Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Its only the last two round games that are supposed to be played together.
We had requested a free weekend or an away game this weekend at the start of the season.
Regardless of the reason for the refixture, there is absolutely no need to force it in this thursday night when there will no doubt be several free weekends between now and the end of the season.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

driveherin

blewuporstuffed

Even if it is, this game is the 4th last game (round 12) so doesn't effect the final 3 run in games.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mountain Man

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 16, 2016, 03:32:38 PM
Even if it is, this game is the 4th last game (round 12) so doesn't effect the final 3 run in games.

blewuporstuffed, your lads are bound to have got rid of the hangover by Thursday!!

blewuporstuffed

Its nothing to do with a  hangover, its the fact our pitch was unavailable ( something we had notified the CCC would be the case before the season started.)
I dont see the logic of forcing us to play 3 important games  (including a championship game) In 11 days, when there will be ample opportunity to play the Greencastle game prior to the final rounds of fixtures

Mountain Man

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 16, 2016, 03:49:11 PM
Its nothing to do with a  hangover, its the fact our pitch was unavailable ( something we had notified the CCC would be the case before the season started.)
I dont see the logic of forcing us to play 3 important games  (including a championship game) In 11 days, when there will be ample opportunity to play the Greencastle game prior to the final rounds of fixtures

I have heard that during the vote for a late championship and if Tyrone were beat in the All Ireland Quarter finals, that every club was to have 2 games prior to championship, meaning that the re fixture must go ahead this week.

driveherin

why did you not play the game before the bouncy castles were put on the pitch you clown!!?? also...how does it not affect the run in for rest of the league!!?? It affects the bottom 8 teams!!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 16, 2016, 02:42:13 PM
How much notice is the CCC supposed to give you for a refixture?
Surely being told on the monday of a game on the Thursday night isn't acceptable?
Surely a club getting an email on the Thursday without consultation from the county board that their game is off on the Sunday is unacceptable? Especially when flights home had been booked.
This is unacceptable all over the head of a festival. The game is now fixed for this Thursday night because Augher declined many alternatives to play the game over the weekend and requires more flights and now men missing work.

blewuporstuffed

What absolute rubbish.
We did want to play the game early,  but Greencastle wouldn't agree to change it.
As for effecting the league,  of course it does, it's a league game, every game effects the league, there are two points available for this one the same as every other game.
There will be ample opertunity to play this game before the year is over, shoehorning it in now is senseless.

Club boi

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 16, 2016, 02:30:42 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on August 15, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Things not going well at Rahilly park?
Fallout between Cassidy and McAliskey? Any truth in that?

As everyone has ignored you, either no one has heard anything of your fallout so you may spill whatever it is you have heard yourself?? Don't keep us waiting #Gossip

driveherin

blewuporstuffed...you should think before you speak.....
The result of your game V Greencastle has a massive impact on this weekends games alone!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: driveherin on August 17, 2016, 12:33:26 PM
blewuporstuffed...you should think before you speak.....
The result of your game V Greencastle has a massive impact on this weekends games alone!!

what are you talking about?
Of course it has an impact, it is a   league game between two teams level on points in the table.
My point is we shouldnt have been given 4 days notice of the fixture, just as Greencastle shouldn't have been given 4 days notice that the original fixture was cancelled.
We made the County board aware from before the season even started our pitch was unavailable this weekend, surely it wasn't that hard to schedule an away game that weekend given that sort of notice?
What annoys me is that we almost certainly will end up with free weekends with no football now before the season is over, yet we have to play 3 of the most important games of the season in 10 days.

wee scully

CCC fix games to suit themselves

I know of a refixture only a few weeks back where teams got 48hrs notice of a game

Mel beag agus KERR mór need a lacing

winghalfback

Quote from: Club boi on August 16, 2016, 08:16:18 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 16, 2016, 02:30:42 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on August 15, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Things not going well at Rahilly park?
Fallout between Cassidy and McAliskey? Any truth in that?

As everyone has ignored you, either no one has heard anything of your fallout so you may spill whatever it is you have heard yourself?? Don't keep us waiting #Gossip

Clonoe boys saying nahin

Tommo2

How did the ardboe and carrickmore game go tonight?