All Ireland Scór 2009

Started by downgirl, January 18, 2009, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Just back from Athlone...a lot of celebrating done last night!!

Here's a list of the winners as far as I can remember!!

Rince Fóirne
Comore Doire (An Mhachaire - Watty Grahams)

Amhránaíocht Aonair
Meagan Burns, Ard Mhacha (Beal Atha an Airgid - Silverbridge)

Ceol Uirlise
Corcaigh - Boherbue   these lads were fantastic, could have gone into senior scór and won it.

Aithriseoireacht
James Murray, Ros Comáin (Naomh Dominic)

BAILÉAD GHRÚPA
AN DÚN - SABHALL NAOMH PHADRAIG - SAUL
(Will post videos up on youtube later so will post the links!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ETcVub7x0 - first song they sang, have a listen and comment on it!

Can't really the remember the rest due to the celebrating, will post them up and perhaps sabhallphadraig or someone else who was there can help me fill it in!

Tráth na gCeist
I think this is right correct me if I am wrong - Tiobaird Árann - Loughmore-Castleiney...this one was initially a tie between the crowd that one and the team from Drumlane, Cavan, so it was nearly another Ulster win!

Nuchleas
Again, correct me if I am wrong, Galleamh An Creagáin Maigh Locha - Mountbellew/Moylough

Rince Set
Longford (Naomh Uinsionn) - Longford (St. Vincents)

pintsofguinness

QuoteAmhránaíocht Aonair

excellent
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

downgirl

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 22, 2009, 05:01:34 PM

QuoteAmhránaíocht Aonair

excellent

yea pints she was brilliant.

seabee

Quote from: sabhallphadraig on February 16, 2009, 10:18:53 AMCan anyone confirm (seabee?) if the big screens next door to the venue will be available again this weekend?  Thanks
Sorry, just saw this now, haven't been on line in a few days. Did you make it to athlone?

Did anyone else put videos on youtube?

leenie

fair play to the ulster representatives, having seen them in the ulster final delighted for them!  3 out of 8 ... very good... (best province) ;)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

downgirl

sabhallphadraig

Downgirl,

Thanks for the link - they're great and I totally understand the nerves part. What a weekend and thanks for your part in that.  You're spot on with the winners across the categories even though I think we all got major distracted after the Ballad Group announcement. Well done to Watty Grahams and to Meagan Burns on their deserved wins. I feel for the Drumlane team in the quiz - so close but hope they come back and succeed in the future. Also, cheers to the Boherbue contingent (Liam, Ger etc) including the fantastic Instrumental Music group - u's made it a Saturday night / Sunday morning to remember.  There's a bit of a sleepy write-up on the club site now .... www.saul-gac.com

downgirl

Sabhallphadraig, how was the homecoming for the girls?

Also what were the results of the East Down final?  Do instrumental need me to come up for the county final?  :D

downgirl

This is Boherbue, Cork, the lads that won Instrumental, this isn't what they played for the scór but just to give you an idea of how good they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyMzznpckg

leenie

Quote from: downgirl on February 23, 2009, 01:06:47 PM
This is Boherbue, Cork, the lads that won Instrumental, this isn't what they played for the scór but just to give you an idea of how good they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyMzznpckg

they are very good, no wonder they are 3 in row champions.... glad its traditional rather than "trad"...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: downgirl on February 23, 2009, 09:37:06 AM
Sabhallphadraig, how was the homecoming for the girls?

Also what were the results of the East Down final?  Do instrumental need me to come up for the county final?  :D
It was great - convoy (flags, car-horns) from Castlewellan and crowd of players, committee etc waiting at St Patrick's Centre for the welcome - good reception back. Then on out through Downpatrick, Saul, Raholp before breaking up to head for East Down Scor Final..... need to target some success on the football field now  ;D   I can PM you some of the pics ...

Last night then was wins in 4 (Ceili, Solo, Recit & Ballad) + Runner-up in 1 (Instrumental)..... you'd need to ask Ddawg tho' for any more on the plans for the county final  :)

downgirl

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 23, 2009, 03:21:55 PM
Downgirl, Thanks for all those links. Do you have any of Meagan Burns?

I don't sorry Dougal, I wish I did have!  There is bound to be someone from the Armagh contingent that went down for it that recorded it though?

magpie seanie

Our dancers were unlucky by all accounts to be beaten in the Connacht final by Manor I think. Its a pity cos I would have probably gone if they were in it.

How did Niamh Ní Fhearghail (who is a native of my parish) get on in the solo singing?

downgirl

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 24, 2009, 02:08:07 PM
Our dancers were unlucky by all accounts to be beaten in the Connacht final by Manor I think. Its a pity cos I would have probably gone if they were in it.

How did Niamh Ní Fhearghail (who is a native of my parish) get on in the solo singing?

They only announce the winners at the All Ireland final, so won't know for a few weeks how everyone else was placed.  What was she singing do you know??  Can remember her but not what she sang!

downgirl