Looks like Keane has jumped!

Started by EC Unique, December 04, 2008, 11:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Its always wrong to put the boot in when somebody is down but, boy, has anybody ever been so hoisted by his own petard ?  You cant spend a career questioning the character and application of others and then quit at the very time when you are most required to display those characteristics.

milltown row

I haven't read the last few posts, not really interested in them. Peoples judgement of Roy Keane will vary, here's mine for what it's worth.

Keane will not be bettered by any midfielders any day soon. While he played no one touched him in the world. He played hard and fair, he never feigned injury and was totally committed.
He took up Sunderland when they were rubbish, dragged them from the bottom three in the championship and won them the league title. They just about stayed in the premier league the following season. This year he left after 15 games, his call, wasn't pushed. Spent 81.1 million on players, 90% crap. On the transfers my thinking is this. Who the F*CK is going to want to play for Sunderland his options were seriously limited, while spending big (because of the inflated prices) there was no big wage structure, so again less players wanting to come.

Arsene or Alex would not make a difference with Sunderland. Keane may come back if he doesn't, so what. I admire the man for the years he gave both Utd and Ireland and his was the first result I looked for after Utd's. while disliking Celtic I looked for the results when he played for them

as for the timing Sheehy, well its best now plenty of time for a new guy to come in and make a change. well after utd hammer them this weekend ;)

Puckoon

Im on the fence about Keano but Milltown - he tried to break an opponents leg - hows that playing fair? There is no doubt that he had a very dark side to his character.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: milltown row on December 05, 2008, 08:55:16 PM
. He played hard and fair

Tell Mr Haaland that..

QuoteWho the F*CK is going to want to play for Sunderland his options were seriously limited

Who the f**k would want to play for Hull City or Portsmouth  ???
Yet both the above clubs prove what can be achieved on a limited budget and having a manager with a shrewd knowledge of players who might not be well known outside of England and making them into a team that are competitive

Arsene or Alex would not make a difference with Sunderland
Utter tripe
You'll Never Walk Alone.

milltown row

and all the players are at it, sure that gobshite from liverpool was going to get a mob to beat up a player who broke his leg and sure Charlton had a black book, i could go on. you only have to go to a kids Gaa match and parents are shouting break his legs.

again it's my opinion

Puckoon

Ah - the difference being those kids parents arent being put on a pedestal - and in your own words, the liverpool player is a gobshite.

the Deel Rover

Any one hear tony cas on matt cooper this evening holy fcuk he fairly tore into keane definately no love lost between the two
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

milltown row

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2008, 09:04:39 PM
Quote from: milltown row on December 05, 2008, 08:55:16 PM
. He played hard and fair

Tell Mr Haaland that..

QuoteWho the F*CK is going to want to play for Sunderland his options were seriously limited

Who the f**k would want to play for Hull City or Portsmouth  ???
Yet both the above clubs prove what can be achieved on a limited budget and having a manager with a shrewd knowledge of players who might not be well known outside of England and making them into a team that are competitive

Arsene or Alex would not make a difference with Sunderland
Utter tripe

portsmouth and Hull are having their day, but like most lights they will fade.

you still on the fence Puc?

milltown row

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 05, 2008, 09:11:59 PM
Any one hear tony cas on matt cooper this evening holy fcuk he fairly tore into keane definately no love lost between the two

aye big tony, now there is a true irish man. in his book he claimed he wasn't even irish at all!!!

Puckoon

Absolutely - I care less about Man united, and to a a lesser extent the Irish national team (I think its fair to say Im a fair weather soccer fan) but not one without an opinion on this bored friday afternoon.

I am merely offering a counter point to your claims - which were doing well until you defended his actions by using examples of people with evidently no class and/or manners doing the same thing that Roy Keane did!

I think your retort about my fence sitting abilities showed that you are temporarily at least, snookered. ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quoteand all the players are at it

Are they  ??? Thats news to me,thats quite a sweeping statement

sure that gobshite from liverpool was going to get a mob to beat up a player

Not sure who you mean but the words that stand out to me in that quote are "was going to"
Big difference by someone talking the talk another thing entirely actually deliberately injuring someone.

Fair enough people like Roy Keane as much as I dislike him,but I would think even the most hardened Keane fans would agree these comments from miltown are the ramblings of a seriously blinkered man,to think what Keane done to Haaland was acceptable because "everyone else is at it" just shows how deluded you are.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: milltown row on December 05, 2008, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 05, 2008, 09:11:59 PM

aye big tony, now there is a true irish man. in his book he claimed he wasn't even irish at all!!!

Always amuses me how anyone who speaks out against Keane is always wrong...
Does his fans ever stop and think that maybe all the people who dislike him and who know him more than we do might just be right?
Can they all be wrong? Is there some massive plot between ex team mates of Keane to make up lies about him..
I don't understand what difference it makes if he is a true Irish man or not.Is his opinions not as valid as someone who is a true Irish man?
I think Cascarino true Irish man or not probably knows Roy Keane better than you do
You'll Never Walk Alone.

milltown row

very good lads have a pop at me for my opinions. thats all they are.

Puckoon

Quote from: milltown row on December 05, 2008, 09:30:50 PM
very good lads have a pop at me for my opinions. thats all they are.

Ack now, thats like fighting with herself. I think that outside of the playing fair bit - you had keanes attributes down to a T. It will be a long time before he is matched again.

the Deel Rover

Im not having a pop at ya milltown just asked did any one hear cas . He called keane a bully said he was a fantastic footballer but not a fantastic person.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001