Ince Sacked

Started by Dinny Breen, December 16, 2008, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: corn02 on December 16, 2008, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 16, 2008, 12:18:28 PM
'The gap was embarrassing,' said Ince. 'I was not expecting it to be quite so easy for United. But they are playing some fantastic football. Maybe early in the season, when they didn't hit the heights they can do, you could question their game.
'Now they are playing great football and Wayne Rooney is back in form. It was men against boys. That's not being disrespectful, it's just the way it is.'

On the ball I thought.

Not half as bad as I was expecting.
Well when your team is struggling in the bottom half of the Premier league would he not be better advised to sort his own house out before commenting on Celtic?  Typical of the mouthy git, Celtic are an established Champions League team with a European record Blackburn can only dream about.  Wasn't that many years ago Celtic dumped them out of the UEFA Cup.

corn02

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 16, 2008, 12:32:38 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 16, 2008, 12:27:04 PM
'The gap was embarrassing,' said Ince. 'I was not expecting it to be quite so easy for United. But they are playing some fantastic football. Maybe early in the season, when they didn't hit the heights they can do, you could question their game.
'Now they are playing great football and Wayne Rooney is back in form. It was men against boys. That's not being disrespectful, it's just the way it is.'

On the ball I thought.

Not half as bad as I was expecting.
Well when your team is struggling in the bottom half of the Premier league would he not be better advised to sort his own house out before commenting on Celtic?  Typical of the mouthy git, Celtic are an established Champions League team with a European record Blackburn can only dream about.  Wasn't that many years ago Celtic dumped them out of the UEFA Cup.

Fair enough, but he hardly went up and pissed on Scott McDonald or anything. Maybe he was commenting as a pundit or something, if so, being Blackburn boss should not come into it.

Doogie Browser

Think it was at a press conference and he was asked for his thoughts, more than anything else I just think it was just disrespectful and not the sort of thing any of the big four managers Rafa, Big Phil, Fergie and O'Neill would say  ;).

corn02

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 16, 2008, 12:38:17 PM
Think it was at a press conference and he was asked for his thoughts, more than anything else I just think it was just disrespectful and not the sort of thing any of the big four managers Rafa, Big Phil, Fergie and O'Neill would say  ;).
True, true   :)

Main Street

Are the disconnected scatterbrain thoughts of Paul Ince worth bothering about?

How about Strachan?  :)
From the betting list Alan Curbishley looks to be the outstanding candidate.

TacadoirArdMhacha

On the ball I thought.

A fairly accurate analysis.

The step up from League 2 was obviously just too big. Crazy to be sacking a manager after 4 months but I suppose that's what happens when membership of a league is worth tens of millions of pounds and only 4 clubs are really safe from the drop.

I heard a couple of days back that Beenhaker was being seriously considered for the Sunderland job. Of the ex-premiership managers, Alldardyce and Curbishley are the 2 most attractive options I would have thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 16, 2008, 12:32:38 PM
Celtic are an established Champions League team with a European record Blackburn can only dream about. 

or

Celtic are a poor to mediocre Champions League team with a European qualifying route Blackburn can only dream about.

/Jim.

Main Street

Is this a slagging match between Irish people who claim to be diehard supporters of EPL teams?
What a farcical joke.

Jim you are forgetting of course when Blackburn were in what they call their their prime, they were booted out of Europe, comprehensively outplayed at Blackburn by Celtic, men against a team and manager with an over inflated opinion about themselves.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Main Street on December 16, 2008, 01:52:03 PM
Is this a slagging match between Irish people who claim to be diehard supporters of EPL teams?
What a farcical joke.
Jim you are forgetting of course when Blackburn were in what they call their their prime, they were booted out of Europe, comprehensively outplayed at Blackburn by Celtic, men against a team and manager with an over inflated opinion about themselves.

MS,

As I am not one of these "Irish people who claim to be diehard supporters of EPL teams" I will have to stand corrected if Blackburn have recently lost to Celtic, they could well have.

I was really only having a titter because of the massive over-reaction to a harmless comment, soley because it was directed against one the sacred cows of modern Ireland: Glasgow Celtic.

/Jim.

Old Bill

Souness big mates the chairman John Williams. Corn Dont think Keane will get it due to it bein too soon after Sunderland. Souness/Tugay or Curbs maybe Big Sam if he doesn get the Funderland gig

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on December 16, 2008, 01:57:18 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 16, 2008, 01:52:03 PM
What a farcical joke.

MS,

As I am not one of these "Irish people who claim to be diehard supporters of EPL teams" I will have to stand corrected if Blackburn have recently lost to Celtic, they could well have.

I was really only having a titter because of the massive over-reaction to a harmless comment, soley because it was directed against one the sacred cows of modern Ireland: Glasgow Celtic.

/Jim.
I have to disagree with you Jim, you call it a massive over-reaction and then in the same vein make a sweeping generalisation that people classify Celtic as 'a sacred cow of modern Ireland'
From most of the musings on the Celtic thread here I would comfortably say that most on here do not follow (or is it worship) Celtic as closely as you seem to think, seems more like to see them do bad than prosper.  From my own epxeriences too most of my mates would not classify themselves as Celtic fans.
My original point really was to highlight that a manager with any kind of professional outlook would be better minded to watch his own house than belittle a team from another country.  

Minder

I would say in the Guvnors's defence that Friedel and Bentley were sold from under him at the start of the season. Someone said the jump from League 2 was too big yet there is a school of thought that a high profile ex player should cut his teeth lower down the leagues before getting a crack at an EPL job.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Minder on December 16, 2008, 02:15:16 PM
I would say in the Guvnors's defence that Friedel and Bentley were sold from under him at the start of the season. Someone said the jump from League 2 was too big yet there is a school of thought that a high profile ex player should cut his teeth lower down the leagues before getting a crack at an EPL job.........

I'd agree with that as well. The best natural progression would be to start with a team in League 1 or 2, then, if successful move on to a side int eh Championship and then a job in the Premiership if possible. Have to say though, I thought when appointed that Southgate was going to a disaster and still wouldn't really rate him but he seems to be doing an ok job.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

nrico2006

2 pages already on a novice manager getting sacked - hardly big news, work must be more boring than usual today!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Old Bill

Owen Coyle is doing a great job at Burnley and will get a bigger job soon but whether the B'burn board fancy him for this job is another thing. Coyle is similar to Ince but a tad bit more experienced. Heard some people on SSN reckon Sven might be the man!
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2008, 03:20:32 PM
2 pages already on a novice manager getting sacked - hardly big news, work must be more boring than usual today!
Every1 must be out of work!