NFL DIV3

Started by mattockranger, January 27, 2009, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Double Cross on March 08, 2009, 04:25:43 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 07, 2009, 10:01:36 PM
Super result for Cavan, hopefully Offaly can beat Louth & the Rossies give Longford their bi-annual beating.

I hope you had a few quid on that.

Complete mess, money on 4 way accumulator. Ros, Cavan, Offaly & Limerick. You're a lady me arse! Wide open group, Ros were very poor today and Longford should have beat them out the gate. Any 2 of the 8 teams can still go up. Down should get it hard next time out in Longford, fancy Louth to give Ros a bit of a trimming.

Maguire01

Louth fooked up a small accumulator on me today. It was small money, but along with the other games, it would have been a tidy return.

I'm sure Cavan did the bookies a massive favour last night - Down were probably stuck on just about every accumulator going!

Qwerty28

Dats right.... I can add my name to the list who lost money on them....typical Cavan!!

western exile

After Cavan beat Limerick tonight

Allianz National Football League Division 3
   Team        P    W    D    L    F    A    +/-    Pts
1    Roscommon    3    2    0    1    2-38    0-34    10    4
2    Down       3    2    0    1    1-41    2-33    5    4
3    Cavan       4    2    0    2    0-45    3-38    -2    4
4    Tipperary    3    2    0    1    2-33    1-39    -3    4
5    Longford    3    1    1    1    3-30    1-35    1    3
6    Offaly       3    1    1    1    2-26    1-37    -8    3
7    Louth       3    1    0    2    3-36    3-27    9    2
8    Limerick    4    1    0    3    1-39    3-45    -12    2

imdagaffer

Team                P W D L   F    A  +/-   Pts
1 Roscommon    4 3 0 1 2-51 0-44 13   6
2 Down             4 3 0 1 1-54 2-41 10  6
3 Tipperary        4 3 0 1 3-49 2-47 5    6
4 Cavan             4 2 0 2 0-45 3-38 -2   4
5 Longford         4 1 1 2 3-38 1-48 -4   3 
6 Offaly             4 1 1 2 3-34 2-53 -16  3
7 Louth             4 1 0 3 3-46 3-40 6     2
8 Limerick          4 1 0 3 1-39 3-45 -12   2
Last updated: 15 Mar 2009

Onlooker

Down, Roscommon & Tipperary level at the top of the table with 6 points each.  Tipp have won their last 3 matches (2 of them away from home) and were outsiders with the bookies and the media in all 3 matches.  Maybe the penny is beginning to drop that Tipp are a better team than some of the other counties in Div. 3 realised.

Zulu

Tipp suffer from a being percieved as a hurling county and therefore many football counties presume they are poor or if they win a game it was a bit poxy. The reality is that Tipp have had some very good underage teams for a while now and most of the players are footballers predominately. While I would still expect Limerick to make the Munster final this year tipp are definitely coming and will be a decent team for the next number of years at least.

Rossfan

Well done Ros a good win away from home even if we did need a penalty save and a couple of other good saves from Claffey to deny Louth goals.
Good Ros  turn out maybe 600 or so and s good performance in patches from most of the players.
Donie Shine kicking some wonderful points - lets hope he can do likewise against that crowd next Saturday.
We're now set up for a top of the table clash with Tipp next Sunday which wint be easy as we're hardly likely to use any of the U 21s unless we bring Donie on to take frees at some stage.
I dont like criticising Refs unless they're from Laythrum  ;D >:( >:( >:( and true to tradition Flynn did the usual hatchet job on us - denied a nailed on penalty in the first half,gave us only one free within range in the entire game and basically gave 90% of the calls in Louth's favour.
Still we're getting a bit of shape and as they say a lot done more to do.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

