good to see Lucas in as well, another cracking prospect.

Careful what you wish!  Carra had to come off.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SeanSouth

The one thing that springs to mind when watching Torres (name me a striker you would swap him with anywhere in the world) is the talk when he came to Liverpool that he was not prolific enough, indeed i remember some of the "experts" on the Man United thread saying he was pish........Experts indeed. He is on his way to being the best striker at Liverpool since Ian Rush.

Norf Tyrone

I thought he wasn't prolific enough. I thought wrong. He's definately firing more than I anticapated...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Got to my first match of the seaon yesterday and was very impressed. From the viewpoint of the stands we dominated completely. Anelkas miss was criminal and got some cheer. I thought Diouf was one of their better players but should of walked for that tackle. Lucas was my man of the match, calm as you like his tackling and passing was spot on. At least we know if the Masch deal messes up we should have someone who can fill the void even if he is a bit more attacking.

Everyone played well best were Arbelo, Gerrard, Lucas and Torres.

Tough game on Saturday with 3 points essential.

new devil

Quote from: new devil on July 28, 2007, 05:42:40 AM
Quote from: Gold on July 28, 2007, 01:33:30 AM
when torres stepped up i said to my mate "it will be terrible bad 4 his confidence if he misses, hes defo not gona score" and he didnt--he looks uptight and nervous--hes gonna b a flop-shevchenko style

You cannot be serious! missing a peno in a micky mouse game goina make him a flop....the mans quality, wont be far away from topscorer in premiership.....hope iam wrong  ;)

Well i wasnt one of them  ;)

supersarsfields

I know were some people might have been coming from regarding Torres. In Spain he was making loads of chances for himself yet wasn't always taking them. And to be fair he doesn't always make the best of the chances he creates. I'm thinking of the Porto game were he could have had a hat trick. But from what I've seen so far he looks to be the best striker at Liverpool for a long time. His turn of speed when he drops the shoulder is amazing.
That said I would have to agree with what some one else said earlier. I'd keep Crouch over Kuyt anyday of the week. To be fair I think our striking line-up is strong. Vorinin started well but seems to have dies a bit but at least he'll provide a decent cover is any of the three main strikers get injured. Then with Kewell and Pennant coming back into contension there's plenty of cover.
I'd still have a worry over the CB's. I don't think Hobbs could be expected to take the big step up yet if there were any other injures back there, The sooner Agger gets back the better.

nifan

Agree 100% sarsfields.

Torres hasnt taken a few he should have, when he gets his shooting boots on hell be unstoppable!

Chrisowc

Quote from: Chrisowc on November 28, 2007, 10:38:39 PM
quote]
His biggest criticism in Spain was his finishing.  He makes himself a chance out of nowhere then blazes over.  Once he gets that sorted who knows what he can achieve?

Try and keep up lads  ;D ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

corn02

Always dukes onto his right foot which defenders can combat. Regarding his finishing, bar Newcastle it has been pretty classythus far.

SeanSouth

Hopefully he lifts the net against the team from outside Manchester in two weeks.