Wedding Receptions?

Started by Fíor Gael, January 05, 2009, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Milltown
Quotenot sure how much it cost, as in a proper wedding the brides parents pay for it, would have been very rude Alf if i'd have asked them. now with two girls of my own, i've started saving. and if it comes to the time i pay out, then so be it. remember its their day.
Ah I see, someone else paying for it, well I pay my own way.  
[/quote]

tradition scrooge, but you'd struggle with that.

swings and roundabouts. i'll be paying for my girls big day

pintsofguinness

Quote from: milltown row on January 05, 2009, 10:09:35 PM

Milltown
Quotenot sure how much it cost, as in a proper wedding the brides parents pay for it, would have been very rude Alf if i'd have asked them. now with two girls of my own, i've started saving. and if it comes to the time i pay out, then so be it. remember its their day.

[/quote]
You've someone else paying your way and your calling me scrooge? Ha!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

milltown row

you have trouble READING?             

I'LL BE PAYING FOR MY GIRLS WEDDINGS

DrinkingHarp

Just have someone else pay for the whole thing, I seen this on TV and the couples paid next to nothing.

www.weddingsandsponsors.com/blog/

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'LL BE PAYING FOR MY GIRLS WEDDINGS
Course you will  ::)
It's easy to have a big wedding and talk about "lavish arrangements" when someone else is paying for it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: milltown row on January 05, 2009, 10:09:35 PM

Milltown

To be honest I think that is bullshite,tradition me hole,I'd never expect anyone to pay for my wedding day
I wouldn't care how rich my Girlfriend's father was I wouldn't let him pay for it.
I wouldn't feel comfortable letting someone else pay for it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2009, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 09:28:09 PM
Myself and the future Mrs Na G. took ourselves off to the Irish College in Rome. Spent a fortnight in Rome and the surrounding area, came back and had a bit of a knees up for family and friends. Not a sit down meal or anything, just music and a buffet. If you're looking to save money, it'll do that for you. Better, though, and the reason why we did it, is that it takes all the worry and stress out of the event. The two of us had a lovely day and a great honeymoon, without all the usual hassle that goes with it.

What the f**k happened out there?
Usual oul' stuff. Loads of pasta, loads of wine, plenty of sight seeing, bit of jiggy-jiggy, propaganda lectures at the British Embassy, that kind of thing.  ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 06, 2009, 07:03:27 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2009, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 09:28:09 PM
Myself and the future Mrs Na G. took ourselves off to the Irish College in Rome. Spent a fortnight in Rome and the surrounding area, came back and had a bit of a knees up for family and friends. Not a sit down meal or anything, just music and a buffet. If you're looking to save money, it'll do that for you. Better, though, and the reason why we did it, is that it takes all the worry and stress out of the event. The two of us had a lovely day and a great honeymoon, without all the usual hassle that goes with it.

What the f**k happened out there?
Usual oul' stuff. Loads of pasta, loads of wine, plenty of sight seeing, bit of jiggy-jiggy, propaganda lectures at the British Embassy, that kind of thing.  ;)
it worked obviously !
:o

should have gone to the lectures in the Irish college on 'Realistic political actualities of modern day Ireland ' instead
;)

D4S

I got married 3months ago and my reception was in the south.  WHen we booked it the exchange rate was around 70p for a euro, by time we got married it was around 86p.  At 46euro a head for the meal it was pricey.   There used to be a time I think when the wedding paid for itself but I dont think that's the case any longer.  My sister got married 7 years ago and ive had a few more siblings weddings in between and the standard present has been £100 since then, including for our wedding(my sisters meal 7 years ago was half the price of mine).  So for anyone to say that the wedding pays for itself I think you're wrong.  But that was our choice to have a big wedding which is what we wanted and it was brilliant and we don't regret it in the slightest.  We saved around £12000+ in the time we were engaged and then present money paid for the rest.  We had an expensive honeymoon also, and bought a house a year ago, we have fairly average wages i'd say, but it's amazing what you can save if you discipline yourself to put £80-100 away every week.  By the way we didn't make a profit we're back to living month to month but that's fine as long as we don't lose our jobs, so we're tryin to put a wee bit away again!!!

As for the original poster in this thread, if your wedding is going to be less than 180ish you could try either the Balmoral or the Whistledown in Warrenpoint.  The WHistledown has been newly renovated and it looks very good.  There is also the Armagh CIty Hotel but I don't know hoe good it is, but I know the other 2 are!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

FermGael

Only seen this.
Hotel booked for July but we are hearing full time about how it is going to go bust.  It's in the South.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

antigpa

Insure your deposit now.   

Donagh

Quote from: FermGael on January 06, 2009, 11:44:34 AM
Only seen this.
Hotel booked for July but we are hearing full time about how it is going to go bust.  It's in the South.

What hotel are we talking about?

cavan4ever

Quote from: Donagh on January 06, 2009, 11:47:59 AM
Quote from: FermGael on January 06, 2009, 11:44:34 AM
Only seen this.

What hotel are we talking about?
Yeah im interested aswell, have lots of weddings in different hotels this year

FermGael

Donagh will PM you the details if you want. 
Not going to put it on here incase its a load of balls.
I hope it is
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

cavan4ever

Quote from: FermGael on January 06, 2009, 11:50:02 AM
Donagh will PM you the details if you want. 
Not going to put it on here incase its a load of balls.
I hope it is

PM me aswell FERM