Aidan O'Shea

Started by Hardy, August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Possibly the best individual performance I've ever seen in Croke Park. Probably the best by a midfielder. I think it's worth a thread of its own, if only as a token of resistance to the apostles of negativity who want to focus on individual misdemeanours and the ridiculous hype over what people said about what happened in a match, rather than on the match itself.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM
Possibly the best individual performance I've ever seen in Croke Park. Probably the best by a midfielder. I think it's worth a thread of its own, if only as a token of resistance to the apostles of negativity who want to focus on individual misdemeanours and the ridiculous hype over what people said about what happened in a match, rather than on the match itself.

Still only a poor man's Seamie O'Neill though.

Jinxy

Some player.
He needs to lose the fringe though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ardchieftain

Thought he was a bit unlucky to get the line but gave a masterclass in midfield play today. Hopefully he can put in a similar performance in the next two games.

Never beat the deeler

From Brian O'Driscoll's twitter:
QuoteBrian O'Driscoll ‏@BrianODriscoll 10h
I'm getting me an Aidan O'Shea fringe on Tuesday!
Expand
Hasta la victoria siempre

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hardy on August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM
i remember him playing in the minor final against tyrone a few years ago and he looked an awesome player. he has taken a few years to really realise that potential at senior level, but his performance yesterday was pure class.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rrhf

Great pic of mc kenna standing on his shoulders in that game. 

HiMucker

One of the biggest transformations over the last two seasons.  A couple of years ago he was a talented player in midfield but didn't  have the engine or temperament to be affective the entire game, just in short bursts.  Last year his fitness had clearly came on, but this year he his the finished article.  Really look forward to seeing his battle in the middle with cavanagh.  Think he will bowl him over.  A powerhouse of a performance yesterday.

nrico2006

Quote from: HiMucker on August 05, 2013, 08:18:13 AM
One of the biggest transformations over the last two seasons.  A couple of years ago he was a talented player in midfield but didn't  have the engine or temperament to be affective the entire game, just in short bursts.  Last year his fitness had clearly came on, but this year he his the finished article.  Really look forward to seeing his battle in the middle with cavanagh.  Think he will bowl him over.  A powerhouse of a performance yesterday.

Cavanagh will roast him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Cavanagh is one of the best players of the last twenty years, completely different type of player than O Shea.  It will have to be a collective effort from Mayo to stop his runs, but my money will be O shea to edge their duel.
Plus O She doesn't dive, you could go out for a pint with him after the game  ;)

thewobbler

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 05, 2013, 08:20:35 AM

Cavanagh will roast him.

I can't really see these pair marking each other. Both of them spend too much time in the no.6 position.

O'Shea was extraordinary yesterday. He must have touched the ball upwards on 50 times, and I can't remember a mistake.

Ard-Rí

Phenomenal performance. Not much more can be said, except that every county in  the country would love to have him.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thewobbler on August 05, 2013, 08:42:11 AM

Cavanagh will roast him.

I can't really see these pair marking each other. Both of them spend too much time in the no.6 position.

O'Shea was extraordinary yesterday. He must have touched the ball upwards on 50 times, and I can't remember a mistake.
a stat came up on screen at the beginning of the second half i think it was ,  that he had 20 possessions, i think the next closest of any player was 14
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

small white mayoman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 05, 2013, 08:49:30 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 05, 2013, 08:42:11 AM

Cavanagh will roast him.

a stat came up on screen at the beginning of the second half i think it was ,  that he had 20 possessions, i think the next closest of any player was 14

Savage Display from O'Shea yesterday . Pretty sure he had 32 possessions in Total 
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Mario

Unbelievable performance, certainly one of the best i've ever seen from a midfielder. Turned balls over, clean catches, breaks, carried the ball and good deliveries, immense.