Lazer eye surgery

Started by southdown, May 24, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

I have a consultation in a few weeks with Optical Express about getting this done.

I have heard mixed reviews on the results of the surgery.  Can anyone share their experiences and give me an idea of the costs involved?  Would love to get it done, but I have some reservations.

Thanks

Nally Stand

Quote from: southdown on May 24, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

I have heard mixed reviews on the results of the surgery.  Can anyone share their experiences and give me an idea of the costs involved?  Would love to get it done, but I have some reservations.

Thanks

+1
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Down South

DirtyDozen12

We are all blind bastards by the looks of things, im very interested in this too and was thinking about it last week.  Wearing glasses for wathcing TV, driving and all is pissing me off.  Contact lenses are good but if they dont sit right then f**k they can be irritating.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Minder

Wife had it done last year by Optical Express, cost depends on how bad your eyesight is. Her eyesight was pretty bad (insert lame joke here) Her surgery was £1700ish with a couple of hundred discount through work. She said was best money I have ever spent...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

wherefromreferee?

Have often thought about gettin it done myself, but never followed through on it.  I've no real hatred for glasses, and my eye sight isnt that bad. (-2.25L and -2.50R) 

Will be keeping an eye on this thread though!  ;)
In your Endo!

tyrone girl

Saving the pounds to get this done myself - hate having to wear glasses for driving tv etc it pisses me off - hat contacts as they dry me eyes and irritate them - had great eyesight up until about 4-5 yrs back then it got real bad.

Down South

I assume this will be much cheaper in the black north?

Hedley Lamarr

Had it done about 18 months ago by Optimax on Lisburn road. Cost around £800 per eye.

Now to be honest I am very squeamish about my eyes, and I nearly backed out at the last minute, but it was worth it.

From getting the drops in to freeze the eyes to having it done took around 15 mins....that was it.....home with the groovy sunglasses and eyedrops, driving the second day after.

Just keep using the drops and keep the eyes clear of dust etc and home free after 7-10 days.

Only regret is that I never got it done ages ago. 
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

maggie

Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2010, 02:05:17 PM
Wife had it done last year by Optical Express, cost depends on how bad your eyesight is. Her eyesight was pretty bad (insert lame joke here) Her surgery was £1700ish with a couple of hundred discount through work. She said was best money I have ever spent...........

Has she not given you the road yet then?  ;)

(bet you saw that one coming)

Minder

Quote from: maggie on May 24, 2010, 02:27:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2010, 02:05:17 PM

Has she not given you the road yet then?  ;)

(bet you saw that one coming)

She thinks I am even better looking now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

Has the consultation in Optical Express about 18 months ago myself.   I was only suitable for the newest and most expensive option.  £4,500 for both eyes.   Will have to wait until price comes down to below £2k to even consider it.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 24, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Had it done about 18 months ago by Optimax on Lisburn road. Cost around £800 per eye.

Now to be honest I am very squeamish about my eyes, and I nearly backed out at the last minute, but it was worth it.

From getting the drops in to freeze the eyes to having it done took around 15 mins....that was it.....home with the groovy sunglasses and eyedrops, driving the second day after.

Just keep using the drops and keep the eyes clear of dust etc and home free after 7-10 days.

Only regret is that I never got it done ages ago.

DO they do the 2 eyes at once or will they only work on one eye one day and then the other eye a few days later or what?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

vav

Had it done 8 years ago. Would highly recommend it. Cost €2500 per eye at the time and got them both done at the same time.

Slight burning smell when your are getting it done and an intense pain afterwards. They recommend ya sleep for a few hours when you get home. I couldn't sleep and the pain was horrible. Once I eventually got to sleep, I woke up with no pain or discomfort.

Had to wear goggles to bed for first few weeks so as not to rub eyes in my sleep and goggles in shower to avoid water contact with them.

Definitely best thing I've ever had done. Was barely able to see the screen in front of me & distances were a big blur beforehand. Have better than perfect vision now.

My friend got it done by the same Dr a few weeks before me. She had trouble with her night vision while driving and had to go back a few times to get it corrected but has had no trouble since.