Wedding Receptions?

Started by Fíor Gael, January 05, 2009, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2009, 01:48:56 PM
Interesting reading considering I'm getting married next July. Looked at all the options available, small family wedding, overseas wedding (big and small) etc etc but decided we wanted to get married in Ireland but somewhere memorable as we have family and friends travelling from USA. Oz and England so that ruled out Kildare and have decided on Inchydoney in West Cork.

We're inviting all our friends and have asked both sets of parents who they would like there, it's the 5th wedding between both families but the 1st on Irish soil. We've organised a traditional music session the night before and a bar-be-que on the beach the day after. The costs aren't too prohibitive and we'll only be taking a weeks honeymoon in Italy. We expect approx 150 to attend, the wedding will be paid for before the big day and any presents or cash will just be an added bonus to what we expect to be a great weekend.

My daughter will be a year old and hopefully she'll be able to walk down the aisle with us. I have one rule and that is if you're single you will not be allowed invite a partner as I  simply do not want any strangers there.

Travellers ??

Joxer

Well it would seem apparent yes but as mentioned before, A hotlier in Donegal is strongly rumoured to be interested in getting his hands on it.   

Wonder will JJ Doherty get manager of it!  ;D I know I know...

full back

Interesting reading considering I'm getting married next July. Looked at all the options available, small family wedding, overseas wedding (big and small) etc etc but decided we wanted to get married in Ireland but somewhere memorable as we have family and friends travelling from USA. Oz and England so that ruled out Kildare and have decided on Inchydoney in West Cork.

We're inviting all our friends and have asked both sets of parents who they would like there, it's the 5th wedding between both families but the 1st on Irish soil. We've organised a traditional music session the night before and a bar-be-que on the beach the day after. The costs aren't too prohibitive and we'll only be taking a weeks honeymoon in Italy. We expect approx 150 to attend, the wedding will be paid for before the big day and any presents or cash will just be an added bonus to what we expect to be a great weekend.

My daughter will be a year old and hopefully she'll be able to walk down the aisle with us. I have one rule and that is if you're single you will not be allowed invite a partner as I  simply do not want any strangers there.

Jaysus dinny, inbreds??

Married next July. Is that July 2010 & your daughter is going to be 1?
Am I the only one confused ???

Dinny Breen

Smart arses......  :D

Don't start that whole this/next arguement. When I say next July I mean this July. So July 2009.....
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Ok Dinny, July 09  ;)

No defence about the inbreds though :o

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 06, 2009, 02:28:47 PM

Travellers ??

:D :D

Dinny on the single thing,What is your definition of a single person ???
I have been going out with my woman for 5 years and am living with her for the past 3,we're not married so I would consider myself single,certainly on any forms I fill for anything when asked its always the single box I would tick
Only curious btw nothing else
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

QuoteDinny on the single thing,What is your definition of a single person

Somebody who is not in a relationship and would only be bringing a date for the sake of of it.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2009, 02:47:56 PM
QuoteDinny on the single thing,What is your definition of a single person

Somebody who is not in a relationship and would only be bringing a date for the sake of of it.

Thats grand so I'm allowed to bring my woman so  :)
Looking forward to it  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donagh

Sounds like a good weekend. Is it okay for me and the wife to bring our own carryouts?

SidelineKick

How do you plan on enforcing that rule Dinny?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Onion Bag

A very easy rule to enforce, anyone that you want to invite to the wedding, their name will be on the invite,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

cavan4ever

Should be a good bash with the music the night before and beach the next day. I can't wait.

tyronefan

man with a big stick at the door   ;D ;D

SidelineKick

Quote from: tyronefan on January 06, 2009, 02:58:40 PM
man with a big stick at the door   ;D ;D

:D

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 06, 2009, 02:57:21 PM
A very easy rule to enforce, anyone that you want to invite to the wedding, their name will be on the invite,

And what about anyone who has just started a relationship? Does it have to be a minimum period of time? Perhaps only people that are engaged to show the seriousness of their relationship  ::)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

tyronefan

you could ask them questions

a bit like Mr & Mrs  you would need so many points to get in