Memorable acts of sportsmanship in GAA games

Started by Hardy, January 12, 2009, 10:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Croí na hÉireann

Ok, I may as well be talking to Evil Genius here. Will u just remove the "That's not true and you know it." comment on page 9 and I'll be on my way, the grass growing championships are due to start on BBC2 shortly...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

I'll gladly remove that line from Page 9 if you will admit that there is a possibility you could be wrong.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Jaysus you're a cantankerous oul bollocks Croí na hÉireann. It's an admirable trait though, not enough cantankerousness these days. .
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

behind the wire

One moment that springs to mind was a Down national league game in newcastle a good few years back. i cant even remember who they were playing but i can remember that down had a terrible first half and were nine points down at half time. the weather wasnt great either if memory serves me right. pete mcgrath made three substitutions at half time (i think only 3 allowed then) and down came back to get a draw. at the end of the game the whole down panel approached the stand and gave the supporters a wee ovation, just as a thankyou for their encouragement in the second half.

i had never seen it before and dont think i have ever seen it since, especially not in such an insignificant game.

maybe some of the down posters could remind me of who down were playing or what year it was.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Croí na hÉireann

Oh ffs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTL4PEdbgI&feature=related = Gormley was on the ground facing away from Galvin at the final whistle, he get up, turned around and then bent over Galvin.

The motion camera doesn't lie. I'm sure you have the final recorded there on HD somewhere if youtube is too grainy. Tell me where specifically I'm incorrect in what I said. And I'm not making disparaging comments about Gormley here, for all I know he could be asking Galvin what is he having for his tea later (it was probably some barnbrack covered in Kerrygold)...

And as my granny, God bless her, used to say, Up Yours O'Neill...

Croí na hÉireann

ONeill

Lads, you're ruining The Block's honeymoon. The newly wed missus says he's not leaving the complex til this issue is settled.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2009, 05:36:11 PM
Lads, you're ruining The Block's honeymoon. The newly wed missus says he's not leaving the complex til this issue is settled.

Sure isn't that the idea of a honeymoon, no thanks necessary Conor...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: tyssam5 on January 17, 2009, 09:38:30 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 16, 2009, 06:58:34 PM
QuoteOr just maybe they couldn't be feckin' arsed giving an opinion on something so pathetic, just maybe

Yes, I agree with you. It was pathetic of Gormley to goad an opponent after the final whistle was blown.

It was sporting of you to stay off the board for the last three months following your latest All-Ireland final defeat.

Have the wounds healed sufficiently for you to peek out for under the rock where you've been hiding?

as I told your bum buddy Tyrones Own, I've been on the board consistently since september. Try come up with a better bait.

ziggysego

In fairness, I have seen Mike on the board plenty since September.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrones own

Speaking of bum buddies...get off your knees zig  ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

RedandGreenSniper

Careful Ziggy, you're breaking the Tyrone omerta ;)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year