Ciarraí V Muineachán

Started by Maguire01, March 28, 2010, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cde

Main Street

That RTE news article reports that Tomás O'Se is expected to be available for selection.

Previous reports of his injury may well have been over-pessimistic (or just over-optimistically interpreted).

Schkite

Colm Greenan is out, hopefully JP is fit to start.

Carbery

Quote from: thebandit on March 31, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
Is this game due to be televised?

The games covered by TG4 are:-
Tyrone v Dublin (Live)
Donegal v Armagh (Deferred)

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Schkite on April 06, 2010, 06:36:37 PM
Colm Greenan is out, hopefully JP is fit to start.

Good new about D Freeman too. He can still do a job for Monaghan either from the start or from the bench. Keepin D Hughes further out the field is important IMHO and getting JP back in at FB is crucial also. 'If If If' Monaghan can get out of the blocks like they did against Mayo and not let the concentration lapse (like they did against Mayo..) then they're well in with a shout. Kerry don't seem to be firing on all cyclinders (yet!) so if we' can keep our noses in front we'll give them plenty to think (worry!) about and can do it.. That's a serious amount of 'ifs' though...  ::)

upmonaghansayswe

Cant wait for this one.. And i know everyone would prefer it to be a Saturday night affair, (starting to head to monagahan round half 4 on sunday doesn't sound appealing) but.. lets say it was Saturday night and we lost... then it would kinda ruin the Saturday night in Killarney so.... leave it to the sunday get the 2 nights on the beer (full of the optimism that we are going to win of course) and leave it all to sunday!!! Up monaghan!!!

Main Street

I guess Northern Sound will have a commentary on the game, but out of a misguided sense of PC they also cut away for excruciatingly long stretches to a Cavan game.

Is there a local Kerry station streamed on the internet which does a commentary on the game?
Subtitled commentary would be grand but not expected.

bingobus

Quote from: Main Street on April 07, 2010, 03:12:06 PM
I guess Northern Sound will have a commentary on the game, but out of a misguided sense of PC they also cut away for excruciatingly long stretches to a Cavan game.

Is there a local Kerry station streamed on the internet which does a commentary on the game?
Subtitled commentary would be grand but not expected.

That can be madness at times, not getting on to coverage of the Cavan games but the commentator goes off on complete tangents. A few weeks back he started to let someone know he called to their house in Baileboro the other evening but they where out and he'd call back next week, took him about a minute to detail all that. At times Northern Sound just cut him off mid flow as he won't stop talking about everything and anything. Michael Tynan is it?

timmyot501

Michael Tynan is the guy alright. He is just a bore-fest and all the while you just want them to flick back over to the Monaghan match!! He is no Willie Hegarty!!

Main Street

Not many things can compare to the relief when Nudie comes back on with his breathless machine gun analysis about the Monan game.

Ironically, probably what keeps that station alive is the Death Notices program.
But I digress a little, no doubt some of ye Monaghan heartless feckers may well have on occasion painfully burst a gut laughing as soon as the dulcet tones of that intro hit your ears.

Probably  Radio Kerry are doing the game.

2pm Weekend Sport with Gary O'Sullivan?

Looks like I have missed this program,

The Greatest Day - April 6th - 1975

Episode 23, April 6th, 1975-
Enter Mick O'Dwyer as manager
Kerry fans worried about Munster Championship first round trip to Tipp
Second half switch of John Egan saves Kingdom against Premier County
Cork own goal the turning point in Provincial decider
Sligo torn asunder as Kingdom set up All-Ireland Final against Dublin
Kerry upset formbook as the Years Of Glory era begins

Episode 23 and ye are only up to 1975?

Kerry Mike

http://www.radiokerry.ie/   will have the game live on Sunday with Weeshie Fogarty.

QuoteEpisode 23 and ye are only up to 1975?

Only another 13 All Ireland's after that to bring us up to date  ;) 

and here is Weeshie at his best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNOUbD2I6XU&feature=related
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Main Street

Weeshie ;D

Now it's a double blind between Weeshie or Tynan's mind wandering down Cavan's boreens.

Kerry Mike

Kerry team out tonight (maybe)

Watch out for a surprise or 3....
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

imtommygunn

Dara O'Se, Tommy Walsh and Paidi O'Se back in the team?

GrandMasterFlash

I wish, for the sake of message boards, that Banty would announce 'any' team longer than 5 minutes before thrown in time.. Jaysus give us something to talk/discuss/gossip about Banty.. I hate these big 'pregnant' silences in the 2/3 days leading into matches.. I reckon it'd create a good positive buzz about the place if we knew the team of a Friday..

Rant over.