The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2023, 08:21:59 AM
Jon Stewart will have some monologues about Trump and it'll go viral but it's another win for Trump too.

Jon Stewart hasn't had a TV show since before Trump's first campaign - where's he gonna have this monologue?

Captain Scarlet

He has a show on Apple. A podcast I think and is still getting airtime elsewhere. Not to mention social.
He's just an example. Loads of lads today slagging the mugshot but sure that's going to be an image Trump himself will be using.
HOW can they (Media) fall for the same game again?!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 25, 2023, 10:59:45 AM
He actually looks very good in it. I dont think it's anything like what people were expecting.
I watched the Tucker video. What is the man on about half the time. All he seemed to talk about was TV ratings and how his opponents are losers lol.
Did I read that he's up 25 points since the indictments started? If so they are winning the election for him.

He's not winning the election unless circumstances do Biden in or something happens to Biden himself (health or his son's influence peddling gets directly connected to him in a major way).

The GOP base may worship and deify Trump, but no one else wants a return to the endless freak show which, in addition to his ceaseless personal drama, will include serious stuff like a withdrawal from NATO, the complete politicization of the civil service and who knows what when it comes to things like the environment, immigration, abortion and LBGTQ stuff.

Unless he can swing postponements and delays in all these cases, Trump will be spending much of his election year testifying and providing everyone with a daily reminder of what a corrupt, unethical, anti-democratic, responsibility-dodging, mob boss-like wannabe dictator he is.

J70

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2023, 12:39:02 PM
He has a show on Apple. A podcast I think and is still getting airtime elsewhere. Not to mention social.
He's just an example. Loads of lads today slagging the mugshot but sure that's going to be an image Trump himself will be using.

This is NOT a positive from Trump outside of the GOP base.

And what are the media supposed to do? Ignore January 6th and his attempts to steal the election and the fall out from that with Trump becoming the first ever president to be arrested and charged with crimes, never mind over and over again?

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 25, 2023, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2023, 08:21:59 AM
Jon Stewart will have some monologues about Trump and it'll go viral but it's another win for Trump too.

Jon Stewart hasn't had a TV show since before Trump's first campaign - where's he gonna have this monologue?

He has a show on Apple.

Which is available on podcast too.

Very good, hour length interviews with various people.

https://www.theproblem.com/

whitey

Trump supporters (like many people in here) believe what they want to believe

I pointed out to a hardcore Trump supporter that in Georgia:

The Governor is a REPUBLICAN

The Secretary of State is a REPUBLICAN

The Attorney General is a REPUBLICAN

If there was some conspiracy to steal the election, all three of them must have been in on it

Their response-they're RINOS

I pointed out that something like 60 lawsuits got tossed, many by judges appointed by Republican Presidents

Their response: They were appointed by the Bush's who are......you've guess it RINOS

AustinPowers

Quote from: J70 on August 25, 2023, 12:46:04 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 25, 2023, 10:59:45 AM
He actually looks very good in it. I dont think it's anything like what people were expecting.
I watched the Tucker video. What is the man on about half the time. All he seemed to talk about was TV ratings and how his opponents are losers lol.
Did I read that he's up 25 points since the indictments started? If so they are winning the election for him.

He's not winning the election unless circumstances do Biden in or something happens to Biden himself (health or his son's influence peddling gets directly connected to him in a major way).

The GOP base may worship and deify Trump, but no one else wants a return to the endless freak show which, in addition to his ceaseless personal drama, will include serious stuff like a withdrawal from NATO, the complete politicization of the civil service and who knows what when it comes to things like the environment, immigration, abortion and LBGTQ stuff.

Unless he can swing postponements and delays in all these cases, Trump will be spending much of his election year testifying and providing everyone with a daily reminder of what a corrupt, unethical, anti-democratic, responsibility-dodging, mob boss-like wannabe dictator he is.

Never fear. Sure  Ireland can take  America's  place in NATO

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: J70 on August 25, 2023, 12:49:37 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2023, 12:39:02 PM

This is NOT a positive from Trump outside of the GOP base.

And what are the media supposed to do? Ignore January 6th and his attempts to steal the election and the fall out from that with Trump becoming the first ever president to be arrested and charged with crimes, never mind over and over again?

Of course you don't ignore January 6th but rolling live coverage of him handing himself in.
Chatting his supporters without challenge and basically handing him the news cycle - just like they did before.

But I also see how he gets the clicks as outrage and polarised views fuel the Internet.

We only see the hardcore headers on the news but clearly there are millions more who agree with him overall but might not say so in public.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

J70

Yes, there are millions who agree with him. What about the millions who don't? They never seem to be the subject of any analyses.

And come on, we've been in the age of 24 hour cable news for 30 years. Ignoring the unprecedented arrest of a former president is utter fantasy.

seafoid

Every time Trump opens his gob he confirms that he is a stone cold narcissist.

Gabriel_Hurl

Mitch glitching again yesterday - 2nd time in a month.
Really need to implement term limits in politics.
They have a minimum age - there should be a maximum one too.

Eire90

rumours in conspiracy world says they want to lock us down again and trump just warned them.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 31, 2023, 05:17:10 PM

How in the name of Jaysus can he not be told to step down. I know it's not great here but in the USA there are some amount of aul crayturs in powerful positions over there.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 31, 2023, 05:17:10 PM

These episodes McConnell is suffering are bizarre and freaky to look at. He had a fall earlier in the year, so maybe it's related. But surely he needs to take a leave of absence to get sorted out?