Football Trivia quiz

Started by Jack Dempsey, January 09, 2007, 11:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Heard this today which if accurate might be the most useless stat in the history of football stats.

The two professional teams who have played the most often at senior level without their ever being a draw between them but with both teams winning at least once played on Wednesday night who are they?

Note its not the teams that have gone the most games without a draw ever its just the two teams who hold the record at the minute.

I havent checked the accuracy of the stat and I am relaying on Talk Sport being right on this
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AQMP

Quote from: David McKeown on August 11, 2011, 01:08:59 AM
Heard this today which if accurate might be the most useless stat in the history of football stats.

The two professional teams who have played the most often at senior level without their ever being a draw between them but with both teams winning at least once played on Wednesday night who are they?

Note its not the teams that have gone the most games without a draw ever its just the two teams who hold the record at the minute.

I havent checked the accuracy of the stat and I am relaying on Talk Sport being right on this

Eh, could you repeat the question?

heffo

Quote from: Orangemac on August 11, 2011, 12:21:15 AM
An oldie.

A player who has played for 3 different clubs who have won the European Cup (not neccessarily when they were at the club).

1 each from Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales.

Ireland - Cas - Celtic, Villa & Marseille
Scotland - Alan McInally - Munich, Celtic & Villa
Wales - Huges - Bayern, Utd & Barca

David McKeown

Quote from: AQMP on August 11, 2011, 12:40:49 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 11, 2011, 01:08:59 AM

Eh, could you repeat the question?

Sorry. Two teams played each other last night for the 16th time. None of those matches has ever ended in a draw but both teams have won at least once. That is apparently the current world record for any fixture involving professional teams. Who are the two teams?

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 11, 2011, 02:25:57 PM
NI v Faroes?
The match over in the Faroe Islands ended in a 1-1 draw so that rules that out

AQMP

I think it's Scotland and Denmark but according to the BBC last night was their 15th meeting.  But they have never drawn.

David McKeown

Quote from: AQMP on August 11, 2011, 02:49:08 PM
I think it's Scotland and Denmark but according to the BBC last night was their 15th meeting.  But they have never drawn.

Correct.  I thought TalkSport had said 15 previous meetings without a draw but they must have said that last night was there 15th meeting and no previous meeting has ended in a draw which is a world record for two professional teams when both teams have won at least once in that time.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on August 11, 2011, 12:43:54 PM
An oldie.

A player who has played for 3 different clubs who have won the European Cup (not neccessarily when they were at the club).

Marseille were stripped of their title? Keane - Forest, Celtic, United.

England Ince - United, Inter, Laiverpool?
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2011, 07:40:57 PM
An oldie.

They were stripped of their league title not the European Cup.

The answers I gave were valid but with Inter winning two years ago and Keane then playing for Celtic a few years ago there are now a few right answers.

PadraicHenryPearse

Name the two players who have scored more than 100 Premier League goals without scoring a penalty?
which clubs has Tom Cleverley been on loan to?
Teddy Sheringham at 40 is the oldest ever scorer in the Premier League, but which five players scored at the age of 38?
Who won the first 4 england caps playing for different club teams each time?
Name the top 5 players to score the most goals with their left foot in the premier league?
name the 13 foreign players that featured on the opening weekend in 1992 of the premier league?

Hoof Hearted

How did Notts County do the other night  ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

PadraicHenryPearse

Very well. Did you watch the live stream. Made a comment on the forest thread. Was gutted, County played better and beaten by two wonder goals, mcgugan free kick was great, morgan will never get as lucky again.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 11, 2011, 10:21:28 PM
Very well. Did you watch the live stream. Made a comment on the forest thread. Was gutted, County played better and beaten by two wonder goals, mcgugan free kick was great, morgan will never get as lucky again.

agreed. Tony Cottee had them winning about 3 times before any whistles went
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Orangemac

Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2011, 07:40:57 PM
An oldie.

Keane, McInally,Hughes and Owen were the 4 I had in mind.

For bonus points name a Portugese,Italian, Swede (at least 2)and Dutchman (at least 2) who have done the same. Can't think of a French or Spanish player.