Bomb found at a gaa club

Started by FermGael, December 24, 2008, 05:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

The Athletic grounds is about fifty yards from the Pearse Ogs social club. A Hundred yards the other way would be the CBS playing fields or McAnerneys Supermarket. I think it is fair to say it was beside the Athletic grounds.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 26, 2008, 06:49:13 PM
QuoteThe fact that reference was made to the 'RUC' speaks volumes. In 2008, i wouldn't expect the RUC to be dealing with it. Is it just an excuse to have a pop at the police? Maybe i'm naive - does anyone else think the police wouldn't follow up on a bomb claim just because it was beside a GAA ground? Or that they'd respond quicker to a Rugby ground?
The RUC is the PSNI
No. The RUC hasn't existed since 2001.
Do you not agree that anyone still calling the PSNI the RUC is doing so for political motives? And that this might taint the perception of any comment they might make about the police?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on December 27, 2008, 05:21:32 PM
When did the cops say that?
That's my point. It was on teletext that a bomb was found near a gaa club in armagh but it wasn't clear if the bomb was bound for the athletic grounds, the og's or none of above. The assumption, rightly or wrongly, has been that it is for the athletic grounds.

man in black

Are we sure it wasnt a chip pan designed to ignite when funds got low ?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 27, 2008, 09:04:16 PM
QuoteThe fact that reference was made to the 'RUC' speaks volumes. In 2008, i wouldn't expect the RUC to be dealing with it. Is it just an excuse to have a pop at the police? Maybe i'm naive - does anyone else think the police wouldn't follow up on a bomb claim just because it was beside a GAA ground? Or that they'd respond quicker to a Rugby ground?
The RUC is the PSNI
Do you not agree that anyone still calling the PSNI the RUC is doing so for political motives? And that this might taint the perception of any comment they might make about the police?

the new breed....... they will be looking for guys like you in cookstown soon.

pintsofguinness

The RUC is the PSNI
Aaah maguire, the Ruc hasnt existed since 2001.  Bless.  They can change the name and the uniform as much as they want but most of the scumbags that were there in 2001 are still there.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 29, 2008, 12:05:23 PM
  most of the scumbags that were there in 2001 are still there.   

How many stayed on when the new "Service" was set up and what proportion are they of the total PSNI now?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

The RUC is the PSNI
Aaah maguire, the Ruc hasnt existed since 2001.  Bless.  They can change the name and the uniform as much as they want but most of the scumbags that were there in 2001 are still there.   

I'd have to agree with that sentiment Pints.

orangeman

The RUC is the PSNI

I'm not having a pop - and it's not a political statement - merely telling it as it is - if it's any different down your way then congratulations. But much of the old RUC still exists even if they're called something else and even if they wear a different uniform. They called the UDR something else but was it any less intimidating ?.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rossfan on December 29, 2008, 07:57:27 PM
  most of the scumbags that were there in 2001 are still there.   

How many stayed on when the new "Service" was set up and what proportion are they of the total PSNI now?
71% according to the Newsletter last year.
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/71-per-cent-of-PSNI.2099048.jp

I dont care what statistics there are though, I'll believe the PSNI are a different force than the RUC when I see it with my own eyes.

carribbear

The RUC is the PSNI

I agree. They are a totally different police force to the one that existed previously. The difference is day and night as far as professionalism and service is concerned looking after all sections of the community. without prejudice.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: carribbear on December 30, 2008, 05:28:30 AM
The RUC is the PSNI

I agree. They are a totally different police force to the one that existed previously. The difference is day and night as far as professionalism and service is concerned looking after all sections of the community. without prejudice.

Try telling that to the people living in the Rock streets off the Falls.  In fact try telling that to people in west Belfast generally.  Their inability/refusal to act against known scumbags is legendary.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

QuoteTry telling that to the people living in the Rock streets off the Falls.  In fact try telling that to people in west Belfast generally.  Their inability/refusal to act against known scumbags is legendary.
Same in South Armagh and in Cross where the scumbags are racing around the square 50 yards from the police station!
I've lost count of the number of robberies there have been in the last couple of years - not one arrest. 

carribbear

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on December 30, 2008, 01:03:09 PM
The RUC is the PSNI

Try telling that to the people living in the Rock streets off the Falls.  In fact try telling that to people in west Belfast generally.  Their inability/refusal to act against known scumbags is legendary.

Sorry...there was a wee hint of sarcasm in my comments..you might not have picked up on it...

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: carribbear on December 31, 2008, 12:23:25 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on December 30, 2008, 01:03:09 PM
The RUC is the PSNI

Sorry...there was a wee hint of sarcasm in my comments..you might not have picked up on it...

I didn't.  Apologies.

Happy New Year
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something