Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchy1

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on February 02, 2007, 11:10:44 AM
Just a few points - IMO
Sean McGreevey (Good Keeper) is a step back, Finucane just have been given the 1 jesrey
Sean McV & Tony Scul all good enough Club players but they are not Halfbacks at county level, Sculiion may do ok in the corner , his delivery is poor, Bell may do OK at  wing half but not at CHB
Joe Quinn - wont even comment
Paul Doc - Big Lad, doesnt use his strength enough - out of his depth at this level
A Gallagher - quick & Strong but lacks enough football skill

These are not personal attcks on these fellas , just points about football

PS I know this is only Jody's 1st League game

yes double e that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but i wud have to disagree.
all those players will start against derry, apart from sean mcviegh and he wont be far away.

i wud be more worried about the cornerbacks.
big pd will maybe end up in the half back line because in my opinion magill will come into the forward line and the defence needs tightening up.
mcveigh will end up playing corner or full back along with colin brady and another.

but thats just my opinion.
i didnt think a bellaghy man wud take such interest in antrim or are you one of those imports that now hail from the casements club portglenyin.

Ethan Edwards

Niall Ward for McVeigh
Paddy Logan for Paul Doc
Switch Lynch & Sculiion

Slim are you in full agreement with Jody's selection  
That'll Be The Day

CoolHandLuke

My Antrim team for Sunday would be
1. McGreevey
2. Brady
3. McClean
4. Ward
5. McVeigh
6. Bell
7. Loughrey
8. McCann
9. Gallagher
10. Brady
11. Logan
12. Doc
13. Close
14. Niblock
15. Cunningham

johnjoe

Is it an overnight to Wicklow? Beller and CJ for roommates!

The excitement is starting to build. see Wicklow are hot favourites to win the match (4/6), but Antrim are well capable of getting a result. Since when did Antrim ever fear Wicklow. Go out and tank them! Up the Saffrons.

Ethan Edwards

Culchie, I have always had an interest in Antrim Football, have I family contentions there, but this  bellaghy - portglenone this seems to bother you, why jealously maybe  :P, I heard last year the Oran O'Kane was seeking a transfer to Portglenone from Rasharkin, and before you ask me how I know Oran, he is married to a Bellaghy Girl
That'll Be The Day

culchy1

Culchie, I have always had an interest in Antrim Football, have I family contentions there,
???

are you asking me or telling!!

dont always believe what you hear double e!!

Ethan Edwards

sorry - I have Family connections here,
aye Big Oran didnt move, rumour has it Portglenone wouldnt take him :P
That'll Be The Day

Maximus Marillius

I understand that Oran O'Kane has been approached by bellaghy to get involved in coaching some of there underage teams. He is living in Ballynease and as you say married to a bellaghy girl.

culchy1

aye max big O has been involved with our minors over the last couple of years and he is taking the u16s this year.

heard something bout that bellaghy wanted him to help out, but sure what could you's boys learn from an antrim man,
after all you's are a gaa hotbed! :P

Ethan Edwards

Cluchie, look on it as bellaghy improving Oran's coaching abilities free of charge and then Oran will inturn pass his newfound knowledge unto the rest of Rasharkin, sorta bellaghy doing yous a favour really  :P
That'll Be The Day

culchy1

your not bad craic double e!! ;D

do those family connections extend to maximus marillius or do all bellaghy people JUST have the same mindset
as that as tina turner wud say are SIMPLY THE BEST. :D ;D

Ethan Edwards

Nah, Culchy , I can safely say max and me are not related, but our titles are there for all to see, so we must be doing something right  ;D
That'll Be The Day

FreeTaker

what all this talk about creggan and mickey moran calling an urgent meeting last week?  then on the cavan hoganstand website, there is talk of him being connected to the mullahoran job??  think i even heard his name being connected to glack in derry.  things must b hitting a rocky patch already!

SlimShady

''paddy logan instead of paul doc''  :D ;D

thats the best I've heard in a long time!!

how did kickhams do in the Ulster league opener? its a bit of a farce that oul league- good for competitive friendlies though.

CoolHandLuke

Bad result yesterday lads, any reports? I would have thought the team we sent down would have been more than capable of taking something out of the game. Leaves us with a mountain to climb now with meath, cavan, wexford and sligo all to come. Suppose we can just hope everyone takes points off each other in this league and we can grind out a few wins.