Eurodisney

Started by Minder, January 02, 2009, 10:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Going in a couple of weeks to see my oul mate M-i-c-k-e-y M-o-u-s-e. Anyone been lately, anything to avoid? My wifes friend is there at the minute and said whatever your budget is double it !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

Went two years ago with the ex... Only went for a day, wasn't really enough time to get everything done... Queues are so annoying, even though I went at an off peak time of year you were still talking about twenty odd minutes in queues...

The rides were good, though they hit you with charges for photos and stuff after that you cant really say no to!

Overall it was really really good, but a dear hole, all the food places an all are ridiculously over priced... Bring packets!

Tony Baloney

Only a madman would go with the current exchange rate and weather. Imagine queueing for 2 hours in the cold! ;)

Minder

A bit of cold weather will do no harm, exchange rate is making me sad but i think Eurodisney needs the prestige of a visit from Minder.....

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2009, 10:11:37 PM
A bit of cold weather will do no harm, exchange rate is making me sad but i think Eurodisney needs the prestige of a visit from Minder.....

The cold weather won't make a difference, I went the week before christmas, it was cold but get yourself a good duffel coat and scarf and you are sorted!! Plus there are things to do inside like shows etc that will keep ya warm... You are always on the go as well (except for queuing)

mannix

take it from me, its damn cold in paris now. the lines are long even today in early january,wrap up well and keep extra credit on your card just in case.
unless its for your kids its a bit of a waste of time, lines of people paying twice the price for bad food and marketing gimmicks.
Kids think its good though. so who am i to question?

Tony Baloney

Are you staying in the resort or outside? If you are outside where prices are slightly more reasonable then fill your boots at breakfast and take your scran into the place in a daysack otherwise you'll be paying a fiver for a glass of tap water.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 02, 2009, 10:20:09 PM
Are you staying in the resort or outside? If you are outside where prices are slightly more reasonable then fill your boots at breakfast and take your scran into the place in a daysack otherwise you'll be paying a fiver for a glass of tap water.

Staying in the Disney hotel that the wee fella from Derry drowned in last week (RIP). Breakfast is included so i will be filling a rucksack with ham rolls and the like.

Our Nail Loney

Yeah brilliant advice... The fast food/shops are a rip of, a sandwich cost me near ten euros I think!

Then again I got to shake Mickeys hand... And go on Space Mountain...

The Honey I Shrunk The Kids thing was class, was all 3-D plus had other effects like stuff under your seats an all!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on January 02, 2009, 10:46:31 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 02, 2009, 10:24:02 PM
Then again I got to shake Mikeys hand
f**k, I'd be raging if I went to Eurodisney, to meet Mickey Mouse and his cousin, Mikey, was standing in for him that day.

The Honey I Shrunk The Kids thing was class, was all 3-D plus had other effects like stuff under your seats an all!!
Are you sure that wasn't the plane?

Mikey was better craic, had more of an edge than Mickey, he was smoking and had a 1/4 bottle in his pocket.

Plus you were right I just rang the ex, turns out it was the plane, and the special effects were no more than turbulence... My dreams are shattered.

milltown row

top class minder, i was there Easter 2007,  don't worry about the ques, the kids loved it and we went to Orlando this summer, and both parks are identical. food is pricey.
there is a McDonalds there and a steak house right beside McDees, food is great but dear
we stayed in the cowboy themed hotel, food was terrible. I'd recommend if your buying any Disney stuff for the wee ones get it in Belfast and bring it over. my girls had the Disney dresses and wore them into the park. 

things to beat the ques, get up early get the bus in and head straight to the park. stay in a particular themed area and do all the rides that morning, rushing around trying to do all will get ya nowhere. you must do the Tower of Terror, brilliant. my kids all loved it and went on loads of times. its just opened in the other park i believe. oh and i think each Disney hotel has a early pass. means you get in at 8 am 2 hours before everyone else.

fast passes are handy to use

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on January 02, 2009, 10:46:31 PM
Then again I got to shake Mikeys hand
f**k, I'd be raging if I went to Eurodisney, to meet Mickey Mouse and his cousin, Mikey, was standing in for him that day.

Is he related to this chap ?

Mikey The Pikey
You'll Never Walk Alone.

illdecide

I'm going there in 2 weeks time too and i've been told you can make it as cheap or as dear as you want it to be. I got 4 of us there for £260 which was quite reasonable and i was told to do what someone else mentioned at breakfast...fill your bag full of the breakfast rolls and they'll do the lunch and that only leaves the spuds for the evening (prob McDonalds which i dislike)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

downgirl

I was there not last summer but the summer before, like everyone has said the food is really expensive in the parks...I think for a burger and chips and a drink it was €10!!!  The waffles at the wee waffle stands are lovely we tended to survive on them...and it's great because you are doing so much walking you actually lose weight! The Finding Nemo ride is class, it was just opened when we got there so there were quite big queues and it kept breaking down but well worth the wait!!  Thunder Mountain (or is it Thunder Railroad in Paris??  Can't remember which one is Florida and which one is Paris!) is good too.  Pirates of the Caribbean is a more relaxing one, as is It's a Small World...that song will stick in your head the whole time you are there by the way!!  Disney Village is good place for night time, there is a club there but I think it was quite expensive.  Rainforest Cafe is a good place for food and a change from the usual fast food places.  Have a great time, wish it was me going!!  :D

corn02

Went a few months ago - unreal.

As stated, the Tower of terror is superb, one of the best there. The ampount of class rides is brilliant. The Aerosmith rolelrcoaster was very good. Check out the car show if you have plenty of time. Not as bad people think. Get there for opening time and stay iuntil closing and youll get all done. Re: Dearness, Hotels close by are a bit cheaper but taxis are crazy dear so staying ina cheap park hotel would work out similar.

The shops and all are wild dear, but then don't buy the crap. A cheap McDs and you are flying. Pissed the whole time I was there, didn;t make a difference. Be perpared for a sore neck on pace Mountain.

By the way it ain't Eurodisney!