The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

From the Bunker

Looks like Spurs are going to be the team involved in classic draws this season....... ;D

deiseach

What a relief. What with losing in midweek, an unwanted guest who can't get my name right and the best pet in the world going missing, I thought things couldn't get any worse. Thankfully they didn't, but it was close

Balboa

If i was a bookie i would start paying out on United winning the league now......

brokencrossbar1

I am hugely disappointed about recent results and this has been symtomatic of Liverpool of recent seasons, October/November has been where they have gone out of the running for the league.

However, while Rafa blamed the last international games for a poor turn in form, I actually think the break could not have come at a better time.  The next two games will either make or break the season in regards to the league, the derby and the gunners at home.  If Liverpool can get 6 points from these two games, then they are right back in it with the Gunners only 3 points maximum in front of them and Liverpool level on points with Manure with a similar goal difference.

It is not great but it is hardly all doom and gloom.  Lets face it Torres has scored 7 goals so far, the defence has been reasonably solid, even though Agger is desperately needed, Gerrard can only get better and Alonso has to come back.

Be optimistic lads!

brokencrossbar1

5Times

I agree that teh defence has not been playing well but they have conceded only 4 goals in 8 premiership games and 4 more in the rest of the games, including 2 in the Carling cup, so for all their poor play they still are not conceding much.  It may be luck, but it is still pretty mean.

I think they will ride the current bad run and come out of it on the up.

corn02

Indeed this season this defences performance has set alot more uneasy with me. However, the facts do not back up this feeling. Maybe because the defence has always been head and shoulders above the forwards and midfield they have looked unreal but with the attack somewhat performing the defence may not look as mighty. The stats support the fact that the defence is doing well. Forget the carling cup, 2 goals from open play so far in the premiership is excellent.

The Real Laoislad

If anything i think its up front our problems are

v - Sunderland  2-0
Had numerous chances and only sealed it with a few mins left

v- Chelsea        1-1
Should have won match comfortably

v - Birmingham  0-0
Wouldn't have scored if we were still playing them now

v - Portsmouth 0-0
same as Birmingham match

v - Wigan  0-1
Left it until the 75min before midfielder Benayoun scores

v - Spurs   2-2
Should have been 2 or 3 up by half time left it very very late to equalise

Only expection was Derby match
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nifan

We miss agger at the back - a much more mobile option than whats there, and hes prepared to bring it out as well, rather than hit and hope

AZOffaly

I think Agger and Alonso are both big losses. That said, if we can get to the end of November within 6 or 7 points, there's still a decent chance for LFC. It just seems to be deja vu again.

Declan

The Real Laoislad

Any word on Torres and how his injury is? We are gonna need him for Everton on saturday
You'll Never Walk Alone.

supersarsfields

Don't think he's going to be avaliable.

Also see that rumours of Riise heading to Aston Villa in Jan. 6 Mill being quoted for him.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 15, 2007, 07:11:34 PM
Any word on Torres and how his injury is? We are gonna need him for Everton on saturday

Injured Torres eyes derby return 

Torres has been in impressive form in his debut season in England
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he is desperate to return to fitness in time to play in Saturday's Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park.
Torres, 23, pulled up while training with Spain and a scan on Monday "confirmed an adductor injury", said a statement on Liverpool's website.

But Torres, who has scored seven goals for the Reds, said: "I intend to be fit for Saturday. I don't want to miss out.

"I've been told how special the game is and I need to be ready in time."

Torres has been in fine form for Liverpool since moving from Spanish side Atletico Madrid in a £26.5m deal in the summer.

He added: "I am very happy at Liverpool and I've learnt a lot - I love being at a big club like this.

"I have played in big derby matches before. I played for Atletico against Real Madrid and I'm looking forward to enjoying something similar in the Premier League."

Torres missed Spain's 3-1 win away in Denmark on Saturday as his side boosted their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008 from Group F.

GalwayBayBoy

LIVERPOOL have eased fears that Fernando Torres could miss the most crucial week of their season so far.

The Reds striker tore a thigh muscle in training with Spain on Friday, and missed their 3-1 win in Denmark the next day.

Spanish physio Genaro Borras initially cited his recovery period as "eight to 10 days," but Melwood staff are hopeful he will be available for a week which includes a Merseyside derby, a crucial Champions League clash in Istanbul and then the visit of title rivals Arsenal to Anfield.

Torres' injury was analysed this morning and the player will begin a period of intensive treatment.

With fellow striker Dirk Kuyt also receiving treatment for a minor hamstring strain, Torres' injury is a headache Benitez could do without.

Ryan Babel, meanwhile, will be hoping to win over Dutch coach Marco van Basten this week after missing Saturday's defeat by Romania because he overslept.

The Reds winger was left out of the starting line-up as a punishment, after twice missing team meetings.

Van Basten explained: "It was the second time that Babel overslept on a match day. That should never happen.

"That's why I left him out of the team. Robben trained hard and he is fit, so he played instead. It is very well possible that Babel feels disappointed. It is also not my style to handle these kinds of things this way. But we also expect that players obey rules during a match.

"The first time that he arrived too late, he settled the matter with a joke.

"The second time he joined us too late for the meal and that was a bit too much. He has to appear on time, just like all the others."

Babel, 20, came into the match in the 78th minute as substitute for Robben but could not prevent the Dutch from losing 1-0 to Romania in a clash between the two Group G leaders.

The Reds, meanwhile, have confirmed assistant manager Pako Ayesteran's departure from the club, but effectively ensured he cannot work for any of their rivals by keeping him under contract until next June.

A statement issued by chief executive Rick Parry said: "Following discussions between Rafael Benitez and Pako Ayestaran, it has been agreed that it would be in the best interests of all parties if Pako leaves his post as assistant manager. Pako, however, will remain under contract to us until next summer.

"The club thank Pako for his hard work and contribution to our success over the past three years."