Bomb found at a gaa club

Started by FermGael, December 24, 2008, 05:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7799230.stm

Bomb is found near GAA premises

A bomb has been found near GAA premises in Armagh, the police have said.

It was found after police carried out another search in the Friary Road area of Armagh city, following a claim that a device was left there on 13 December.

Inspector Paul Fulham said the device could have caused serious injury. It has been removed for examination.

"This device could have caused serious harm and grief to members of the public, especially children who may have played in the area," he said.

"The people who left it have no regard for life and we do not want them in our society."

What Gaa club was this left outside?
Thankgod that nobody was hurt. 

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Our Nail Loney

In Armagh thread that it was the Athletic Grounds...

orangeman

The RUC are still as efficient as ever - it only took them 11 days to locate it.

Tony Baloney

Any idea where exactly they found it? Who claimed it?

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 07:50:12 PM
The RUC are still as efficient as ever - it only took them 11 days to locate it.
Tragic that this sort of crap is still happening, however i don't think there's any value in diverting the blame. Surely it's beyond argument that the blame lies firmly with those who made and planted the device?

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 26, 2008, 01:17:06 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 24, 2008, 07:50:12 PM
Tragic that this sort of crap is still happening, however i don't think there's any value in diverting the blame. Surely it's beyond argument that the blame lies firmly with those who made and planted the device?

If it had of been beside Armagh rugby ground it wouldn't have taken them as long.

Tony Baloney

Well if it was found on the Friary Road it could well have been as close to the rugby ground as the Athletic Grounds. You still haven't said where exactly it was found.

Maguire01

The fact that reference was made to the 'RUC' speaks volumes. In 2008, i wouldn't expect the RUC to be dealing with it. Is it just an excuse to have a pop at the police? Maybe i'm naive - does anyone else think the police wouldn't follow up on a bomb claim just because it was beside a GAA ground? Or that they'd respond quicker to a Rugby ground?

The claim was that a device was left there on 13th, not that the police were told on 13th. We don't know (a) when exactly it was left there, and (b) when the police were alerted to it. Again, it's a shame to divert the blame from where it really lies.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe fact that reference was made to the 'RUC' speaks volumes. In 2008, i wouldn't expect the RUC to be dealing with it. Is it just an excuse to have a pop at the police? Maybe i'm naive - does anyone else think the police wouldn't follow up on a bomb claim just because it was beside a GAA ground? Or that they'd respond quicker to a Rugby ground?
The RUC is the PSNI
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

umgolaarmagh

The police checked the area a few weeks ago and found nothing, they went back at the start of the week and found a suspect device

Tony Baloney

Where did they find it umgola? I feel like I'm pulling teeth here.

Gaffer

Someone put Tony out of his misery !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Thank you kind sir. If it was 100 yards away how do the cops know it was destined for the athletic grounds? Did some group claim it?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility