I think I can fly...

Started by Zulu, January 23, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

O Neil re:: the Cavlan jump? did he "piggy back" the antrim player as in placing his knees on the antrim lads shoulders?
i think i remember the catch you're talking about,You're right he got serious height on that jump.
Still not as impressive as young McKenna though,havent see anything like it.

ludermor

Good and all as a jump it is the mayo lad would have outjumped him if he wasn't been pulled down!!

aontroim

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2009, 08:17:41 PM
Ger Cavlan v Antrim 2003. Casement Park. He was jumping higher than Black Mountain.

There could well be a poster on this board who has the stud marks from Cavlan's jumping 'tactics' that day!

ONeill

Pity he didn't get the ball.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

maggie

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2009, 07:44:48 PM
Augher's a great place for the corned beef.

Its more likely to be the c'berg in dessies.

Zulu

How did you get the picture to show here O'Neill, I tried to do that but couldn't so Ii just posted the links?

ONeill

Right click on the picture and copy the image properties.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zulu

Yeah tried that but it didn't work, if I click 'copy image' it doesn't give me a 'paste' option when I go back here.

ccosgrave

Click 'Copy Image Location' or its equivalent.

Zulu

Did that too but only the address came up when I posted it, not the picture itself, i really only want to know for future reference and I just thought there was a little nack to it that i didn't know, could it be my computer?

laceer

There's a picture of Cavlan fielding a ball for Tyrone - not sure who against - in the front bar in McAleers in Dungannon. He's at least 4 feet off the ground.Worth a look if you're ever in. Despite what has went on with Cavlan this past few years, at his best he was a joy to watch

longrunsthefox

Absolutly Laceer... and how he never got an All Star is a mystery. Was nominated in 1996 yaer Meath literaly hammered them and he threw over some beautiful points that day. Cavlan was a natural ..so gifted and as you say a joy to watch. 

laceer

96 was his first year starting for the seniors i think as well. He scored 12 from play against us in the club championship a few years ago-if he plays for the Clarkes this year he'll be hard to stop in div 3

longrunsthefox

I think we're agreed on this one Laceers. He was a sub in 1995 final. To me Cavlan was most natuarlly gifted player in Tyrone since Frank McGuigan.

orangeman

If Niall has as good a career as father Eugene, Donaghmore and Tyrone will be well pleased. Niall's a great prospect.