Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

Yes, they are competing very well. Shouldve been in place years ago

NAG1

Quote from: NorthAntrim on Today at 12:23:57 PMYes, they are competing very well. Shouldve been in place years ago

But failing to field in the reserve league as a result.

Hence my reference to everyone working together to get a joined up solution.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on Today at 12:23:57 PMYes, they are competing very well. Shouldve been in place years ago

Loughgiel are probably the best blessed numbers wise. They have entered Div 2 as a result of limited games in res leagues over the years with (im guessing) other teams letting them down. The stronger reserve teams should play all county leagues in my opinion. The weaker play in the divisional leagues, north and south antrim and scrap these Reserve leagues

NAG1

Quote from: NorthAntrim on Today at 02:12:06 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 12:38:08 PM

Loughgiel are probably the best blessed numbers wise. They have entered Div 2 as a result of limited games in res leagues over the years with (im guessing) other teams letting them down. The stronger reserve teams should play all county leagues in my opinion. The weaker play in the divisional leagues, north and south antrim and scrap these Reserve leagues

Don't disagree with your reasoning.

But then you get into a debate about whether they should play their D2 fixtures or their reserve fixtures when there is a clash and this results in other teams being let down.

I think a collective approach is required to sort this issue out.