Aidan O'Shea

Started by Hardy, August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2013, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2013, 01:01:38 PM
A small fast niggly boy would do a job on him-pity Penrose is gone!

Not a chance, he would swipe him aside.............................I expect Gormley to get in his face at some stage

Hopefully...

brokencrossbar1

AOS played very well on Sunday but the performance needs to be tempered against the complete lack of opposition he had facing him.  Donegal's MF and HF line were completely MIA and AOS was not under any immense pressure.  He is an excellent player but this love in is ridiculous.  I would expect Harte to start Gormley on him and then rotate the players on him, each one picking up a tick or a yellow and then moving on.  They will torture him.

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 05, 2013, 02:29:31 PM
AOS played very well on Sunday but the performance needs to be tempered against the complete lack of opposition he had facing him.  Donegal's MF and HF line were completely MIA and AOS was not under any immense pressure.  He is an excellent player but this love in is ridiculous.  I would expect Harte to start Gormley on him and then rotate the players on him, each one picking up a tick or a yellow and then moving on.  They will torture him.

Brolly has marked Tyrone's book for the next day. Hard to see past at least one red for Tyrone if things get dodgy.

HiMucker

AOS played very well on Sunday but the performance needs to be tempered against the complete lack of opposition he had facing him.  Donegal's MF and HF line were completely MIA and AOS was not under any immense pressure.  He is an excellent player but this love in is ridiculous. I would expect Harte to start Gormley on him and then rotate the players on him, each one picking up a tick or a yellow and then moving on.  They will torture him.
Aye BCB1 but how could you go out for a pint with them afterwards :D  That will be playing on their minds

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: HiMucker on August 05, 2013, 03:02:30 PM
AOS played very well on Sunday but the performance needs to be tempered against the complete lack of opposition he had facing him.  Donegal's MF and HF line were completely MIA and AOS was not under any immense pressure.  He is an excellent player but this love in is ridiculous. I would expect Harte to start Gormley on him and then rotate the players on him, each one picking up a tick or a yellow and then moving on.  They will torture him.
Aye BCB1 but how could you go out for a pint with them afterwards :D  That will be playing on their minds

I'd go for pints with any man no matter how much he tortured me ;)

Wildweasel74

Seamus O`Shea will pick up Cavanagh and he is equally strong in the air.i would expect mayo to dominate round the middle if they stop Tyrone option of a short kick out. Like the way O`Shea plays myself, hope by the time hes finished he up there with the 3 big out and out midfielders Tohill. O`Se and McDermott. I always though Cavanagh was better suited to wing froward

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2013, 06:12:39 PM
Seamus O`Shea will pick up Cavanagh and he is equally strong in the air.i would expect mayo to dominate round the middle if they stop Tyrone option of a short kick out. Like the way O`Shea plays myself, hope by the time hes finished he up there with the 3 big out and out midfielders Tohill. O`Se and McDermott. I always though Cavanagh was better suited to wing froward

About time someone mentioned the brother.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 06, 2013, 03:50:15 PM

Thought he had a savage game. Credit to the S&C team, his mobility this year has been fantastic.

AZOffaly

Will this be the first time ever two brothers will be marking two brothers in an inter county senior game? Assuming Seamus and Aidan, Colm and Sean all start as in the recent games?

blanketattack

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2013, 03:55:28 PM

Will this be the first time ever two brothers will be marking two brothers in an inter county senior game? Assuming Seamus and Aidan, Colm and Sean all start as in the recent games?

Didn't the Ó Sés mark the McAntees?

AZOffaly

In midfield? Sorry, I meant as two midfield partnerships...

Syferus

PotY 2013 in the house?

Declan

No wonder he was refused entry in the Everleigh!

orangeman

The owners of one of Dublin's most popular nightspots have apologised to GAA footballer Aidan O'Shea after he was refused entry on the evening of his All-Ireland Quarter-Final win.

Mayo midfielder O'Shea was voted man of the match after helping his team annihilate Donegal with a 4-17 to 1-10 win on Sunday- but even that didn't help him at the door of Dublin nightclub Everleigh Garden.

Manager of the Harcourt Street venue Conor Buckley said it was simply a case of mix-up at the door.

"We absolutely apologise to Aidan, there must have been some mix-up," he said.

"We had all the Mayo lads in, Shane McHale, Kevin McLaughlin and Lee Keegan. We love the GAA boys and sent them over a few celebratory drinks."

Conor also denied the suggestion that club promoters prefer Ireland's rugby players over the GAA lads.

"We love having the GAA lads in. There's no preference, we try to make everyone feel relaxed and want to ensure all the lads have a good time," Buckley said.

O'Shea hit Dublin Sunday night to celebrate his team's momentous win over the All-Ireland champions.

What the Breaffy clubman wasn't bargaining for however was to be turned away from the door of Everleigh Garden.

The footballer took to Twitter the next morning to thank the general manager of Dublin 2 nightclub Grafton Lounge for their hospitality the night before.

"Good feeling waking up this morning... focus onto the next one now... Mayo supporters thanking you," O'Shea wrote.

"Also big thanks to @graftonlounge always look after the boys much appreciated @JohnboyEnnis @Davens05."

O'Shea followed up his thanks with a mention to the fact that he had been refused from the club and bar Everleigh Gardens.

"On the other hand thanks to Everleigh Gardens for refusing me entry!," he posted.

The footballer hit headlines for his blistering performance in yesterday's All-Ireland Football Championship Quarter-Final.

And it wasn't just his skills fellow Irish sport-stars were coveting post-match; Irish and Leinster rugby player Brian O'Driscoll tweeted his love for O'Shea's 'do.

"I'm getting me an Aidan O'Shea fringe on Tuesday!," he posted online.

BOD's tweet has since had over a thousand retweets and favorites.

theticklemister

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2013, 04:09:19 PM
In midfield? Sorry, I meant as two midfield partnerships...

Colm Cavanagh may wear a mfers number, but he is not a decent player midfielder.

Did ye not know thats where Sean got his 'tackling technique' from him  ;D