Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

All sounds a bit self important.

ONeill

Quote from: ExiledGael on November 25, 2008, 05:36:56 PM
Presume these are the McGourty runours?
Kevin and CJ are both quoted in the Irish Star today saying they have no desire to play for Antrim this year at all.

Really? I read earlier in the year where CJ said there was no better feeling than pulling on the Antrim geansai for a Championship match.

Honestly, these St Gall's lads a ruining the county.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Should have been cork hurlers to be honest. Then everyone'd be happy.

ExiledGael

CJ: "I won't be going back to play for Antrim next season. I had a brief conversation with the new manager but I have said that I want to concentrate on winning the Sigerson Cup with St Mary's. Last year I got two weeks to train with St Mary's and it wasn't enough. This is my last year at college and my last chance to win a Sigerson so I want to make the most of it without any distraction".
Kevin: "I intend to live a little without the demands from the highest level of Gaelic games.I am an unemployed graduate, I can't buy a job at the moment and I have had to return to study..I cannot afford to give any more of my time to train and play for Antrim. On top of that I simply do not have the desire to play for the county. I have no desire to play any football at this time. I have explained to St Gall's that I will not be fully committed next season."

ExiledGael

milltown row

trouble ahead, your not the sharpest tool in the box. my 5 year old would have been able to work out from my previous post who i am. but sure you work away. i've no problems

oh we've lost the referee  ;)

firehill

i have to side with cj and kevin..... they want to do other things and fair play... they also take an aweful lot of abuse and i can see why kevin dosnt want to play!  two losses to the county set up but someone else will get use of their talents somewhere in the world!!! possibly soccer for cj too with donegal celtic

Minder

I know the Mc Gourtys love a drama and a bit of air time but would the Sigerson not be finished by St Patricks Day (providing St Marys got to a final) and did Paddy Cunningham not play for Antrim and win a Sigerson for the Poly? Would "Shaws Road" not be better advised telling us when he does want to play for Antrim as opposed to this annual "will he wont he" charade.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenmachine

hopefully thats the end of the mcgourty charade for another year.  I'd say the baker will wrap up this episode pretty sharply, which is the correct way to go.  Invite them to a few trial games next year and if they refuse, so be it.  Anyone would give their left arm for a run at county football and to be more worried about Sigerson football, is in reality a cheap cop out.  In fairness if Kevin is now more focussed in finding a career, thats fair enough, the man has to work but as long as it doesn't drag on and its a weekly charade, especially in his column, 'The man who doesn't hold back'!  I still cringe every time I see it!
In fairness Antrim could really be doing with everyone throwin their lot behind a new fresh approach, but sure if you'd rather have a bit of media attention so be it!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

stiffler

Anyone know when the Dr McKenna panel is to be named?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Frankie Boy

A good Antrim footballer, an honest politician and Santa Claus were walking down the street when, at the same time, all 3 spotted a twenty pound note. Who picked it up?

Santa. The other two don't exist. LOL. Only joking.
LOL. HA HA!

Glensman

The man who doesn't hold back now should.

For the good of Antrim please slip into anonymity for a year and leave Antrim and St Galls to try and do what they do best.
You chose to be that undergraduate for so many years and chose to take your student union post so good luck for the next step finding a job etc but please for the good of Antrim just slip into the night.

Always a big believer that talent shouldn't be wasted. He has it...like Winker Watson he has it but if the choses to pass up what alot of people would as said give their right arm to have and be able to do then have the decency to not rub their and the players who will line out's noses in it.

McKenna panel bound to be named soon so that the players can step up their training/get programmes for the gym.
First game early January I think.

davincicode

Name : Loyal Antrim fan
26 November 2008
Colleague called me yesterday to check out that other board that only takes cheap shots at our loyal county servants, i was shocked and disgusted to witness a ???? Player/Coach named as one of the loyal posters to this site. ???? should have more sense, the article was then withdrawn.This gentleman is an active referee in the county, and then posted his admittance to being himself after against the poster who named him. That Board has now withdrawn the posting that named this person, can i ask can the county not do anything about this board and its continual cheap shots at Players officals referees and men and women that commit their time for the good of Antrim Football&Hurling.

Unfortunately we cant do anything about the rubbish that appears on these sites. And yes, someone in these positions ought to have more sense.

Who is this? What have i missed lads, MR is this directed at you by any chance? Looks like whistle blowers are about trying to sabotage the board members. Looking at the posting the county SS have now got some details to go on. Be careful out there lads.

milltown row

ah well, i liked that refereeing. after this i wouldn't get a Ladies football match ;)

Davinci you'll have to do them for me ;)

davincicode

MR not a chance! Not finished just yet, still 1 maybe 2 years in the auld dog yet. Whats the mood in the club after your exit, mc Gourtys going mad are they?