Memorable acts of sportsmanship in GAA games

Started by Hardy, January 12, 2009, 10:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

When Micko's Kildare were beaten by the Dubs in, oh, 2001 or something in Micko's last expenses claim game for Kildare the Hill were slagging him.

All the same Micko went up to The Hill and waved and fair play to the Dubs they all cheered and applauded.

Pity the auld codger came back with Laois

muppet

Quote from: RMDrive on January 12, 2009, 07:00:12 PM
Would this stuff not fall under "unfounded allegations" and therefore not be allowed? Sure whats to stop me or anyone else creating a BS rumour about some player, then I can just say that I heard it from a "rock-solid source" and Bob's your Uncle!

Actually we should try inventing a rumour about some one and seeing does it catch on.

I'll start: From the horses mouth I heard that Francie Bellew will be named as the next Dalai Lama.
MWWSI 2017

Blue and Navy

I heard that as well and the Chinese authorities are getting very worried about Francie's possible strong arm tactics.

ziggysego

Reminds me of the time they accused Gormley lording it over Gavlin at the end of the All-Ireland Final. Someone was able to source a series of photos which showed that the paper only chose the one to make Gormley look bad.
Testing Accessibility

RMDrive

Quote from: muppet on January 12, 2009, 07:06:45 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on January 12, 2009, 07:00:12 PM
Would this stuff not fall under "unfounded allegations" and therefore not be allowed? Sure whats to stop me or anyone else creating a BS rumour about some player, then I can just say that I heard it from a "rock-solid source" and Bob's your Uncle!

Actually we should try inventing a rumour about some one and seeing does it catch on.

I'll start: From the horses mouth I heard that Francie Bellew will be named as the next Dali Lama.

Good stuff. Not only do you have the Francie one but you have also started one that horses can talk  ;D

Blue and Navy

orangeman

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 12, 2009, 06:36:17 PM
He may have showed it to him before putting his gloves on?

Orrrrrrr....

It may be total sh1te!

Pure dung.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 12, 2009, 05:24:35 PM
Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on January 12, 2009, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 12, 2009, 04:27:27 PM
Tyrone in 1995 allowing Dublin to keep their undeserved All-Ireland, when they were at rights to at very least have the game replayed given that Charlie Redmond refused to lleave the field of play when sent off, which the rules state should result in the referee awarding the game to the other team.

Is there anything else that you'd like to congratulate you're own county on? ::)

Was thinking the same myself, gracious winners and gracious losers  ::)

Did you not know the World revolves around Tyrone.. ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Brian Dooher for getting the Westmeath player sent off after a "hefty swipe"

What? The thread is about sportsmanship, i thought it was about gamesmanship.

I apologise profusely.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed as it is certainly not about memorable sportsmanship now, well I suppose it is bad sportsmanship, maybe that does count.

AN other

Quote from: heffo on January 12, 2009, 09:42:29 PM
I don't believe Bannon deserves a lot of credit for what he said - all he said was he didn't want Moran to miss the Leinster final.

So what is sportsmanship exactly then? After nearly getting his head taken off, accidentally or otherwise, it was very decent and sporting of him to speak out in support of Colin Moran after the Sunday Game Tribunal hung him out to dry.

Gaaboardmod3

Lads, I've removed all posts about that allegation heffo made. Heffo, you've been around here long enough to know better. Any more of that and you're gone.

Also, I deleted posts made about a certain Dublin player as well. Screenexile, same applies to you. Please refresh your memory of Rule 2.

Cheers.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AN other on January 12, 2009, 09:57:43 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 12, 2009, 09:42:29 PM
I don't believe Bannon deserves a lot of credit for what he said - all he said was he didn't want Moran to miss the Leinster final.

So what is sportsmanship exactly then? After nearly getting his head taken off, accidentally or otherwise, it was very decent and sporting of him to speak out in support of Colin Moran after the Sunday Game Tribunal hung him out to dry.

Shane Sullivan did the same after Matty Forde danced at the crossroads on his head. It's almost the done thing to try and mitigate the penalty coming down the line at this stage. I think Pascal Kellaghan even did something similar for Rory O'Connell back in '04?

Puckoon

Didnt ricey help the gooch with a bit of stuck toilet paper so he could run a little easier?

Big Pascal tried to help the gooch get something out of his eye too and there was a big hullaballo about that one also.

People really should stop trying to help the gooch.

Im with Hardy - Ive seen very little sportsmanship on the Gaelic pitch.