NFL DIV3

Started by mattockranger, January 27, 2009, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: western exile on March 16, 2009, 01:45:13 PM
And what is it with Louth and penalties in this Division?  Have they missed (or had saved) a penalty in every game so far?  Had these been scored, Louth would probably have won each of those games and be top of the table now.

If Carlsberg did penalties, ...... ;D

Not a bad side at all, but Ros were full value for their win yesterday. Tipperary are doing well also, big match in the Hyde next weekend, if Ros win they should go up, as I can't see Cavan beating Offaly in Tullamore.

pedro

Very frustrating game although Roscommon were full value for the win. Don't know what it is with us and penalties. If we had scored all three, we would have won three and drew one. In fact, if we had to have scored the peno yesterday (and I automatically thought it was a peno LE) we would have went on to win as we had the momentum with us. However, we missed the penalty ad Roscommon went down the field and got a point.

Fair dues to Roscommon fans, turned out fairly well and got behind their team. The same could be expected of Louth fans to a degree, it was the first time since the Meath game in Croker '06 that the Louth fans got behind their team coming off at half time. However, we still have the same idiots roaring abuse at our own players and shouting at Mac to take them off the minute they make a mistake. I really wish these people would stay at home as they bring absolutely nothing to the cause.  >:(
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Louth Exile

I am going to guess that you were on the hill also Pedro. Plenty of loud mouths near us. They could be heard all the better because the numbers of home support were very poor. Well done to the Rossies for travelling in decent numbers, our own people stayed at home! There was one gobshite in particular roared down at David Reid, loud enough that the chap would have heard him. Reid shouldn't have still been on the field at that stage but what good is some gobshite on the hill roaring at him going to do!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Rossfan

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 16, 2009, 06:07:13 PM
Well done to the Rossies for travelling in decent numbers,

We usually do ...in Kilmallock we outnumbered the homesters. Then again what's the point in having a County team if you dont go to see them play and support the lads.
By the way this time last year we suffered a disgraceful embarassment in Crossmaglen conceding something like 4-20 against 6 or 8 points. What a difference a year makes... :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

amallon

Roscommon still have to play Down and Tipp so there is potential for the top teams to take points off each other in the remaining fixtures giving the chasing pack the opportunity to catch up.  I'm very surprised to see Limerick and esp. Louth at the bottom of the table.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Rossie11

Its good reasoning and tipp would be good value at 5/2.
Add in the fact that Ross will be without the U21s who play the day before
Actually tradition and home advantage are the only positives for Ross in this match up.

Onlooker

Tipperary are also playing a Munster Under 21 Semi Final against Clare on Saturday, so we will have similar selection problems for Sunday as Roscommon have.    Whatever the result of Sunday's game, it is unfair on both counties to be playing 2 such important games in 2 days.  Are the GAA bosses after forgetting about burn out of young players already?.

amallon

This weeks fixtures fo Div 3

Sun 22nd March
Round 5: Offaly V Cavan
venue:Tullamore, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:TBC)

Round 5: Louth V Longford
venue:Drogheda, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:TBC)

Round 5: Roscommon V Tipperary
venue:Dr Hyde Park, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:TBC)

Round 5: Limerick V Down
venue:Gaelic Grounds, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:TBC)

I think Cavan will take Offaly, Louth will beat Longford, Roscommon would be slight favourites against Tipp and Down to beat Limerick.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Rossfan

Roscommon team to play Tipperary on Sunday in NFL Div 3 in Dr Hyde Park

1.          Geoffrey Claffey                                   Caisléan Riabhach

2.          Ronan Brady                                          Ail Finn

3.          John Nolan                                             Gaeil Ros Comáin

4.          Enda Barrett                                           Na Piarsaigh

5.          Paul Kelly                                              Na Piarsaigh

6.          David Casey                                           Mainistir na Buile

7.          Sean McDermott                                   Gaeil an Iarthair

8.          Michael Finneran                                 Naomh Dominic

9.          Brian Higgins                                         Ail Finn

10.     Gary Cox                                                Naomh Faithleach

11.     Karol Mannion                                      Naomh Bríd

12.     Damien Keenehan                                 Mainistir na Buile

13.     Ger Heneghan                                        Caisléan Riabhach

14.     Senan Kilbride                                       Naomh Bríd

15.     John Dunning                                         Clann na nGael 

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossie11

Ross 1-10 Tipp 2-13
This division is some crack.. All bar Tipp can still be relegated!!

Rossie11

Some guy called Grogan I think kicked a shit load of points..
Ross were 6 up at one stage.. disaster

Maguire01

Very impressed by Tipp's results. Would be great to see them pronoted, een though you'd have to think they'd be cannon fodder in Division 2.

Onlooker

Tipperary have been outsiders in every game they have played in this year's NFL.  they have now won their last 4 matches (3 of them away from home) and are the only team that can not be relegated.  That is some achievement for John Evans and his players.  1-16 against Offaly and 2-13 against Roscommon show that the wins against Cavan and Limerick were not the flukes that they were made out to be.  There have been many false dawns for Tipperary football, but maybe this could be the real thing.  As for getting to Div. 2 no one has even thought about that, but we were regarded as "cannon fodder" in Div. 3 this year.  Happy days for the footballers of Tipperary. :) :) :)

Maguire01

Quote from: Onlooker on March 22, 2009, 05:02:30 PM
As for getting to Div. 2 no one has even thought about that, but we were regarded as "cannon fodder" in Div. 3 this year. 
You're right - nobody (including me) gave them a chance. But i think Division 2 would be a step too far. Still, to go from Division 4 to Division 2 over the space of 2 seasons would be an amazing achievement in itself.