Question on cooking...

Started by pintsofguinness, January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

If I make tomorrow's lunch now and put tomatoes on the sandwiches, will they be soggy tomorrow?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM
If I make tomorrow's lunch now and put tomatoes on the sandwiches, will they be soggy tomorrow?

Weird..
I just had the same discussion with my woman a few minutes ago...
They can be very soggy next day in my experience
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Treasurer

Seeing as you said earlier that you wanted a woman who can cook, you shouldn't have any problems if tomatoes in a sandwich constitutes "cooking"

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM

Not if you dont slice, dice or cut them.
MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

Put the tomatoes between a slice of cheese on one side and ham on the other - bobs ure uncle and marys your aunt! ( Years of practice btw.)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Treasurer on January 18, 2009, 10:23:35 PM
Seeing as you said earlier that you wanted a woman who can cook, you shouldn't have any problems if tomatoes in a sandwich constitutes "cooking"
Well the housemate doesnt know either treas and I dont want it to be like the time I made banana sandwiches for lunch.  

tip: don't make banana sandwiches the night before, the banana goes all black and slimy.  

pintsofguinness

I'm only putting one slice of ham on the bread (Id put on two but I've to save 200 quid to get root canal done.) so I can't surround the tomato.

QuotePut your vegetables, such as lettuce and tomato, in a separate bag. Sandwiches become soggy when veggies sit on top of it for an extended period. Instead, add them right before eating the sandwich.
that remind me of the time I opened my plastic bag to take out my lunch and found that instead of my lunch box with sandwiches I'd lifted a box of lettuce out of the fridge that morning. 

FermPundit

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 10:30:10 PM
I'm only putting one slice of ham on the bread (Id put on two but I've to save 200 quid to get root canal done.) so I can't surround the tomato.

QuotePut your vegetables, such as lettuce and tomato, in a separate bag. Sandwiches become soggy when veggies sit on top of it for an extended period. Instead, add them right before eating the sandwich.
that remind me of the time I opened my plastic bag to take out my lunch and found that instead of my lunch box with sandwiches I'd lifted a box of lettuce out of the fridge that morning. 

I've been known to take my housemate's lunch to work instead of my own. I just lift the first plastic bag I see when in a hurry.

muppet

Have you ever heard of canteen, sandwich bars, cafes, bistro or coffee shops in Norn Iron?
MWWSI 2017

Our Nail Loney

How come there is no slagging in this thread?? I started one about my lunch one night and got dogs abuse!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2009, 10:46:35 PM
Have you ever heard of canteen, sandwich bars, cafes, bistro or coffee shops in Norn Iron?
Can't afford them things.  
and, as i say, I've to find 200 quid for a root canal!

FermPundit

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2009, 10:46:35 PM

Yep, I have, but our workplace has no canteen and I don't work in the middle of the town. Anyway, in these days of the economic downturn, a packed lunch makes good financial sense!!

FermPundit

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 10:47:32 PM
How come there is no slagging in this thread?? I started one about my lunch one night and got dogs abuse!!

I must have missed that thread. What were you making for your lunch Nail?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: FermPundit on January 18, 2009, 10:51:23 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 10:47:32 PM

I must have missed that thread. What were you making for your lunch Nail?

Chicken tikka sandwiches.

I was looking to know the rules on making chicken and heating it etc as I know that you aren't alllowed to do something... Suddenly everyone turned on me, main instigator... you guessed it, Pints!