IKEA

Started by ludermor, November 11, 2008, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Lads,

Thinking of heading up to belfast in a few weeks to suss the place. Just finishing off a house so could potentially get a lot of stuff. Suppose main questions would be
Generally speaking what is their gear like?
Would it be mad busy on a saturday?
Is it worth having a spin up some day before to have a full order?
Do they deliver ( to mayo) and what are the costs like?
If they deliver do they sort your order or do you have to go to the store and pack your own trolly?
If i bring a van for collection do i have to get all the stuff myself in their store?
What are the opening times of the place?

Im sure i have more questions to follow and if anyone has any suggestion please give them

Chrisowc

I'd rather put pins in my eyes than go there.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ludermor on November 11, 2008, 04:13:33 PM
Lads,

Thinking of heading up to belfast in a few weeks to suss the place. Just finishing off a house so could potentially get a lot of stuff. Suppose main questions would be
Generally speaking what is their gear like?
Would it be mad busy on a saturday?
Is it worth having a spin up some day before to have a full order?
Do they deliver ( to mayo) and what are the costs like?
If they deliver do they sort your order or do you have to go to the store and pack your own trolly?
If i bring a van for collection do i have to get all the stuff myself in their store?
What are the opening times of the place?

Im sure i have more questions to follow and if anyone has any suggestion please give them

Ballymun IKEA will be opened soon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nrico2006

Apparently good stuff and easy to assemble but Saturdays are meant to be a killer there so better to avoid it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Would avoid a saturday. As far as I know ikea is pickup only so no deliveries. Their stuff is fine if that is what you are after. It is flat pack furniture not solid oak so don't be expecting anything to last over five years but for people who re decorate regularly you don't want to pay top whack all the time. We got a few bits out of it but more accessories than furniture but may still grab a few book shelves etc for kids rooms.

Donagh

Have only been over twice, both times under duress. Thought the quality of the stuff was poor enough - kind of like the flat pack gear from B&Q only looks a bit more stylish I suppose. Saturdays are busy but it's more the layout of the place that does my head in - they make you walk around in a circuit so you can't double back on yourself to get out. Nightmare place altogether...

youngfella

I hate shopping, really cant stand it. So when i went to ikea it was like hell. Two huge floors of death. Avoid at any costs, dont even suggest it to a woman
Pull hard and early

ludermor

f**k it doesnt sound promising! I wouldnt be able to hack mental saturday crowds.
I know the IKEA's in glasgow deliver so i assumed this one would. Suppose ill do a wee bit of research. I dont want beds and wardrobes but would be interested more in the finishing off stuff ( kitchen utensils, bed stuff, mirrors mats, curtains etc) so i wouldnt need to get the toolbag out

dublinfella

I just bought a place and did it up in IKEA. Some of the stuff there is pure crap, but pay a bit more and its excellent.

They do a pack of 40 kitchen things for £50. Pots, pans, knives, peelers, openers, pyrex, shopping boards, the whole lot. Can't lose. Things like cutlery, glasses, plates are good quality for next to nothing. Wine glasses start at 2p each ffs.

I also got a bed that needed a sand and varnish for £32 but paid up and got a very good quality couch and armchair and kitchen table and chairs. Also good value on curtains, duvets, pillows and the like.

5 Sams

The only good thing about IKEA was the fry in the restaurant....it cost something like 2 quid...including a mug of tea....happy days ;D
The Aristocrat Years

aroundincircles

WHY DONT YOU SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FURNITURE RETAILERS IN MAYO.

ludermor

LOL
f**k off you stupid ****!
i never said i wanted furniture, i have given plenty of support to local retailers who have ( and i have checked) carefully carved all their products from locally sourced timber which was not treated with any environmentally harmful products

aroundincircles

Now now no call for the names support local businesses when you can.

delboy

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 11, 2008, 06:30:20 PM
The only good thing about IKEA was the fry in the restaurant....it cost something like 2 quid...including a mug of tea....happy days ;D

+1 on the fry, the furniture is fine for the price, just don't be expecting it to be fantastic quality.

magickingdom

have to say i was disappointed with ikea, loads and loads of stuff but didnt think the quality was great. the best thing was the swedish meatballs for dinner