Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legoman5

Its Kileshill who where supposidly betting against themselves with players unavailable for the game, Just name the team lads, no one is guna come after ye, thats what the forum is about #discussion

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Legoman5 on August 25, 2016, 08:40:16 AM
Its Kileshill who where supposidly betting against themselves with players unavailable for the game, Just name the team lads, no one is guna come after ye, thats what the forum is about #discussion
Heard it was brave money they had on it as well at 2/1, couple of grands worth.

leenie

Quote from: GaelTheGael on August 25, 2016, 11:59:02 AM
Heard it was brave money they had on it as well at 2/1, couple of grands worth.

Surely there are consequences for this ???
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

time ticking away

Have any refs been named for this weekends championship games ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Fuzzman

jb81 just go to http://tyronegaa.ie/fixtures-results/ and then choose whatever league competition you want and the table appears.

Great result for the Clanns last night I see as they got an away draw v Owen Roes. 4.11 to 3.14. High scoring game.
Any reports on who was scoring all the goals?

longballin

Discussion... or hiding behind a false name to slag people off and make unstantiated allegations about a GAA club  ::)

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: longballin on August 25, 2016, 01:45:21 PM

Discussion... or hiding behind a false name to slag people off and make unstantiated allegations about a GAA club  ::)

It must be a fact that a local bookmaker suspended betting on this game because of irregular betting patterns, the prices posted on this forum would suggest that Killeeshill were favourites to progress (I wouldn't be overly familiar with junior form).  Adding all this up and the manner of the defeat would suggest that there is cause for suspicion.  Again I don't know if they maybe had men lined or there was other reasons for the margin of defeat.

Someone made a few quid anyhow 
Living the dream!!!

tiempo

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 25, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

It must be a fact that a local bookmaker suspended betting on this game because of irregular betting patterns, the prices posted on this forum would suggest that Killeeshill were favourites to progress (I wouldn't be overly familiar with junior form).  Adding all this up and the manner of the defeat would suggest that there is cause for suspicion.  Again I don't know if they maybe had men lined or there was other reasons for the margin of defeat.

Wonder if the bookie paid out?

skeog

TabClear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 25, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

As per above its not on posting unsubstantiated rumours about a specific team on a forum like this.  If your going to make comments about a team like that stick your own name up as well

Is there any rule prohibiting players betting on themselves to win in games they are involved in? Have heard of teams putting bets on themselves at £20/£50 per man at start of season etc. Nice incentive to lift at the end to go with the trophy!

The Bearded One

I think the issue here is that a team may have bet on themselves to lose...which is altogether different from betting on yourself to win.

I'm not comfortable with any players betting on games they are involved in and it should definitely be looked into if it is in fact happening...proving it is the key issue.
It is what it is. Presumably.

vallankumous

Quote from: The Bearded One on August 25, 2016, 04:48:36 PM
I think the issue here is that a team may have bet on themselves to lose...which is altogether different from betting on yourself to win.

I'm not comfortable with any players betting on games they are involved in and it should definitely be looked into if it is in fact happening...proving it is the key issue.

Any bookie taking bets on Junior Championship is an idiot that deserves to get ripped off.

square_ball

Quote from: vallankumous on August 25, 2016, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on August 25, 2016, 04:48:36 PM

Any bookie taking bets on Junior Championship is an idiot that deserves to get ripped off.

Why the junior? Could easily happen and has happened in intermediate and senior so wind your neck in.

vallankumous

Quote from: square_ball on August 25, 2016, 07:15:41 PM

Why the junior? Could easily happen and has happened in intermediate and senior so wind your neck in.

A bit of perspective. Yes it can happen at the Olympics too but we're talking about Junior Championship and local bookies. Maybe 10 bets in total. Any bookie taking a big bet on that is an idiot.
Are you the bookie or something?

leenie

Truth in that it wasn't just one bookies but a few in Tyrone ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..