Who do you like and dislike most on the board

Started by illdecide, January 19, 2009, 09:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

If you want more people to like you Leenie I would sgget stop referring to yourself in the third person...

leenie

The secret to popularity is not to be interesting, but to be interested.

"When a person becomes terribly interesting he has lots of problems, believe me. That is the chasm which is crossed by all of your celebrities, anybody who is foolish enough to become famous. He crosses over from being interested in life to being interesting. And people who are interesting are really no longer interested in life. It's very baffling to some young fellow why he can't make some beautiful girl interested in him. Well, she is not interested, she is interesting." — L. Ron Hubbard

If you want people to cooperate with you, to like you or to open up to you, you must be interested.

Instead of focusing on yourself, you start to focus on others. You notice what makes them happy or unhappy. Your attention comes off of you and onto others.

When your thoughts are more on others than on yourself, you feel little stress. You act and respond with more intelligence. Your production level increases and you have more fun.

When you are interested, people love your interest in them. They want to be around you. You are popular.

Five Ways to Be More Interested

1. Strive to shift your attention from yourself onto other people or objects. This is a great stress reliever.

2. Find things about people that interest you. Force yourself to look for interesting things. Soon you will automatically take interest in people without thinking about it.

3. If you catch yourself acting like someone else, you are being interesting. Simply get interested in the person in front of you and you'll feel more natural. You are most effective when you are simply being yourself.

4. When someone makes you nervous or shy, get interested in them. Take your attention off of yourself and on to others. With practice, you will be calm, even bold.

5. Focus on how you can help others. Let your interest in helping people replace your tendency to act interesting. Your effectiveness and popularity will soar.

[/quote]

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR POINT AND SHALL TAKE IT ON BOARD.....

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Zapatista

I like

Lynchbhoy for being willing to put his money were his mouth is.

Fear ón Srath Bán for his ability to always say it straight yet never offend (a rare talent)

Fuzzman for his witt.

Gerrykeegan for being genuine.

Tankie for his persistence.

Orangeman for being interested in everything.

Lar Naparka, everyone likes Yoda. 

Lone Shark for disliking so much yet never being angry.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on January 22, 2009, 12:35:12 PM

"When a person becomes terribly interesting he has lots of problems, believe me. That is the chasm which is crossed by all of your celebrities, anybody who is foolish enough to become famous. He crosses over from being interested in life to being interesting. And people who are interesting are really no longer interested in life. It's very baffling to some young fellow why he can't make some beautiful girl interested in him. Well, she is not interested, she is interesting." — L. Ron Hubbard

If you want people to cooperate with you, to like you or to open up to you, you must be interested.

Instead of focusing on yourself, you start to focus on others. You notice what makes them happy or unhappy. Your attention comes off of you and onto others.

When your thoughts are more on others than on yourself, you feel little stress. You act and respond with more intelligence. Your production level increases and you have more fun.

When you are interested, people love your interest in them. They want to be around you. You are popular.

1. Strive to shift your attention from yourself onto other people or objects. This is a great stress reliever.

2. Find things about people that interest you. Force yourself to look for interesting things. Soon you will automatically take interest in people without thinking about it.

3. If you catch yourself acting like someone else, you are being interesting. Simply get interested in the person in front of you and you'll feel more natural. You are most effective when you are simply being yourself.

4. When someone makes you nervous or shy, get interested in them. Take your attention off of yourself and on to others. With practice, you will be calm, even bold.

5. Focus on how you can help others. Let your interest in helping people replace your tendency to act interesting. Your effectiveness and popularity will soar.

Are you taking popularity tips from the dead founder of Scientology?!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Zapatista on January 22, 2009, 01:34:38 PM
I like

Fear ón Srath Bán for his ability to always say it straight yet never offend (a rare talent)

Fuzzman for his witt.

Do you mean in "real life"? Surely this is difficult on an internet discussion board?!

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on January 22, 2009, 12:35:12 PM

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR POINT AND SHALL TAKE IT ON BOARD.....

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!
[/quote]

NO SHOUTING IS A BIG HELP LEENIE.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 22, 2009, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on January 22, 2009, 01:34:38 PM
I like

Fuzzman for his witt.

Do you mean in "real life"? Surely this is difficult on an internet discussion board?!

He will usually come up with the goods in both.

Hashtag

I am getting strange PM's from a member on the board. I fear, not so much for my own safety, but someone elses.
He has been sending me PM's for a few weeks like we have met etc. I thought it was funny at first. A Larf if you will. Now, I think the poster has issues. Is there any physcologists on this forum as the boy can't get right.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hashtag

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 25, 2011, 01:47:53 PM
spill the beans  :o NAME & SHAME!

What are the rules about personal messages and posting them on the main forum?
If you check out the My Christmas=Ruined thread it won't take you long to figure out who I mean.

muppet

Quote from: Hashtag on November 25, 2011, 01:49:25 PM

If you check out the My Christmas=Ruined thread it won't take you long to figure out who I mean.

The wife?
MWWSI 2017

haranguerer

I'm not surprised someones sending you abusive messages, I just took a look at that thread and I feel like bludgeoning you to death. Your other posts are pure drivel too.

tyrone girl

Quote from: haranguerer on November 25, 2011, 08:14:33 PM

I'm not surprised someones sending you abusive messages, I just took a look at that thread and I feel like bludgeoning you to death. Your other posts are pure drivel too.

Aint often i agree with you but i love this  :)