Kerry V Meath AI SF Semifinal 30th August 2009

Started by comethekingdom, August 09, 2009, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Well folks, Mayo were favourites to be there. Instead we have got Meath. I hope we dont lie down like 2001. Heres hoping we can extract some revenge for that dark day in 2001!

Gnevin

Lets hope both teams ware green and gold again   :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mike Sheehy

Meath complacency will probably be a factor in our favour.  I think they will expect to hammer us again like 2001. Hopefully, our lads will show and give them a decent game.
We were hammered by Cork and both Sligo and Longford should have beaten us. The Dublin game tells us nothing so overall you'd have to be worried.

So over all I'm quietly pessimistic but, still ,its great to make the semi-final and hopefully everybody will have a great day out.

Gnevin

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2009, 04:05:03 PM
Meath complacency will probably be a factor in our favour.  I think they will expect to hammer us again like 2001. Hopefully, our lads will show and give them a decent game.
We were hammered by Cork and both Sligo and Longford should have beaten us. The Dublin game tells us nothing so overall you'd have to be worried.

So over all I'm quietly pessimistic but, still ,its great to make the semi-final and hopefully everybody will have a great day out.

;D

Good one . You surely must  in the running for cute hoor of the year now!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mike Sheehy

comethekingdom

Very true Mike. In '01 we were hammered by 15 pts. Keeping it to single digits this time will be an improvement.

Mike Sheehy

Absolutely. Meath are very difficult to stop once they get a head of steam up. You'd have to be worried about guys like Sheridan running amok. Bray will be back for this as well won't he ?  Also, I'm not convinced by Griffin at full-back the Mike McCarthy will be targetted as well, what with him not playing inter-county for 3 years. An AI semi will be a huge step up for him.

single digits is probably the best we can hope for I suppose.

kickingmule

ah yeah .. should be a walk in the park for meath.

bcarrier

Darragh gets his chance to beat one of two counties he has played against  and not defeated in championship.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Can this thread be renamed to:  Kerry V Meath AI SF Semifinal 30th August 2009 - The Art of Cute Hoorism
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

comethekingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 09, 2009, 04:30:23 PM
Can this thread be renamed to:  Kerry V Meath AI SF Semifinal 30th August 2009 - The Art of Cute Hoorism

Remember - Meath turned youse boys over in 2007!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 09, 2009, 04:35:05 PM
Remember - Meath turned youse boys over in 2007!

Aye, though it was a weakened Tyrone team and to listen to yourselves you'd swear that you'd no chance at all on the 30th. You've something better than that  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

no, not meath their going to kill us. make us look like the dubs  ;) whats with mayo tho? thought they'd win today

Nailed On

Kerry into 11/10 favourites for Sam now with Paddy Power due to their 'easy' semi final...

Frank Casey

Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 05:48:43 PM
Kerry into 11/10 favourites for Sam now with Paddy Power due to their 'easy' semi final...

Sure what do the bookies know - hadn't they the Dubs odds on last Monday.
KERRY 3:7