NFL DIV3

Started by mattockranger, January 27, 2009, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

It does for all bar the Cavan game.

mattockranger

Cavan although gone AWOL I feel that they still may have a key role to play in the outcome of this group
scrapping for survival with the players at there disposal, and playing for the pride of their county jersey i think they will scalp a few wins against teams above them...

Even more competitive group than I thought!

Downs group to lose
with louth and roscommon to fight for the other promotion spot
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Qwerty28

Next up for longford is the local derby away to the forces of evil in the Hyde! ;D  Never seem to get a result there. Have to be happy with results so far, one more win should see us safe, be hard pushed to pip Down and prob Ros/Louth to second spot, although still have a few players to come back in, great start for new managers and players

Rossfan

Quote from: Qwerty28 on February 16, 2009, 05:54:50 PM
Next up for longford is the local derby away to the forces of evil in the Hyde! ;D  Never seem to get a result there.

Nor in Pearse Park either  :D
Anyway it'll probably in Kiltoom.
As for chasing a top 2 spot ..lets be realistic ... we won't win in Drogheda and it's hard to see us batin' Down so that means a max of 8 points  if we can win the other 3. Avoiding the bottom 2 is our main aim at this stage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Limerick will have a big say yet, Louth will bate Ros. Cavan, Offaly & Longford all well capable of beating some of the perceived big teams.

western exile

Next up....

7 Mar 2009     Down      v     Cavan         
8 Mar 2009    Offaly    v    Louth       
8 Mar 2009    Limerick    v    Tipperary       
8 Mar 2009    Roscommon    v    Longford   

I forecast wins for Down, Louth and Limerick.
and a Roscommon / Longford draw.

Billys Boots

QuoteNext up for longford is the local derby away to the forces of evil in the Hyde!

We were in the Hyde last year as well, and got beat out the door.  This year Ros seem to be a bit better, and we're not (yet anyway).  Win for Ros.

I think Cavan might beat Down (strangely), Limerick to beat Tipp and Louth to beat Offaly.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

cavanmaniac

At the very least Cavan are going to have to put in some sort of a spirited performance, else the alarm bells will truly be ringing. We always give Down a decent game, and we desperately need some positives this weekend.

Hopefully we can expose any weaknesses Down might have at full back, but then again, we have our own defensive holes to plug. A win would be manna from heaven and would really turn things around given that we're just two points off the 3rd-placed total, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

Azzurri

Table as of 7th March 2009 9:30pm

Team        Played         Won        Drew        Lost        +/-               Points

Down            3              2             0             1         5                      4
Longford       2               1            1             0           3                     3
Louth            2              1             0             1         10                     2
R'Common     2               1            0             1           8                     2
Cavan           3               1             0             1          -3                    2
Tipperary       2              0             0             1          -4                    2
Limerick         2              1             0            1           -10                  2
Offaly           2              0              1             1          -9                    1

Upcoming Fixtures:

8 Mar 2009    Offaly    v    Louth       
8 Mar 2009    Limerick    v    Tipperary       
8 Mar 2009    Roscommon    v    Longford   

Maguire01

That's a seriously wide open division. Down mess up yet again!

Shamrock Shore

We could be toppermost of the poppermost this time tomorrow!

Rudi

Super result for Cavan, hopefully Offaly can beat Louth & the Rossies give Longford their bi-annual beating.

Rossie11

Team        Played                 +/-               Points
R'Common     3                    10                    4
Down            3                    5                     4
Tipperary       3                    -3                    4
Longford       3                     1                     3
Offaly           3                     -8                    3
Louth           3                     9                     2
Cavan           3                    -3                     2
Limerick        3                    -11                    2

Double Cross

Quote from: Rudi on March 07, 2009, 10:01:36 PM
Super result for Cavan, hopefully Offaly can beat Louth & the Rossies give Longford their bi-annual beating.

I hope you had a few quid on that.