Ciarraí V Muineachán

Started by Maguire01, March 28, 2010, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Was today's loss part of a bigger plan? Are Monaghan to stay in Division 1 by sending Kerry to Division 2?  :P

Anyway, one last throw of the dice. Monaghan are definitely capable of Division 1 football and it would be a great boost going into the Championship if we could maintain that status.

All roads lead to Killarney this day 2 weeks.

SuperDooperCooper

Yea all  down to this game really - a relegation playoff.

If Kerry win, we are safe. Monaghan relegated if Tyrone get anything in Omagh; otherwise Tyrone relegated as Monaghan beat them.

If Monaghan & Kerry draw; Tyrone relegated if they fail to get anything from Dublin; if Tyrone draw then mini-league between the three team and we would be safe as we have a superior scoring difference (+4). Not sure what Tyrone's is but Monaghan are -7.

If Monaghan win, we are down as Tyrone beat us.
Going down not ideal but wouldn't be the end of the world either.
Either way a good game for both teams to sign off on, a game with something on the line.

Galvin will be back and hopefully Tomas will make his seasonal bow as well.
Hopefully the u-21 will not be available but that is dependant on the Munster final on Wednesday night (v Tipp in Tralee).

Kerry away on Monday for a weeks warm weather training.

trileacman

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on March 28, 2010, 04:33:25 PM
Yea all  down to this game really - a relegation playoff.

If Kerry win, we are safe. Monaghan relegated if Tyrone get anything in Omagh; otherwise Tyrone relegated as Monaghan beat them.

If Monaghan & Kerry draw; Tyrone relegated if they fail to get anything from Dublin; if Tyrone draw then mini-league between the three team and we would be safe as we have a superior scoring difference (+4). Not sure what Tyrone's is but Monaghan are -7.

If Monaghan win, we are down as Tyrone beat us.
Going down not ideal but wouldn't be the end of the world either.
Either way a good game for both teams to sign off on, a game with something on the line.

Galvin will be back and hopefully Tomas will make his seasonal bow as well.
Hopefully the u-21 will not be available but that is dependant on the Munster final on Wednesday night (v Tipp in Tralee).

Kerry away on Monday for a weeks warm weather training.
How do you see it going?

I'd say Kerry to be honest.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

Honesty doesn't need much of a test to choose Kerry in a must win for them in Tralee, to survive in Div 1

Schkite

Aye it looks an impossible task, our best chance may be the Dubs doing us a favour in Omagh.

johnpower

I wonder how Jack will handle the training trip ? will the lads have recovered by the time they meet Monaghan .? Kerry not going well at all ,looks like we start our crisis early this season . I would not have too much confidence at present

The Subbie

My moneys on Galvin to win the tan off with cooper

Main Street

It's well for the rich counties and their warm weather training, meanwhile the Monaghan lads will be pumping their lungs up and down drumlins.

The Subbie

Canaries for Kerry.
Cremartin for Monaghan.

magickingdom

Quote from: Main Street on March 28, 2010, 07:19:07 PM
Honesty doesn't need much of a test to choose Kerry in a must win for them in Tralee, to survive in Div 1

this game is in killarney. i think monaghan have a great chance, kerry are not playing well and are there for the taking

The Subbie

Quote from: magickingdom on March 29, 2010, 08:01:10 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 28, 2010, 07:19:07 PM

this game is in killarney. i think monaghan have a great chance, kerry are not playing well and are there for the taking

Yerra whist

Main Street

Are you trying to bullsh1t a bullsh1tter?

The Subbie

Quote from: Main Street on March 29, 2010, 11:15:09 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 29, 2010, 11:15:09 PM

My God main street how crass can you get. Did you not know that MK is practicing the ancient and noble Kerry art of "cute hoorism" a la http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13341.0 13th or 14th post amongst all the other supreme examples of this cult of cute hoorism that seeps into every facet of Kerry life, its the way things are down there, at the same time he's on the wind up.

GrandMasterFlash

See M O Se is out: http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=126412 Had he planned on making a return for this fixture??

BTW, Kerry Mike, wherrrrrrrrrre arrrrrrrrrrreeee youuuuuuuuuu? Is ths missus not allowing you to comment on this one??  ;)

Main Street

It's Tomas who is out for the game.

But does he miss out on the 5 days in Portugal?