I think I can fly...

Started by Zulu, January 23, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: laceer on January 24, 2009, 11:42:39 AM
There's a picture of Cavlan fielding a ball for Tyrone - not sure who against - in the front bar in McAleers in Dungannon. He's at least 4 feet off the ground.

Must be a high ceiling in that place.

longrunsthefox

Eugene was Augher and Tyrone. Him and six other brothers played in minor Ulster finals for Tyrone. Some record.  Raymond, Dessie, Willie, Eugene, Brendan, Mickey (I think) not sure of other name.

maggie

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 24, 2009, 12:35:43 PM
Eugene was Augher and Tyrone.

The folklore that I have heard, Dessie was actually a much better footballer but got injured and didnt play for the county again.

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 24, 2009, 12:35:43 PM
Eugene was Augher and Tyrone. Him and six other brothers played in minor Ulster finals for Tyrone. Some record.  Raymond, Dessie, Willie, Eugene, Brendan, Mickey (I think) not sure of other name.

Wouldn't fancied falling out with them.

5 Sams

Quote from: mattockranger on January 23, 2009, 09:19:38 PM
That photo is breath taking!

reminds me of the famous image of sean walsh and brian mullins leaping in their heyday!!

can't find the image please post it up lads!

The Aristocrat Years

Zulu

That is some fetch, reminds us all that we have some of the best natural athletes in world playing our games.

bennydorano

Is the record for the highest catch in Croker still an Armagh man(Campbell /McCorry??) in the 1953 final v Kerry?

Doire abú

Always thought this was a great picture. Looks better if you can see the grass in the picture though.

whassupp2

Great one handed catch in this video by Seamus O'Neill

Skip to 3:00 to see it

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlsRsMMJUc
take the opportunity of a lifetime in the lifetime of the opportunity

longrunsthefox

Maggie that is a myth Dessie McKenna was good alright and played a lot of games with Tyrone but not true to say better than eugene. No way-Eugene was a fantastic footballer and didn't in three All Stars for nothing when Tyrone wernt hitting All Ireland finals every other year.

dodo

This is a rare photo of the bold Willie Joe with his feet on terra firma

longrunsthefox

Teddy McCarthy of Cork could go up some height too for size 5 or sliotar...was like a step ladder.

maggie

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 24, 2009, 06:22:20 PM
Maggie that is a myth Dessie McKenna was good alright and played a lot of games with Tyrone but not true to say better than eugene. No way-Eugene was a fantastic footballer and didn't in three All Stars for nothing when Tyrone wernt hitting All Ireland finals every other year.

You sayin my da is a liar?

longrunsthefox

ildanach

willy joe v dublin in 85
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.