All Ireland Scór 2009

Started by downgirl, January 18, 2009, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Just wondering if anyone can give me details about where in Athlone it is taking place??  Is it in Athlone IT or something??  Also does anyone know how much tickets are and is it a bad road up from Cork?  Would you just go to Portlaoise and across?

cornafean

Athlone IT is the traditional venue for Scor na nOg finals.  Dunno about tickets, have you a contact in your local Scór committee? Driving from Cork? - 2 options: via Portlaoise or via Thurles & Roscrea. The latter is more direct for Athlone but the roads mightn't be as good.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: downgirl on January 18, 2009, 08:08:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone can give me details about where in Athlone it is taking place??  Is it in Athlone IT or something??  Also does anyone know how much tickets are and is it a bad road up from Cork?  Would you just go to Portlaoise and across?

Is there much interest from Down in this one?  ;D

Tickets are likely to come by I'd guess although  as cornafean points out, the best route is via the local Scor contact (do you know who that is from Down?).  Alternatively, having some local Scor contacts in Cork might be useful in getting hands on tickets - let us know :)

When is the programme finalised? Anyone with any info on the clubs & counties taking part able to fill in the details below? Thanks

UPDATE: OK - this looks like the lineup (performance order to be finalised still I guess). A good spread of counties represented with seemingly Cork topping the appearance list with 5 provincial titles.

Rince Fóirne

• Cork - Boherbue
  • Leitrim - Glencar-Manorhamilton
  • Kildare - Maynooth
  • Derry - Watty Graham's, Glen

Amhránaíocht Aonair

• Clare - Coolaclare (Lisa Falsey)
  • Sligo - St Marys (Niamh Farrell)
  • Westmeath - St Malachys (Katherine Nea)
  • Armagh - Silverbridge (Megan Burns)

Ceol Uirlise

• Cork - Boherbue
  • Galway - Corofin
  • Wexford - Bannow-Ballymitty
  • Armagh - Mullaghbawn

Aithriseoireacht

• Tipperary - Borrisoleigh (Cliodhna Burke)
  • Roscommon - St Dominics (James Murray)
  • Wexford - Cloughbawn (Bronagh Hogan)
  • Donegal - Gaoth Dobhair (Brídín Ní Mhaoldomhnaigh)

Bailéad Ghrúpa

• Cork - St Catherines
  • Leitrim - Seán O´Heslin´s
  • Offaly - Shamrocks
  • Down - St Patrick's, Saul

Nuachleas

• Cork - Millstreet
  • Galway - Mountbellew-Moylough
  • Westmeath - St Malachy's
  • Fermanagh - St Josephs

Rince Seit

• Cork - Boherbue
  • Galway - Abbeyknockmoy
  • Longford - St Vincents
  • Cavan - Crosserlough

Tráth na gCeisteanna

• Tipperary - Loughmore/Castleiney
  • Roscommon - Ballinameen
  • Kildare - Allenwood
  • Cavan - Drumlane

downgirl

sabhallphadraig....is that you G????!!

Dont have any scór contacts in Corcaigh, can't find a club that does scór sinsear anywhere near me seems to be everywhere out in the sticks...a bit like saul  :P

Nah in seriousness like, my scór contact from home never bebod or texted me back!!!

sabhall naomh phadraig abú!!!  :D

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: downgirl on January 19, 2009, 10:32:48 PM

downgirl - (I'm not 'G' btw) - tickets I guess are gonna be hard to come by - I know the interest in the club (& wider) is high atm and there's even talk of travelling down to look for tickets on the day (anyone know if that option exists??) and soak up the atmosphere. The club scor coord is doing a good (& difficult) job in trying to get as many tickets as poss and then distribute them as far down the priority list as it goes but not everyone will get I'd say.

Anyone (cornafean?) know how many Athlone IT holds for the finals?

Anyone in Boherbue in Cork (well done on having 3 finalists btw - superb) with a few spare tickets from your allocation for your northern cousins?  ;D

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: cornafean on January 19, 2009, 10:55:00 AM
Athlone IT is the traditional venue for Scor na nOg finals.  Dunno about tickets, have you a contact in your local Scór committee? Driving from Cork? - 2 options: via Portlaoise or via Thurles & Roscrea. The latter is more direct for Athlone but the roads mightn't be as good.

Roads are fine as long as u don't put the wings on (although u might need em for crossing the bog as well as a settled stomach)...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Ddawg

Bout ye Downgirl! I thought your Scór contact had been in touch ;D Tickets will be hard to get one would predict with a lot of interest but as an ex scórer i would say you will  be high enough up the list to hopefully get one! Wont be til about a week and a half before that every1 knows how many tickets they will get!

Looks to be a good running order and the makings of an Excellent All Ireland on the 40th Anniversary of Scór!
Downdawg!

cornafean

Quote from: sabhallphadraig on January 20, 2009, 02:42:57 PM
Anyone (cornafean?) know how many Athlone IT holds for the finals?

I don't know the exact numbers it holds, but I don't think that tickets are normally that hard to come by.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

downgirl

Quote from: Ddawg on January 20, 2009, 03:38:25 PM

Bout ye Downgirl! I thought your Scór contact had been in touch ;D

Yea Ddawg, he got in contact eventually after numerous texts and bebo comments  :P

By the way I won't be an ex-scórer for long, when I finish in Cork I will be back doing instrumental hopefully with the uilleann pipes...I have some fabulous tunes in mind...defo have to win a county medal at least!!!!!!!

Rav67

Good to see Scor still going strong in some places, the amount of clubs entering in Derry seems to have dramatically dropped since I first went to watch Scor na nOg around 1993/94.  Myself and fellow poster Tommy Tight Lips are past Scor champions, can always lay claim to having been an all-county winner in a premier GAA competition

downgirl

Quote from: Rav67 on January 21, 2009, 11:21:06 PM
Good to see Scor still going strong in some places, the amount of clubs entering in Derry seems to have dramatically dropped since I first went to watch Scor na nOg around 1993/94.  Myself and fellow poster Tommy Tight Lips are past Scor champions, can always lay claim to having been an all-county winner in a premier GAA competition

What did you get a county medal in Rav?? I would die for a county medal in instrumental!!

Donagh

1979 county, provincial and national semis winner here. Robbed in the final to come runner-up  :'(

downgirl

Quote from: Donagh on January 22, 2009, 03:35:37 PM
1979 county, provincial and national semis winner here. Robbed in the final to come runner-up  :'(

Jeez Donagh, you are showing your age there!!  :D  What were you competing in anyway?

Whitehair

We (Clann na Banna, Down) got beat in the Tráth na gCeisteanna AI final 5 years ago. We'd won 5 rounds to progress to the final but hadn't put enough effort in to win it, glad I took part though after initially entering as a last minute thing!

leenie

if the ulster final of scor is anything to go by then the all ireland should be spectacular.... the talent is getting better every year. I to am a scor competitor and now help with the scor na og for my club, to see the young getting so involved and being passionate about scor is great.... there is much more to scor that just the nights of the competition, there should be extra points for those who have to practice in old halls, no heating and snow outside on the ground... but sure its worth it!

though as much as i love scor sometimes it can be very frustrating, i don't know about other counties but sometimes the adjudication can be somewhat questionable.. but this has been taken on board as there was an adjudicators seminar this month designed to improve and standardise adjudication. so it will be interesting to see how it fairs.

This year at scor na og, i seen a young fella representing silverbridge in the recitations and i have to say in all my time at scor na og, he was the best i have ever seen, he was brilliant, unfortunately he didn't make it to the all ireland but i have no doubt that he will one day soon.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..