IKEA

Started by ludermor, November 11, 2008, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

It's fine for bits and pieces but I wouldn't be rushing to buy their bigger pieces of furniture. We got some great curtains for the kids rooms. Granted you could spit through them but got a woman to line them for a few quid so still worth. The queueing up at the end is the worst part, it's like checking into a busy airport!

under the bar

Remember before you fill your trolley with the cheap Kopparberg,  it's alcohol free!

AN other

It's crazy the way you can't even take a shortcut through the store, you literally have to walk the whole way around. Quiet clever really, but a bit of exploitive on the impulse buyer.
It reminded me of the Father Ted episode in the lingerie department trying to get out of there...it's the world's largest furniture store. I read that, somewhere...

The Real Laoislad

What would happen if you turned around and went back?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AN other

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 11, 2008, 09:57:48 PM

you'd still be going in the same direction! I'm telling ya, there's no way out!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AN other on November 11, 2008, 10:00:16 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 11, 2008, 09:57:48 PM

you'd still be going in the same direction! I'm telling ya, there's no way out!!

f**k me that sounds like a place I'd hate.Whenever the woman and myself go shopping I let her off to do what she wants..Take B&Q for example I head for the power tools section while she goes for the curtains,rugs etc..Like in fairness what real man would give a shite about the colour of the curtains or rugs? Though in saying that I would reckon a few of our posters here are into all that stuff  ;)
Anyway IKEA sounds like hell it would mean the woman would be with me nearly all the time. :(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

delboy

Quote from: AN other on November 11, 2008, 09:55:33 PM
It's crazy the way you can't even take a shortcut through the store, you literally have to walk the whole way around. Quiet clever really, but a bit of exploitive on the impulse buyer.
It reminded me of the Father Ted episode in the lingerie department trying to get out of there...it's the world's largest furniture store. I read that, somewhere...

This first time you go its really annoying but if you are prepared to not follow the herd mentality and put a spring in your step going round the place (in what ever direction you want) it only takes a few minutes to get out.

full back

Find it ok going round the store, not as bad as some are making out
The only thing is you will end up getting so much stuff that you didnt originally intend to get, especially if you have the other half with you

An Gaeilgoir

Myself and the missus went up there 3 weeks ago. We bought a load of stuff, mainly for the young lads room and the office/study in the house. We were in IKEA at 09.00 and were gone by 13.00. Things were getting busy by then. You need to check out the catalogue and know what you want before you go. I generally found the quality quite good and for 1400 pounds we filed a van. The putting together of the furniture is quite easy with great instructions. Add in some cheap booze from sainsburys across the way. Great value and rerasonably stress free. As for IKEA Dublin, we are finishing up on the job there this week, it is then going to be mothballed until June 09, as the 23 million IKEA gave the National Roads Authority to upgrade the roundabout on the M50 wasn't enough. The place is ready and no road...i'm sure the sweeds are impressed with the efficent Irsih!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 12, 2008, 03:20:18 PM
Myself and the missus went up there 3 weeks ago. We bought a load of stuff, mainly for the young lads room and the office/study in the house. We were in IKEA at 09.00 and were gone by 13.00. Things were getting busy by then. You need to check out the catalogue and know what you want before you go. I generally found the quality quite good and for 1400 pounds we filed a van. The putting together of the furniture is quite easy with great instructions. Add in some cheap booze from sainsburys across the way. Great value and rerasonably stress free. As for IKEA Dublin, we are finishing up on the job there this week, it is then going to be mothballed until June 09, as the 23 million IKEA gave the National Roads Authority to upgrade the roundabout on the M50 wasn't enough. The place is ready and no road...i'm sure the sweeds are impressed with the efficent Irsih!

Hope its up to standard,ye have lost a lot of good men  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Gaeilgoir

You know the story yourself, good men gone and the usual dossers left,myself included! Nobody wanted to be sent to that job as it only meant one thing!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 12, 2008, 03:40:21 PM
You know the story yourself, good men gone and the usual dossers left,myself included! Nobody wanted to be sent to that job as it only meant one thing!

So I hear...Ah sure ye still have the Airport..
I heard a few boys(well two)who wouldn't be the best of mates ended up in Wales together..
Also heard a certain individual from Nenagh who was high up got his marching orders any truth in that?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 12, 2008, 03:48:27 PM
Thats right, Your old buddy...gone but not forgotten!

I certainly won't forget him  :D what happened the Audi A6 he had?
In fairness what happened me that time turned out in the long run to be the best thing that ever happened me,though it didn't feel that way at the time
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ludermor

Who was the main contractor out there Gaeilgoir?
I take it your a services man yourself?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ludermor on November 12, 2008, 04:55:02 PM
Who was the main contractor out there Gaeilgoir?
I take it your a services man yourself?

I think it was Sisk...Could be wrong though
Gaeilgoir would be Electrical the same as myself,though he doesn't get his hands dirty anymore  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.