Lazer eye surgery

Started by southdown, May 24, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

got it done nearly 3 years ago now- best thing I've ever spent money on- cant believe i didnt do it earlier. No pain- got it done in the morning- no pain, slept the afternoon and next day it was as if someone had replaced my tv with a super HD number.

MAKE SURE YOU GET IT DONE SOMEWHERE WITH A GOOD REPUTATION

don't let someone loose on your eyes unless you absolutely trust them
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

oakleafgael

The only person I would recommend is Dr Gerard Kervick, he works out of Ultralase in Belfast.

Doogie Browser

What if the consultant is wearing glasses?!

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on May 24, 2010, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 24, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Had it done about 18 months ago by Optimax on Lisburn road. Cost around £800 per eye.

Now to be honest I am very squeamish about my eyes, and I nearly backed out at the last minute, but it was worth it.

From getting the drops in to freeze the eyes to having it done took around 15 mins....that was it.....home with the groovy sunglasses and eyedrops, driving the second day after.

Just keep using the drops and keep the eyes clear of dust etc and home free after 7-10 days.

Only regret is that I never got it done ages ago.

DO they do the 2 eyes at once or will they only work on one eye one day and then the other eye a few days later or what?

Each case is different, I had both done in the one visit.
Optimax on Lisburn road in Belfast were excellent.....after care was superb.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

thebandit

I got it done in the Wellington Eye Clinic in Dublin, both eyes at once. Its a wierd sensation, and you find discomfort that evening, but it is well worth it.

Shamrock Shore

My eyesight is -2.5 (left) and -3 (right) so I considered it, but my reading sight is perfect and I rarely use glasses to read/type etc. As the surgery would correct the distance it may worsen the up-close so therefore I declined to get it done.

Even those who get it done will prob need reading glasses once they go over 50.

winsamsoon

Considering this myself as i can't see a f**king thing across the street when people are waving at me or on the golf course it's like spot the ball

How about all that are interested putting in a proposal to one of these companies, should be able to negoitiate some sort of decent discount. All coming out with white sticks lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

There's a Dr Frazer in Hillsborough who is the best in the business...

Totally private and a little more expensive than most but well worth it and comes highly recommend by opticians!!

I can get further details if required....

Over the Bar

QuoteThere's a Dr Frazer in Hillsborough who is the best in the business...

Totally private and a little more expensive than most but well worth it and comes highly recommend by opticians!!

And you're comparing him to to which opticians that offer Laser-eye surgery on the NHS exactly??

GalwayBayBoy

I got it done a few years ago and it was fantastic afterwards to be honest. Was glad to be rid of contact lenses. However you will probably still need reading glasses at some point. My eyesight even since has deteriorated again a little bit. Plus don't cut corners with cost just for the sake of it.

Over the Bar

QuotePlus don't cut corners with cost just for the sake of it

or you could end up with the optician in Minority Report!  :D

sawel

My wife had such surgery carried out by Dr Frazer, very professional by all accounts.
My sister is an optition and she does't recommend it
Everyone for themselves i suppose

Over the Bar

QuoteMy sister is an optition and she does't recommend it

;D :D

muppet

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 20, 2010, 02:55:39 PM
QuotePlus don't cut corners with cost just for the sake of it

or you could end up with the optician in Minority Report:D

I read that as the Moriarty Report.

I might have to read the full thread now.
MWWSI 2017

tyssam5

It's LASER: Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation not 'lazer'

There's your physics for today.