western exile

Quote from: Onlooker on March 15, 2009, 06:52:21 PM
Down, Roscommon & Tipperary level at the top of the table with 6 points each.  Tipp have won their last 3 matches (2 of them away from home) and were outsiders with the bookies and the media in all 3 matches.  Maybe the penny is beginning to drop that Tipp are a better team than some of the other counties in Div. 3 realised.
Any of the 610 souls that attended your first game would not agree. Tipp lost the game because they were unable to score from play for 70 minutes and relied totally on converted frees from the brilliant Barry Grogan.  And in the win over Cavan he scored 7 points from frees in a winning total of 13. I don't know anything about the other 2 games, perhaps other posters can enlighten us on them  8)
The Tipp run is over, don't take their price against Roscommon or Louth as Tipp will lose both of these  ;)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Rossfan on March 15, 2009, 07:59:00 PM
Well done Ros a good win away from home even if we did need a penalty save and a couple of other good saves from Claffey to deny Louth goals.
Good Ros  turn out maybe 600 or so and s good performance in patches from most of the players.
Donie Shine kicking some wonderful points - lets hope he can do likewise against that crowd next Saturday.
We're now set up for a top of the table clash with Tipp next Sunday which wint be easy as we're hardly likely to use any of the U 21s unless we bring Donie on to take frees at some stage.
I dont like criticising Refs unless they're from Laythrum  ;D >:( >:( >:( and true to tradition Flynn did the usual hatchet job on us - denied a nailed on penalty in the first half,gave us only one free within range in the entire game and basically gave 90% of the calls in Louth's favour.
Still we're getting a bit of shape and as they say a lot done more to do.

I wasn't at this match so don't know how good or bad the ref was but there are two things that should be said. No team should be guaranteed 50% of decisions nor should  they be guaranteed frees within scoring range. The ref is there to make each individual call on its merits.

Cavan have Offally away next Sunday and then Ros at home the following Saturday. If we can win those two (big big IF) we'll be in with a strong shout for promotion. If we lose them we'll be in with a strong chance for relegation. Very tight group

Rossfan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 15, 2009, 08:59:31 PM
No team should be guaranteed 50% of decisions nor should  they be guaranteed frees within scoring range. The ref is there to make each individual call on its merits.

These decisions usually even themselves out over the course of a game but not today. Prior's spirit is still alive and well  among the daub and rushes. >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

western exile

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 15, 2009, 08:59:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 15, 2009, 07:59:00 PM
I wasn't at this match so don't know how good or bad the ref was but there are two things that should be said. No team should be guaranteed 50% of decisions nor should  they be guaranteed frees within scoring range. The ref is there to make each individual call on its merits.
I agree. It is not the refs fault if a team commits 90% of the fouls.  These things should not even themselves out just for the sake of it.  I know referees do have bad games (too many!), but this is not reason to criticise them

western exile

Quote from: imdagaffer on March 15, 2009, 04:45:25 PM
Team                P W D L   F    A  +/-   Pts
1 Roscommon    4 3 0 1 2-51 0-44 13   6
2 Down             4 3 0 1 1-54 2-41 10  6
3 Tipperary        4 3 0 1 3-49 2-47 5    6
4 Cavan             4 2 0 2 0-45 3-38 -2   4
5 Longford         4 1 1 2 3-38 1-48 -4   3 
6 Offaly             4 1 1 2 3-34 2-53 -16  3
7 Louth             4 1 0 3 3-46 3-40 6     2
8 Limerick          4 1 0 3 1-39 3-45 -12   2
Last updated: 15 Mar 2009

Next up
22 Mar 2009     Offaly      v     Cavan         
22 Mar 2009    Roscommon    v    Tipperary       
22 Mar 2009    Limerick    v    Down
22 Mar 2009    Louth V Longford

I pick home wins for Roscommon and Louth and away wins for Down and Cavan

western exile

And what is it with Louth and penalties in this Division?  Have they missed (or had saved) a penalty in every game so far?  Had these been scored, Louth would probably have won each of those games and be top of the table now.

Rudi

Quote from: western exile on March 16, 2009, 01:45:13 PM
And what is it with Louth and penalties in this Division?  Have they missed (or had saved) a penalty in every game so far?  Had these been scored, Louth would probably have won each of those games and be top of the table now.

If Carlsberg did penalties, ...... ;D

Not a bad side at all, but Ros were full value for their win yesterday. Tipperary are doing well also, big match in the Hyde next weekend, if Ros win they should go up, as I can't see Cavan beating Offaly in Tullamore.