Aidan O'Shea

Started by Hardy, August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Another Player appreciation stream. Yawn! Who was it last week that was a world beater and their next game they were back to being a Joe Soap player. Appreciations are written when a player finishes his career, not when he's starting it.

HiMucker

So we should only praise players when they retire?  If we done that the excellent performances of Canty for example would be almost forgotten. "He hasn't retired yet lads, hold the praise, he is bound to put a few shite performances together"
Jaysus some of you Mayo boys are hard to please!

omagh_gael

Think he made one mistake yesterday. Won a clean catch in his own square but gave the ball away to McFadden. However, he didn't give up, chased him down,  blocked his shot, won possesion back and started a new attack. Fantastic.

sam03/05

Great player, but after all the hype surrounding Sran Cavanagh tackle - O'Shea produced the worst tackle of the weekend, a forearm smash into the face of a Donegal player, far worse than anything Cavanagh has done over previous two weeks, but not a word about it. Should have been a straight red instead of a second yellow!

HiMucker

Wise up.  Nothing you wouldn't see in any club match.  The Donegal player made a meal of it.  Not a chance was it worse than Cavanaghs tackle, which BTW I would be expecting one of my own teammates to make if a player was baring down on goal

From the Bunker

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 05, 2013, 10:38:03 AM
Great player, but after all the hype surrounding Sran Cavanagh tackle - O'Shea produced the worst tackle of the weekend, a forearm smash into the face of a Donegal player, far worse than anything Cavanagh has done over previous two weeks, but not a word about it. Should have been a straight red instead of a second yellow!

Both incidents no more than yellows! If you think O'Shea's tackle was a straight red, you really have never played the game!

squire_in_navy_slacks

The buckos could see this performance coming and were ridiculed for stating the obvious............................. A monster of a man, no doubt if he produces within a fraction of this performance in his next two games whilst winning, he will be crowned player of the year and Mayo champions

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 05, 2013, 08:20:35 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 05, 2013, 08:18:13 AM
One of the biggest transformations over the last two seasons.  A couple of years ago he was a talented player in midfield but didn't  have the engine or temperament to be affective the entire game, just in short bursts.  Last year his fitness had clearly came on, but this year he his the finished article.  Really look forward to seeing his battle in the middle with cavanagh.  Think he will bowl him over.  A powerhouse of a performance yesterday.

Cavanagh will roast him.

Always thought Cavanagh had trouble marking players, even big, lumbering midfielders. AOS has been ran by a fair share of times himself but I've seen Cavanagh cleaned out in their air plenty of times too in a manner I've rarely seen happen to AOS.

Cavanagh is at his best when you feed him ball in space. He's a top full-forward playing midfield in many ways, it's the old club trick of putting your best player in midfield. AOS is simply a pure midfielder at this stage.

It's be daft for Cavanagh to be put on AOS in the first place so it's not going to be the match-up.

NAG1

One thing I found funny yesterday having listened to the match on the radio. Heard all the great reports on AOS which I have no doubt were true, got the sunday game on last night expecting to see him right to the fore. In the highlights package he was barely mentioned. Found that strange.

Declan

Fantastic performance alright.As good as anything I've seen in HQ

popinpopout

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 05, 2013, 08:11:34 AM
Quote from: Hardy on August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM
Possibly the best individual performance I've ever seen in Croke Park. Probably the best by a midfielder. I think it's worth a thread of its own, if only as a token of resistance to the apostles of negativity who want to focus on individual misdemeanours and the ridiculous hype over what people said about what happened in a match, rather than on the match itself.
i remember him playing in the minor final against tyrone a few years ago and he looked an awesome player. he has taken a few years to really realise that potential at senior level, but his performance yesterday was pure class.

From said minor final....I believe that's him....underneath McKenna...
https://ssl.utvinternet.com/sportingvisions/imgdir/252241121/322271.jpg

rodney trotter

He was like a bulldozer yesterday, great potential, still 23.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Still a bit to go to fill the Brady boots ....................................................look at the sublime leg work from big David

Whishtup

A small fast niggly boy would do a job on him-pity Penrose is gone!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2013, 01:01:38 PM
A small fast niggly boy would do a job on him-pity Penrose is gone!

Not a chance, he would swipe him aside.............................I expect Gormley to get in his face at some stage